• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

post a random fact about yourself

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I have a habit of driving with the heater off even at temperatures of -8°C/17.6°F. Of course I am heavily clothed when I drive but guess who isn't? People that get in my car thinking that I'm planning on wasting my precious gas. The heater exists to clear the windscreen...but also...the towel exists to clean the backlite, windows, mirrors, pure magic. The blurring appears because of the difference between the car's interior temperature and the outside. So you can eliminate it by lowering the windows.
View attachment 69995
Using your heater doesn't really burn any extra gas, this was discussed in my automotive heat/AC class just a couple weeks ago.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
All the effort I put in this post, especially getting the gif compressed. Let's just pretend that I am correct. :D

Random Fact about myself: I've paid over 5.000 euro/5300 dollars to fix and paint it over the last 4 years. It has a sentimental value for me and there is no reason to sell it either after spending so much money on it. Car is a black Citroën C4 V1.6 Turbo VTRS model (2009) has 170.000km/105.633miles. I've changed a piston, the turbo, timing chain and lots of more. It looks and acts like it's brand new.

P.S. Minimum salary here is 720euro/764dollars so we are talking about 7 months of work.
Lol, I get it man. I have a guitar that's trash but I can't get rid of it and want to spruce it up.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I always have zelda dungeon open on my phone. Always. If I want to search up something, I use the Google search bar. Meanwhile on the chrome extension I have zd. I just click on it and hit refresh. I've turned the forums into an app I can access instantly. I am a genius.

I also have a bad habit of compulsively checking the forums every 20 minutes but never actually posting anything.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I always have zelda dungeon open on my phone. Always. If I want to search up something, I use the Google search bar. Meanwhile on the chrome extension I have zd. I just click on it and hit refresh. I've turned the forums into an app I can access instantly. I am a genius.

I also have a bad habit of compulsively checking the forums every 20 minutes but never actually posting anything.
I feel called out...

don't know if I'm describing this right, but the tip of my thumbs can't go back like it seems like everyone else's can, they can only be straight up
same. its called hitchhikers thumb to be able to bend it back further; i do not have this phenotype

i can curl my tongue tho and that is my random fact so im not just piggybacking off your post

Grogson

Treasure...dog!
I have this thing where I'll accidentally "predict" twists in stories not by genuine deduction or guessing but by blurting things out from the top of my head as a joke.
For example, I remember being at my mum's house around Christmas time a few years ago and a Disney Channel movie or something like that was on the tv that my mum and little sister had already seen. A constantly bickering family got stuck in a snowstorm and were taken in by a more harmonious family, I jokingly said the second family is actually dead and there to teach the first family a lesson, to which my mum and little sister just stared at me like "how the heck did you know that".
Or when watching a playthrough of Danganronpa 2's last case and
despite having read that Chiaki was the killer said that I thought Nagito had created a Rube Goldberg machine to get himself killed just to annoy everyone. Close enough.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
same. its called hitchhikers thumb to be able to bend it back further; i do not have this phenotype

i can curl my tongue tho and that is my random fact so im not just piggybacking off your post

Also same. My thumbs are very straight. They also bend backwards better than they bend forwards (towards my palm).
Can also curl my tongue as well.

And to add a different fact, I can make my eyes shake. It's like they vibrate back and forth.

I used to love wintergreen flavored candy, not I'm disgusted with wintergreen flavor for life and I think the flavor wintergreen is absolutely horrifying. At some point in my life, I had to take some freaking antibiotic because of a bacteria. The antibiotic made me sick, I was feeling awful, I had diarrhea and I was vomitting. I had to take Pedialyte (contrary to popular belief, it can be used by both adults and kids) because I was dehydrated, I hate the taste of fruit flavor Pedialyte (it's supposed to taste like fruit punch but the taste is awful) and my mother made me drink that one when I was a kid because there was no other flavor back then so I looked for other flavors at the drug store and chose to try blue raspberry flavor and that one tastes good so I had no problem drinking it (I drank a bit of it on a regular basis for about a week and plenty of water too). The grape flavor one tastes great too and that one is my little nephew's favorite.

The thing is. the doctor who gave me that antibiotic sent me to the drug store and the pharmacist said it would most likely upset my stomach and that I had to take it with Pepto bismol, and I became so fed up with the taste of Pepto bismol that every time I see wintergreen flavored candy or wintergreen flavored anything, I cringe and feel nuseous and repulsed. I much prefer fruit blend Gaviscon but I couldn't take that with the kind of antibiotic they gave me. I also had to take Bio-K+ probiotics (which is freaking expensive). After 6 days of my antibiotics making me so sick that I could hardly eat and sleep I had to quit and go back to my doctor for advices, I kept taking Bio-K+ though because I had to take another antibiotics, for my ear infection this time, and the doctor and my mother convinced me to take it because I was scared I was scared that this other antibiotic make me horribly sick too just like the other one, but that one didn't make me sick like the other one so I felt relieved.

Now I hate the taste of wintergreen. I used to like it and it reminded me of the pink wintergreen mints my grandpa gave me when I was a kid. But now, sadly, I'm disgusted with the flavor of wintergreen for life. I've heard of people who developed disgust and repulsion to something after a bad experience, like a girl who is now disgusted with strawberry flavor because a strawberry drink made her sick after during her cancer treatment. So I know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom