• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Possible to Not Be Able to Go Further?

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
In OOT or MM, are there any places where you did something wrong or you stuffed up and then you couldn't reverse it? Meaning you had to restart the whole game?

I think it happened to me once, in the Water Temple in OOT. I was just wondering around there, clueless and then I got a key. I opened a door realising that I shouldn't of opened that door and it was the wrong door. I, unfortunately saved it and now I couldn't reverse it. Leaving me stuck in the game not able to continue further into it.

So, have you done something wrong causing you to restart the game?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I know of a friend who did the Infinite Bottle Glitch and replaced the BombChus with a bottle.
When he got to ganon's tower, there's a place where you mandatorily need the Bombchus.
So, he got screwed

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, unless you use a glitch, it is impossible to mess up the game. The whole "Missing Key" thing in the Water Temple can't mess you up due to the fact a key is hidden. I did believe that at one point, and I almost reset my first run of OoT; but, I learned about the whole hidden key thing.

Now, in Majora's Mask, unless you corrupt your save file, I don't see how there is any way you can make a full blown reset. If you mess up, all you have to do is Song of Time, of which I had to do several times due to failed objectives.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Hmm... maybe I just didn't look hard enough. :P

Anyway, a few days ago I completed the Water Temple and I did it with ease! One of the easiest temples in the game! (adult)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Hmm... maybe I just didn't look hard enough. :P

Anyway, a few days ago I completed the Water Temple and I did it with ease! One of the easiest temples in the game! (adult)

Water Temple IS the easiest temple in the game.
However, in the master quest, it's another story

Kybyrian

I honestly never saw a difference between the original and Master's Quest... just me I guess.

I thought I got stuck in the Water Temple in OoT because I couldn't find a key... I needed it to advance to the next door, but I guess there's a hidden key. Certainly one that I couldn't find even with the use of guides. That was on like my 4th playthrough, I haven't done it since then.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
What about if that Takkuri in MM steals something vital, and you turn time back without it? (like the sword, or an empty bottle or something)

But lol, even when I was stuck without a key for weeks in the Water Temple (I was 9 when I got upto it), the thought never actually occured to me to reset the game- I just kept on playing 'til I found it :B

But otherwise, I can't think of any way you can screw up like that in OoT or MM, unless you glitch it... LA on the other hand...

C

Camisado

What about if that Takkuri in MM steals something vital, and you turn time back without it? (like the sword, or an empty bottle or something)

Well, after a quick look on ZeldaWiki...

If Link was to play the Song of Time and reset back to the dawn of the first day then, he would recover any items lost or stolen by the Takkuri.

Back on topic xD, I've been "stuck" in places for long times before just because I haven't seen something obvious or I've gone the wrong way too soon, but I've never had to reset the game, thankfully.

K

Kell

Hmm... I actually wonder why people thing it is so hard...

I am thinking of trying Master Quest in the future! :)

I wouldn't use the term "hard" per se, but I hate it much more than all the other temples combined and would probably describe it as "mind-numbing". I felt that the Master Quest version was much easier. That's all just my opinion though, it's probably all in my head.

K

Kotake

I don't know about being "stuck" per se, but I had thought I was on my first playthrough of OoT. I actually managed to complete the Lake Bed Temple before the Fire Temple, somehow. I had no idea why Navi kept telling me about Death Mountain. Consequently, the Lake Bed Temple was worlds harder than it needed to be.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
The forest temple in OOT is kinda maze-y don't like it. I never beat MM twice. The first time things went aight. I think the game messed up because everytime I get the eggs back and save the eggs from the giant snakes, I save and it wont keep it saved.

CZG

The only one I think you can mess up is the water temple from Zelda 2, where you can beat the boss and the palace without getting the flute. I have never tried to go without, the game was hard enough as it was anyway.

Another thing that worried me was getting the skulltula's out of the soil before you plant the magic beans in them. The one next to the merchant doesn't seems to have one, but the other ones could be missed? I don't think there is a way to get them afterwards...

Anybody else though of this?

PS1 - I was told that the water level restores itself in the OoT water dungeon, giving you new chances to reach certain places.

PS2 - You could use the ocarina to go back to dawn of the first day after the bird steals your sword (and before you retrieve it from the curious nightshop in clock town), nothing bad happens. You somehow have your sword anyway.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Unless you corrput thr game, it's impossible to get stuck in MM or OOT.

This shouldn't be a problem in MM: you have the Song of Time to reset everything you've done and, therefore, lose everything you've had collected (except for some things, like Fire Arrows, masks or rupees if you save them at the bank).

As for the Water Temple, you can't get stuck in it... reason why, you can always change the water levels, and, unless you miss a really hidden key (though there aren't any super extremely hidden keys at all :( ), you have to go all the way to change water levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom