• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Possible Spoilers: Post Thoughts

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
So now that I've beaten the game, and its still fresh on my mind, I'd like to talk about a little bit about it, and discuss both the good and bad aspects in the game.

Where to begin?

First off the Music, was just amazing, I can't really say I had any complaints.
Animation style, Its a bit chibi-ish but I suppose if you blew up the 2d sprites from ALTTP it would look alot like that, so I'm 50/50 on it, don't love it but don't hate it either
Art style, the environments and everything looked nice

The controls, ok this where I had a bit of issues, nothing that broke the experience though. The 8 directional movement would screw up when I wanted to shoot a projectile some times, and Pegasus Boots need some better breaks. I'm happy they made the shield manual, but I would have rather it been an item instead. This is mostly the 3ds Xl's fault though, its just not shaped good for using the triggers very often, it like kinda hurts my hands to use the triggers and move around and push other buttons.

Story, ended up being a bit better then it seamed at first. With out too much spoilers, seriously Yuga was a dude? Only thing that overtly bothered me all game.
-----------

The open exploring, I liked it alot better then any zelda game post WindWaker era. Down side, is the giant chasms all over Lorule that prevent you from exploring with out having to go back to Hyrule. But Maiomais pretty much kept me busy, during most of my exploring all game, and they genuinely give you worth rewards.

-----------

The gimmick, well actually I liked it, it makes you think in weird ways, or about how we could be the flatlanders ourselves and not know any better (or maybe thats just me).

The dungeon gimicks, well I loved the way the dark palace worked, it was fairly unique, as far as dungeons went that was my favorite one conceptually.

----
The item system, I liked being able to upgrade things, though after I had all the upgrades i still ended up beating the game with over 9000 spare ruppees.

------------
Overall, I'm not sure if I have to reconsider my favorite 2d zelda, though Is it 2d>? I mean it uses the 3d, but you become 2d to travel through 2d 3d environments. I won't say it can replace majora's mask as my all time favorite though, thats going to take some serious brilliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom