• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Possible remakes/re-releases

What games would you like to see remade/re-released on the Switch/3DS?

• Total voters
I am expecting a Skyward Sword HD remake for the Switch, which will be great with the motion controls and all. I would also like to play Four Swords Adventures on the Switch, but this time released with Navi's/Tetras Trackers in the US (or perhaps it can be a standalone titled as originally planned), with gameplay options such as multiplayer for both FSA and Navi/Tetra Trackers could be online, local, offline with friends, or single player (where you go against Tingle)

Aside from that, I'm hoping they'll release other games on the E-Shop, they gave us Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U, but I would like to be able to play these two games on the switch as well because I sold my Wii U and no longer have a Gamecube, plus I felt like they werent out on the Wii U long enough, seems like the switch was announced not too long after the release of those two games. I think it'd be a great idea, they did it with Oot and MM (N64 > GC > 3DS)

I also would like to be able to play games like the Minish cap on the 3DS (if i remember correctly, it was only available for a limited time on the e-shop).

I'm also hoping for more DLC for BOTW because
I thought the DLC 2 was going to take place AFTER defeating Ganon, but Champions Ballad seems to take place before you defeat Ganon, just giving you back story on when Zelda recruited the Champions. Also, we still don't really know Link's backstory.

And yes, of course I want a new Zelda game to be released, but I'm going to assume theyll release HD remakes to hold us off.

What would you like to see remade/re-released? Comment And/or Vote!

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
  • ****ward Sword
  • Twilight Princess
  • Windwaker
Being able to have the consoles ported or remastered would be a great thing for the Switch.

I would love for them to do what they did on the gamecube. They had one disc with OOT, MM, LOZ, AOL on it.

Maybe they could do a SS, WW, TP, FSA/NT on one cartridge!

Reactions: Dio
I'm not really holding out hope anymore because the 3DS seems to be in its final year of even being somewhat relevant, and I always thought it was more likely to happen for the 3DS than the Wii U or Switch, but I still really want an updated LA in some form. I got really excited when ALBW became a thing, and I thought that game was great, but it's sad to see that Nintendo seems to be ditching the 2D style entirely now that they've struck gold with BotW.

A fully remade LA for the Switch, with visual updates and all, would be an immediate must-own for me.

Also still holding out for OoT HD remake. Someday...

Skyward Sword HD WILL happen unfortunately.

If Nintendo want to sell 20million Switches this year then more Zelda will help, a WWHD/TPHD double pack would be welcome but i seriously doubt anything like that will happen.

VC if it ever happens may bring the usual OoT/MM and 2D games over a period of years like the WiiU did.

SSHD is the onky 'new' remake that'll happen though, the spin off like Tetra's have no chance.

Well, there's already been a TP HD for the WII U so I don't know about a remake of TP for the Switch.

SS doesn't need to be remastered. It's too crappy to be remastered.

I don't like Navi, so I don't want a game about her.

I can't say anything about the other games though, since I haven't played them. I did play a demo of Four Swords and I didn't really like it.

Well, there's already been a TP HD for the WII U so I don't know about a remake of TP for the Switch.

SS doesn't need to be remastered. It's too crappy to be remastered.

I don't like Navi, so I don't want a game about her.

I can't say anything about the other games though, since I haven't played them. I did play a demo of Four Swords and I didn't really like it.

Navi Trackers isnt about Navi. If you remember Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube, the Japanese/Korean version of that game also included Navi Trackers, which was originally going to be a seperate game called Tetra's Trackers, but they decided to not make it a standalone title and change the name.

Quin

Disaster Master
The only one in the list I feel could actually use a re-release is FSA. Its a pain trying to set it up. On console and on Dolphin. Tetra trackers with it as bonus would be really nice.
Not sure how they would make it work on switch, Everyone needing a switch would be just as bad.

Navi Trackers isnt about Navi. If you remember Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube, the Japanese/Korean version of that game also included Navi Trackers, which was originally going to be a seperate game called Tetra's Trackers, but they decided to not make it a standalone title and change the name.

Well, I haven't heard of Navi Trackers.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I wish they would localize or make a new Tetris Tractors ;) (Tetra's Treasure Trackers/Navi Trackers) watching them play it during the marathon makes me wish I could play it.

The only one in the list I feel could actually use a re-release is FSA. Its a pain trying to set it up. On console and on Dolphin. Tetra trackers with it as bonus would be really nice.
Not sure how they would make it work on switch, Everyone needing a switch would be just as bad.

Well the whole point of these re-releases are so you can play it on the newest console, so they would obviously make it for the switch OR the Nintendo 3DS. The 3DS today is capable of playing a game like this, just look at Hyrule Warriors Legends, OoT 3d and MM3D. Graphics wont be the issue.

As for the gameplay, the original game had a scoreboard of some sort with Tetra and the map on the TV with the player your controlling on your Gameboy advances.

Perhaps they can make it so when youre playing the game on the Switch, wether your connected to the TV or portable, you can have the option of switching on/off the additional screen with Tetra and the map by pressing L and R or ZL and ZR at the same time. I say this because the Gameboy Advance only had the Z and L buttons, so adding that function wont negatively effect the original controls.

It would work very well for the 3DS as well, but instead of pressing two back buttons at the same time, they can just have the additional screen on the bottom screen. For playing FSA, that bottom screen can be used for the main menu and whatnot.

Not only have I always wanted to play the actual sequal / mini game of WindWaker (Navi/Tetras Trackers), but I loved FSA and would love to play it again without having to re purchase a Gamecube!

I would be pretty happy if they did this:

Skyward Sword HD on the Switch
Four Swords Adventures + with Tetras Trackers and the side game of FSA (Shadow Battle) for the 3DS
The Minish Cap released on the 3DS e-shop
Tingle Games on 3DS e-shop
And I wouldnt mind a re-release of Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD on Switch, maybe on the e-shop as well.

What we dont need is another release of OoT or MM.

Last edited:
I think we'll definitely get Skyward Sword HD for the game's 10th anniversary in 2021.

I was originally thinking we would also get Ocarina of Time HD and Majora's Mask HD for their 20th anniversaries, but I'm not as sure anymore. Nintendo might save those remakes for their 25th anniversaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom