• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Possible Inspiration?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I know it's a long shot but it actually fits pretty well. It would at least be ready to follow the train of thought down this path.

Joshua 14:12 Now then, give me this hill country about which the Lord spoke on that day, for you heard on that day that Anakim were there, with great fortified cities; perhaps the Lord will be with me, and I will [a]drive them out just as the Lord has spoken.”

So there were Anakim on the mountain. Which mountain was it? We find out a bit earlier.

Joshua 11:21 Then Joshua came at that time and cut off the Anakim from the hill country, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab and from all the hill country of Judah and from all the hill country of Israel. Joshua utterly destroyed them with their cities.

The largest city in the hills was Hebron, wherein lived the Anakim. Who were the Anakim?

Deuteronomy 9:2 ...a people who are great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you know and of whom you have heard it said, ‘Who can stand against the sons of Anak?’

Giants. Giants that lived in the hills of Hebron. Now in A Link to the Past, where Hinox was introduced, they showed up in large numbers in the Death Mountain Foothills. What was the light world counterpart to Death Mountain called? Hebra.

Now this is a tenuous link but it demonstrates that tenuous link at the beginning of Hinox and Hebra. The real connection comes in Four Swords Adventures (yeah, you knew ol' HH was going to drag FSA into this somehow). In FSA, there is an area called Hebra's Hill. I know that nobody has played this gem of a game so I'll ask you and answer for you as well. What does Hebra's Hill (which is nestled in the foothills of Death Mountain) look like in-game?

.hqdefault.jpg
6oqh54.jpg

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Lol I read the Bible rather frequently, and every time I come across a mention of Hebron my brain screams "HEBRA MOUNTAIN REGION???". Did not notice the thing with the giants, though. I find a lot of videos and articles discussing how the inspiration for things in Japanese folklore and Shintoism. I wonder if there are many things connecting to other religions.

I don't know if it's entirely a coincidence. It's well known that the early games drew heavy inspiration from Christianity. I wouldn't be surprised if they still do.

Hebura isn't a Japanese word, Hebure means Hebrew, Heburi means "how long ago," Heburo means bath, Heburu also means Hebrew. Idk if this has anything to do with this at all, but I find it interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom