• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Possible Easter Egg: Map in Impa's House

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
So I just beat Dodongo's cavern, got the spin attack from the fairy (which BTW
looks very close to the original and I'm glad they didn't change her a lot
), flew back from the mountain with the owl, got the heart piece in Impa's house and then decided to take a look inside the main part of the house too, when I came across this:

Zwischenablage01.jpg

(sorry for the very bad image quality, but I don't know how to make a real screenshot on the 3DS, if anyone knows please let me now so I can update the image)

Was it there already in the N64 version (I can't remember right know)? Could this possibly be a map of Skyloft? Or is it just Hyrule, with the field in the middle and Lon Lon ranch? But then, what do the various Triforce symbols and "X"s mean? Any thoughts?

Oh, there's lots of other similar stuff in the house and inside the game!

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
No, that is one of the many new easter eggs in OoT3D and it is a map of hyrule as it is in OoT.

I can't quite tell because of your low picture quality. Just because you can't take a good screenshot doesn't mean it has to be thumbnail sized. ;)
I would guess that the top X is supposed to be Hyrule Castle, the left is Gerudo's Fortress, and the bottom is Kokiri forest. I can only see one triforce in the screenie and it is approximately where the Temple of Time is, which would make sense.

If you make a bigger picture I'm sure we'll be able to tell you more.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hi, with the "triforces" I also meant the smaller single triangles throughout the map.
I didn't upload the picture in better resolution because the 3DS has just 320x240 and the map is only in the upper left quarter of the 3DS screen because you can't zoom in when you're inside a house so I thought using the full 14MP picture doesn't make sense, but here you go:
S1680001.jpg

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Yeah, that's much clearer (read: bigger), so thanks much for that! :)

Hmm, now I see those triangles you're talking about and I'm confused too. xD
One appears to be in Zora's Domain, one in the direction of Goron City, one near the Gerudo Fortress, and one near the Lake Hylia. Hmm....
Then there's one in what would be the moat around Castle Town (where you get the OoT?) and one in Lon Lon Ranch (Epona?).
Looking more closely, the last X looks more farther out, like the spirit temple.

Also, 3 questions.
1: Above the triangle by Lake Hylia, is that another triangle, an X, or just part of the landscape?
2: The sword... is it 3D'd like it's stabbed into the map or just like part of the art on the map?
3: In the bottom right of the large picture... is that... Super-Cow!?

lol, this is turning out more interesting that I anticipated.
Thanks for posting. :)

maybe, just maybe this easter egg map. is a map to other easter eggs. we know that there is one in the gerudo fortress. just a thought

Also, 3 questions.
1: Above the triangle by Lake Hylia, is that another triangle, an X, or just part of the landscape?
2: The sword... is it 3D'd like it's stabbed into the map or just like part of the art on the map?
3: In the bottom right of the large picture... is that... Super-Cow!?

1. Don't quite get what you mean, the closes thing "above" lake hylia I see would be lon lon ranch, but I don't think you mean that, so I'd say part of the landscape.
2. Will check that when I finish cooking.
3. The whole house is full of pictures that hint you how to do certain things. In this case, the picture shows that you should throw a bomb into the vase in goron village.
spoiler for my notes on all images:
in impa's house in kakariko are a lot of hint signs, for the use of the iron hammer, the iron boots, that you can bottle a fairy, that crystal switches open bars, arrow through fire, hyrule map with markers that don't quite make sense, where to get the slingshot ammo upgrade in the lost woods, that you can bottle blue fire, to feed jabu jabu a fish, how to use mirror shield, ocarina opens door of time, bomb into pot in goron village and some I can't quite make sense of.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I've also seen this strange map yesterday when I arrived the first time at Impa's house in Kakariko village. Wonder if this is really "just" a map for Easter Eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom