• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Possibility of a Twilight Princess Game.

Since the mirror of twilight is gone for good in child timeline what about the other two timelines? The mirror wasn't destroyed in the other two. What do you think.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think the MoT is even part of those two timelines' mythos ya dig. ;)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I actually made a thread very similar to this in the theory section a while back and it's very plausible. The sealing if the Interlopers happened "before" the events of Ocarina of Time and more importantly before the split. So yes it could theoretically exist on the other Timelines and maybe even before OoT.

I would love to see the Twili again however I feel they deserve some sort of continuity, having a game based around them on a separate Timeline would mean that they wouldn't relate to the events within Twilight Princess. I think a more plausible game would be a prequel of sorts, maybe an origin story based around the Interlopers, all if this accounts to some sort of continuity, which is key if a Zelda game were to explore their race once again.

Last edited:

jack546

The chosen one
That would be interesting to see an alternate twilight realm that Zant never took over because Gannon was never there to give him the power to.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I actually made a thread very similar to this in the theory section a while back and it's very plausible. The sealing if the Interlopers happened "beifre" the events of Ocarina of Time and more importantly before the split. So yes it could theoretically exist on the other Timelines and maybe even before OoT.

I would love to see the Twili again however I feel they deserve some sort of continuity, having a game based around them on a separate Timeline would mean that they wouldn't relate to the events within Twilight Princess. I think a more plausible game would be a prequel of sorts, maybe an origin story based around the Interlopers, all if this accounts to some sort of continuity, which is key if a Zelda game were to explore their race once again.

This, exactly. Aside from TMC, Twilight Princess is one of the few games in the series that I think is deserving of a prequel. I would love to have more explanation as to why/how the dark interlopers evolved into the Twili. I love the Twilight Realm, and the Twili as a race in general, so I would love to see them in a future game.

When you think about it, Nintendo's done a sequel/prequel to every Zelda game except Twilight Princess and, so far, Skyward Sword. That they would deviate from this formula for so long is a bit strange.

Zelda Wii U could, of course, be the next installment in any one line of Zelda games - A Link to the Past is receiving its own direct sequel on the 3DS, proving Nintendo can go back and revive older Zelda games. I don't think Twilight Princess particularly "needs" a sequel/prequel, but it would rather nicely wrap up or polish some elements, such as:

#1: The supporting cast. Wasn't Ilia supposed to be Link's love interest? Was it really so significant that Colin overcame his one vague quote of not liking swords and took up a weapon? Who took over Malo Mart when Malo went back home? (Chudley?) All these characters appeared and acted important at the time, but then little came of them - unfortunately, a recurring problem in Zelda. A sequel could give these characters the spotlight they deserve.

#2: Why the Mirror of Twilight is still intact. Spoiler alert, the ending of Twilight Princess makes traveling to the Twilight Realm kind of impossible, yet the Mirror of Twilight is apparently still there as the Dark Mirror in Four Swords Adventures, chronologically the next game to take place on that timeline. 'Splain, Nintendo.

#3: Link's wolf form. Novel as the idea was, it wasn't fleshed out much in Twilight Princess. Human Link gets all kinds of new techniques and weapons, yet Wolf Link is clearly reduced to a weaker and occasionally necessary sideshow. I'm not saying we need to see Wolf Link again, but it would be kind of nice to see a Wolf Link on par with his human side, eh?

Not to mention I enjoy Twilight Princess's darker atmosphere anyway, so it'd be nice to return. Whether Zelda Wii U will be that sequel/prequel is hard to say, but E3 is right around the bend. I hope we find out soon.

I kind of doubt Nintendo would bring the Twilight Realm back in one the Adult or Decline timelines. There's little point in them telling what would likely amount to the same story again, and having the mirror make another appearance would likely confuse fans who aren't aware of the split timeline. Nintendo also usually prefers to bring new ideas to the table for its Zelda games, rather than reuse previous mechanics.

Because of this, I highly doubt we'll ever see TP's wolf feature return, for instance. It was far too novel an idea for Nintendo to bring it back in another game without it losing its unique appeal. It's one those one-off exclusive features, like the Majora's Mask's transformations, and the Wind Waker baton. If you have it crop up in another game, people will accuse it of being unoriginal.

With that said, a sequel set after Twilight Princess is an almost definite possibility. I highly doubt Nintendo would neglect an entire branch of their timeline forever. Twilight Princess also ended with plenty of open opportunity to expand on its version of Hyrule. We'll just have to wait and see if this is done in a direct sequel featuring the same characters, or one that takes place hundreds latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom