• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Possibility for Downloadable Skyward Sword Demo in Wii Shop Channel

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Dude, that it a really good idea! I never thought about it before. That would be epic if it happened, and if it happened, hopefully it would be free.

Hi Nintendo,

When Miyamoto said he really wanted to let people have a feel for the new Zelda Skyward Sword and its technology, but only could on the E3 show floor and other small limited events, wouldn't it be great to spread the demo via Wii Shop Channel? I know I certainly would buy the demo to try it out, and I would tell everyone how amazing it really is, as a personal influence I would probably get them more excited about it then a press review.

Myself and so many others are dying to try this new technology and would gladly put in the money to do so, as well as tell the community how it really works and feels. The demo is already complete and it wouldn't cost much on your behalf. Even if it were for a limited time offer, so the buzz would already be there and it wouldn't affect sales for the game when it came out.

I'm hoping you understand my proposition, it would be a wise move for Nindendo, as well as it would make many fans satisfied until the release.

Sincerely
-Justin S.

This is what I said.

You know, if this worked, I'd be so happy. But it probably won't. Oh well. Still people, try!

I got this in reply.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Hello Justin,

[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Every so often we hear from consumers who want Nintendo to publish demos of upcoming games. I can understand the desire to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; players like you are excited about what's on the horizon and are eager to experience it, even if only for a few minutes. Nintendo understands this, and it is for this reason that we make sure that stores that sell our products have kiosks for all our systems set up where players may try out or view trailers for a variety of different games.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Having said that, there are currently no plans to release a demo version of the latest The Legend of Zelda installment through the Wii Shop Channel or store kiosks. I will make sure that your feedback is forwarded to our departments who make these decisions.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Nintendo's latest innovation for getting demos to the player is the DS Download Station, now available in thousands of stores across the United States and Canada. Bring in your DS and download from a list of available demos that you can take anywhere with you as long as the system remains on. Try as many as you like, but you may only try one at a time. For more details, please check out the official DS Download Station website! [/FONT]
[/FONT]

It looks like a mix of answers you all got. But the more people that ask for it, the more Nintendo might consider it. The people replying don't have the authority to do so but our feedback is going to headquarters. So, I think we should keep asking about it.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Some of these email replies seem scripted to a certain extent. lol maybe its just me.

The only thing I have to say is what if the sold it in a package. Like they did the demo for Wind Waker with the special legend of Zelda thing for the GC. That could ba a possibility. Maybe Im asking too much hah.

B

batlleonlol

i think they skyward sword creators should be discusing about a demo not we i think this discusion doesnt lead aniwhere

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Wii Shop Channel

Yesterday somebody posted a thread on making SS a DLC demo in Wii Shop. I sent and E-Mail, and we might as well get our hopes up. Here's what I got back from Nintendo:
"
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your interest in seeing a demo of Skyward Sword in the Wii Shop Channel. I can certainly understand your thoughts on this matter and want you to know how much we appreciate you sending them in. I also want to assure you that your comments will be made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,

Dervin Camden
Nintendo of America Inc.
"

What do you think? If you haven't already, send a message asking for SS DLC to Nintendo NOW.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
I hope they actually are thinking about this. I also hope the demo will be free and won't require Wii Motion Plus, because I don't have it yet (I guess I could borrow one from a friend...).

Random thing that doesn't have to do with most things: 100th Post!!!

I think it'd be a good idea as well, but I can't see Nintendo doing it in the near future for the Wii, it seems a bit too complicated. Maybe the next home console.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
well... wouldn't skyward sword lose its value then? people would already know what to expext... i dont think it will happen

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
i guess ur right FierceDiety, but isn't Miyamoto and Aounuma really "hush hush, im-not-telling-u-lots-of-info-only-little-bits"? they've been like that. plus theres no new news on skyward sword what the flan?!!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom