• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Popular Things You Never Got Into

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
First of all, I was inspired by @Spirit's gaming franchise thread, so credit to you for this idea tbh.

So, what franchises have you guys never gotten into, like movies, tv, literary, music etc etc?

I have a fair few which I'll never understand.

1. Twilight. I read it, and I saw the first three movies, at everyones insistence. Bear in mind I went to an all girls school so Twilight was big there. It's not that I didn't enjoy the story itself, because I did enough to finish the books, but I never got hugely into the series and honestly, I hate the way it's written, plus the movies are ****.
  2. Star Wars. I saw the first one (the real first one not the prequels) and.... I mean it's a good film, obviously, but I never got super into it like, seemingly, everyone else on the goddamn planet.
  3. Star Trek. My brother used to put this on every sunday afternoon and it ruined my childhood. I honestly can't think of a single show more boring, personally.
  4. Breaking Bad. Never seen it, never going to watch it, any appeal it had was destroyed for me by the constant harassment to watch it.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I have also read and watched the Twilight series and seriously don't worry about the last films there as bad as the book is.
I watched the first series of the walking dead and thought it quite repeatative so never carried it on.
Agree with breaking bad I have no intention of ever watching it either.
I also agree that if people hassle me to watch/do something I will deliberatly not do it just for stubborness' sake.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Cant say I ever really got into the Dragon ball Z anime. I like some of the games and characters. I have even seen a few episodes of the show but I find it is actually some of the most boring **** and that watching paint dry is a more entertaining way to spend ones time. I don't get why people love the DBZ anime so much.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Cant say I ever really got into the Dragon ball Z anime. I like some of the games and characters. I have even seen a few episodes of the show but I find it is actually some of the most boring **** and that watching paint dry is a more entertaining way to spend ones time. I don't get why people love the DBZ anime so much.

Yeah, I never got it either. I've seen a few episodes of it and found it boring even when I was a kid.

any modern Superhero series/film

I didn't even think to mention in my original post about this, but I'm really not into the superhero stuff. I like the original X-Men movies and I saw Deadpool, and I used to watch the cartoons and read the DC comics sometimes when I was a kid, but I definitely don't rush out everytime they release a movie. I'm not into Marvel stuff at all. The entire superhero genre to me is just kind of meh. I feel like the appeal it has for some people is the fact it showcases geeky ordinary people with secret abilities/talents that make them more exciting. I get it. The reason I like vampire stuff (not Twilight), Harry Potter and other fantasy and magic universes is because I like the escapism that there is something exciting/supernatural about the world we live in, that it's not this mundane, so I do get the appeal. But I just find that basically, every superhero movie is the same. I think I liked Batman the most literally because he doesn't have superpowers.

Star wars, star trek, dragonball, bleach, naruto, breaking bad, the flash, arrow, harry potter, twilight, most super hero comics aside from anything Zatanna <3

Mostly i didnt get into these things because they didnt appeal to me.

How i met your mother until recently when i marathoned all 9 seasons.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The walking dead - I just can't get myself into it. I watched one season and a half but I just didn't get the vibe. I don't even feel the need to watch it any further. I'm so not interested in it.
Most comic book based shows.
GoT - Also a show I care zero about. Never felt the urge to watch it.
Star Trek - I tried it. Several times but it is just not my style.
Star Wars - I watched all movies but can't get the hype about it.
Anime in general. I just don't care about it.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Breaking bad, Twilight, all anime, the walking dead, Silly Bandz (2010 I believe), Instagram, snapchat, Facebook, Halo, Portal, and Mario are just a few.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
twilight movies, and pokemon cards, smart phones, I have one but its only for texting family....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom