• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Popular Things You Find Unnecessary or Don't 'Get'

tiktok

I see people doing weird stuff just to gain popularity. I see complete idiocy shown in news channels. Is popularity more important than life?
Yes people even risk their lives for this

Giri, maybe you're right on that one, but if you will see the graphics of active users per month you will see how TikTok becomes one of the most popular social networks on the web. Why is that? Because people love to upload such videos and to watch them as well. They love such promotion of themselves and every they will use every source for making them more popular, in comparison with all others.

MW7

I don't get vaping at all. I struggle with the concept of inhaling anything to be honest, but vaping is newer so I know less about it and don't understand how it could become popular.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
totally agree. I once wanted a phone last year because EVERYONE i knew had one, and I just felt left out. But I decided I didn't want to be addicted to a phone, plus I couldn't get one anyway. The tablet I am using isn't even mine, it's my mom's. A phone is basically used to call someone, and little kids under the age of 10 don't really need to call anybody. I have a calling app on here, so I don't really need a phone anyway, but I just use it in case of emergencies when I need to contact mom.

I only use technology to connect with you guys and watch youtube when I feel like it. I also use it to listen to music when I draw, but that's mostly it. Kids don't really need one, heck, I don't even need this tablet, but I'm going to keep using it cause you're my friends, and I like talking to you guys.

I'm also going to make a patreon this year sometime to start making money off my art. But 2 yr olds definitely don't need their own personal phone, like, what?!
Personally, I think for a lot of people before a certain age, the right move is to get them a lower feature flip phone so that they are able to call and text (so they can stay in touch with friends and reach out for help in an emergency).

Not being able to escape into the internet 100% the time is probably healthier for a developing mind.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Spending hundreds on mobile games a month. I just don't get whaling, I feel like they are whats' ruining the video game industry.

The only form of DLC I am ok with is an after thought or idea that came after the game has launched and adds to the story. Like what Game Freak is about to do with Pokemon, so thankful they aren't forcing us to spend another $60 to get an updated version now that their games cost that much. Nintendo in general has been pretty good with this with the exception of the mobile games.

Poop Toys-They're just plain gross. Idc what color they are, or whose rear they're "coming out of." (Lookin at you sparkly unicorn turds) I just don't get them, and if I were a kid today, I'd still think the same thing.

Game of Thrones-My boyfriend loves it. I think its boring.

Funko Pops-I hate these things with a bleeding, purple passion. They're ugly and creepy and everywhere.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
postin happy birthday or whatever on facebook to someone vho isnt even on facebook... im just like why?? kids not even old enough for a fb thing.....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To me it's that ****ing mobile phone. It's annoying to see how everybody uses it while driving, cycling and even during diner and time with friends/family. It's just not fun anymore. Do you really need to use that phone like 24/7? Is it so important to see what you missed during the 10 sec you've been away from social media? I need to take my phone with me because of work. When I start my delivery round I have to activate the app ( to start the time, scan packages) and deactivate it when I'm done. But I don't really use my phone other than just taking pictures and to call or text when it's important.

Social Media is also something I can live without. I don't really care about it. It's loaded with fake news and stupid chain messages. Only true friends copy and paste this on their own timeline bull****. Or that annoying begging for likes. Posting pictures of an animal or kid and then post something like "I bet I don't even get 1 like" on it. Begging for more likes :dry:

Reality TV. I don't need to know who person A is dating, where person B is sleeping, what person C is eating and how many times person D spends on the toilets while person E-Z are arguing and fighting. I never cared about this **** and never will

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Most tv shows facebooks feeds are people tagging others or repeating what 100 others have said....
The obsession with selfies and the idiotic ways that people take them. Since when has simply smiling ever been a bad thing? Instead, most teens and adults have to take them with the phone at weird angles, while making the strangest looking faces and posing in uncomfortable ways. Not to mention how people have gotten themselves killed trying to take selfies in dangerous places.
im SO not good with pics i cant smile properly...

Social Media is also something I can live without. I don't really care about it. It's loaded with fake news and stupid chain messages. Only true friends copy and paste this on their own timeline bull****. Or that annoying begging for likes. Posting pictures of an animal or kid and then post something like "I bet I don't even get 1 like" on it. Begging for more likes

Zelda Dungeon is social media, is it not? There's status updates, likes, stupid games, etc. People even post pictures of themselves, their kids, and their pets.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Fortnite's popularity (and shooter games in general). There's a huge variety of games out there to play and for me, I would always prefer something other than a game where the focus is on shooting other people all the time. It's too stressful for me personally.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Zelda Dungeon is social media, is it not? There's status updates, likes, stupid games, etc. People even post pictures of themselves, their kids, and their pets.
These are forums and there are topics created to do that kind of things. But it's not the same as it is with facebook, twitter and stuff like that. You log on to the forums and you just see the topics but you don't see tons of advertizements, stories and stuff like that going all over your page. so it's different. Plus ZD is family :D

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't get vaping at all. I struggle with the concept of inhaling anything to be honest, but vaping is newer so I know less about it and don't understand how it could become popular.
It's all about them sick clouds bruh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom