• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Popular Things You Dislike

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Wind Wakers art style: This is something I do not like at all, and rarely speak of due to the fact that I can't say anything particularly nice about it. I find the colouring to be uninteresting, with huge amounts of solid colour used making the great sea and other large objects look very bland and boring indeed. Ganons abnormally large nose is hardly even visible at certain angles because of the way the game is shaded! I like more detailed textures in my games. I am not against cell shading, in Borderlands I absolutely love it and if Zelda ever went back to cell shading it should take a leaf out of Borderlands's book. I also hate the proportions and faces of most of the characters in the Wind Waker, I mean what is up with links Gargantuan head? and why does the Deku tree look so...goofy? Anyway, I don't like the wind wakers art style, that's the popular thing I dislike.

Well, here are some things I dislike that are praised by most fans of the franchise:

1. Skyward Sword's Artstyle

Given the constraints of the Wii hardware, I understand why Nintendo took this stylistic approach in Wii's first exclusive Zelda title. however, I never particularly fell in love with it. Just as others dislike The Wind Waker's art style, Skyward Sword's is not my cup of tea. While I do agree that it functions to manifest character emotion more vividly, I could never take the darker moments of the game seriously since they lacked the fitting color tone-like in Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess-to make them truly poignant.

2. Link's Awakening

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is popularly acclaimed as the best handheld Zelda game of all time. My thoughts are the exact opposite and I rank it as one of the worst installments in the franchise. I actually made a thread regarding the topic not long ago. If you require my more detailed thought, click the link, however, to keep it succinct here: The story was dull and uninteresting, the exploration aspect was more confined than the NES original, and the dungeon design and graphics suffered due to hardware restraints.

octorok74

TETTAC
I agree with the people here on the Navi hate. She wasn't annoying and at least she got my attention. I didn't know Tatl was with me for nearly all of MM, because she only dings. Navi was like "Hey, Link. I'm still here and here is a vague tip on how to beat this boss, but I know you're smart enough to kill it." I was like, thanks Navi.

My other dislike is the upgrade systems from PH, ST, and Skyward Sword. I don't see why I need to find little trinkets to upgrade my items. I liked the way the upgrades looked, but let me buy them. I have so many rupees, I give you all of them for the last upgrade just don't make me search for one specific item.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I disliked sailing in WW. I think many others did too though. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else. I <3 most things about Zelda.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Didnt like Majora's mask

Liked Navi

didn't like the motion controls or the 6 heart start in SS

Hating on Four Swords Adventures: Its not the best Zelda game, that's for sure. But if you give it the time to grow on you, its a lot of fun

Skyward Sword's Overworld: I liked Skyward Sword a lot, but I think its been way to hyped up. I don't think its the best Zelda game, and part of that for me was its overworld. I like the open feeling of the typical Zelda overworld, and despite enjoying the puzzle/dungeon-like overworld of Skyward Sword, the game felt too cramped for me at times, and sometimes it was hard to get from one spot to another because of the abnormal structure of the world. the fact that the overworld was in three unconnected chunks was also obnoxious for me.

Adventure of Link Hate: Adventure of Link, given time, and I mean, a LOT of time and patience...more patience than I have ever before been forced to muster...is a great game. Despite its oddities, its frustration and poor design choices, the game itself is a brilliant platformer and I still feel like the sense of satisfaction for beating the final boss without cheating is unequaled in Zelda.

Single-Player Four Swords Hate: Maybe I'm just a greedy, paranoid, lonely gamer. I don't know. But I really, oddly, enjoyed playing both Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures alone. Maybe I just want to see everything that's going on, and I have this paranoid view of exploration that forces me to check every corner of the map. But whatever the reason, I really enjoy playing both games alone. Don't get me wrong, multiplayer is loads of fun too, and of course has its advantages. But I totally disagree with people who say its boring in single-player or ruins the experience.

I didnt like the big sword in ocarina of time, i dont know just never felt comfortable with it, all my friends would always use it after they got it.

ocarina of time:
everyone goes around saying how it was the best game of the series.
how it pretty much spells out "zelda".
honestly, even when I was younger it didn't appeal to me as much as MM.
while MM confused me at times with the whole 72 hours, OoT just....I don't know.
I didn't really like the game play at all, and some of the areas and quests at times bored me.

All the TP hate
it seems like everyone jumps on the bandwagon to criticize it.
well sure, it does deserve some. for instance, the overall story wasn't great at times.
however, I absolutely love the music.
the dungeons were well put together and required me to fight & solve puzzles.
the overworld was beautiful, and I honestly liked the dark tone they used overall.

Fi:
ever since SS came out everyone thought Fi was by far the best sidekick to date it seemed.
I find her annoying. especially with all her statistics.
she sounds like my math teacher.
and there were only a couple different times she didn't tell me something completely useless.
I liked Navi a hell of a lot more.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I've heard quite a few people say how the soundtrack to SS was great because it was orchestrated and I like the fact that it was orchestrated except the actual music itself kinda sucked. All the tunes were incredibly annoying especially the theme for the overworld in the sky.

I also found most of the soundtracks to MM and OoT even more annoying than SS except for a couple really good ones like the Lost Woods theme and the Oath to Order.

I also hear people say that Fi is great and nowhere near as annoying as some of the other companions like Navi. At least when it came to Navi, all you'd get was a "Hey, listen," and then you had a choice whether to actually press the button or not but with Fi, there's a whole ton of cutscenes that you can't skip (unless you're in hero mode) where she spends at least 60 seconds telling you something that should take 2 and that you've already figured out hours earlier anyway.

A

Anon

For me it's Wind Waker. I greatly dislike the graphics. And maybe it's because of the graphics, but I have a really hard time of getting into the game. I'm not drawn in to the game at all. Also, I hate the sailing.

MW7

I've heard quite a few people say how the soundtrack to SS was great because it was orchestrated and I like the fact that it was orchestrated except the actual music itself kinda sucked. All the tunes were incredibly annoying especially the theme for the overworld in the sky.

I also found most of the soundtracks to MM and OoT even more annoying than SS except for a couple really good ones like the Lost Woods theme and the Oath to Order.

I also hear people say that Fi is great and nowhere near as annoying as some of the other companions like Navi. At least when it came to Navi, all you'd get was a "Hey, listen," and then you had a choice whether to actually press the button or not but with Fi, there's a whole ton of cutscenes that you can't skip (unless you're in hero mode) where she spends at least 60 seconds telling you something that should take 2 and that you've already figured out hours earlier anyway.
Yeah I agree that Skyward Sword may have had the best performed music but that doesn't make up for the quality of the composition. I'd much rather listen to songs from Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Outside of Gerudo Valley's theme I agree about OOT's soundtrack, but for some reason Majora's Mask is one of my favorites. Also I agree that Fi is worse than Navi.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ocarina of time
its bland and generic,i didn't find a lot that was so special about it
im convinced ocarina of time is the most overrated game in history,'best game of all time'?,playing it today it hasn't aged well and i played plenty of games that i enjoyed way more than ocarina of time;i don't think its bad at all,i just think the other 3d zelda games are better,even minish cap

gerudo valley theme
first time i heard it i was just.....ugh,anytime the song comes on,i always mute the tv

skyward sword
its a good game but i was pretty disappointed by it....it was still better than ocarina

lakebed temple
this temple makes me wanna set something [or someone] on fire

tingle hate
as far as my knowledge goes,the reason people hate tingle is b/c of the 398 rupees he charges you make the triforce maps readable in wind waker,while i do agree thats freakin outragous,i don't see much else reason to hate him aside.......ok,nevermid

magic armor [tp]
what bothers me isn't really so much on the rupees having to be depleted in order for it to protect you,i can understand that,but its HOW FAST they go down is the problem!

timeline's 3rd split
......why?why not just put it after twilight princess,its more buyable than n64 link getting defeated

Last edited:
Skyward Sword
Something bugged me about link's face. I know, it's stupid, but it's not even so much the expressions that bothered me. Of course, Link having a funny face doesn't ruin the game for me by any means, it's just a minor annoyance.

And then we have the soundtrack... I've played a few games with orchestrated soundtracks and have heard some amazing, breathtaking scores. So that's not what bothers me about Skyward Sword. I just found the music to be very bland and unmemorable save for a couple of songs.

Ocarina of Time
I don't like it. And by that, I mean that I don't like playing it. I seriously just do not enjoy playing the game. But, I do actually like watching other people play it. I like the story aspect of it. I just don't have fun when I actually play it.

Twilight Princess
Even though it's my favorite game, there are some things that still drive me nuts about it. POES! Seriously, man. You get a bottle of fairy tears for handing in 20 souls, and when you reach 60, all you really get is money. Sure, you can go back and get more money any time, but you still have to leave castle town, and go back, and at that point in the game I never even need the silver rupees.

Wind Waker
I hate using the bow in the TWW. The only Zelda game I liked using the bow in was Twilight Princess (Wii version), because for me it's just a lot easier to see what I'm doing, and I feel like I have a lot more control over the bow in that game than the other games. The pointer is annoying for aiming, but if you turn it off, it makes it so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom