• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pony General Thread

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I performed a search for a thread like this, and nothing turned up, so I decided to go ahead and make one.

This thread is simply for the open discussion of the cartoon My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, along with posting any pics you may find that are worth posting elsewhere (however, no Rule 34 or pics depicting any language not tolerated on this forum). Just pull up a chair, the muffins are on the table by the window, and have fun talking about the show with the rest of us who may be here.

The rules of this thread are simple.

1. Obey all preexisting forum rules. That one's pretty much a given.
2. No flaming or hating allowed. Seriously. Our motto is "Love and Tolerate." If a hater shows up, let him get banned and go about your daily lives. I highly doubt a hater will turn up here, but it helps to be prepared in case they do. They pop up in the most unexpected places sometimes.
3. Video posting is encouraged. Please share any and all awesome PMVs (Pony Music/Media Videos) you may find during your searches through the bowels of the YouTube Dungeon, on a mission to find the Perfect YouTube Video.
4. Derpy is, and always will be, best pony. No exceptions.
5. Luna is, and always will be the cutest pony and best alicorn ever. No exceptions.
6. Rainbow Dash is and always will be 20% cooler than anything that ever exists. No exceptions.
7. Anyone who disobeys any of the above rules will be subject to extreme cases of love and tolerance, and they may possibly die of a diabetes-induced heart attack caused by the sheer amount of cute pics people will upload.
8. Have fun! Isn't that the point of a forum?

Without further ado, how is everypony doing this fine day?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, I keep waiting for someone else to post and begin a conversation, but I guess there aren't enough bronies here. I'm jumping in. I am a Pegasister – maybe not as obsessed about the show as some people, but enough that I think I'll be able to keep up with the conversation. ^^ I'm fine. How are you?

...And I agree one hundred percent with all of the rules. (Well, maybe not Derpy, depending on the case, but–)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The reason I think Derpy is best pony is simply because she is a symbol of everything we as a fandom stand for. We took the character that has been around since the beginning, we gave her a name, we gave her a personality, and she got so popular that Studio B took notice, and they started to like her too.

So, you can imagine what most bronies would do if she never ever made another reappearance.

The My Little Pony Friendship is Magic program isn't one I watch regularly however I have caught snippets of it and actually appreciate it very much. In fact my Skype avatar is the entire pony gang assembled! Personally I find this show to be very refreshing and although morals and character development are limited to single episodes, it's refreshing to gain further insight into the human state through animal personas. In fact the show is reminiscent of the poems written by Ignacy Krasicki who criticized various facets of society through his works.

My favorite pony is Fluttershy. Even though she occasionally loses her temper I feel as though she's so lovable and caring. Her timidity also reminds me of my younger days although much of that has shed over the years. Pinkie Pie is also an interesting case. She always appears to be thinking on the bright side and wishing to cheer others up when they are feeling down.

As for the soundtrack and especial moments, I absolutely adore each song which centers on a specific pony. The Find a Pet and Art of a Dress songs come to mind. The Flim Flam Brothers Song was also superb. It was a succinct lesson on the principles of microeconomics. I'll add more if I think of other favorites but that's it for now.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
That's a good point. ^^ It's very entertaining to search for Derpy every episode. And, besides, I love Derpy to death. My sister would completely agree with you on that fact: she dressed up as Derpy for Halloween, actually. (Homemade fail cosplay FTW!)

Found a relevant video. Possibly my favorite pony video; I've been subscribed to the guys who have made it for a long time, and I was just overcome with happiness when they made this. A lot of people have probably seen it before, but I'll post it anyway. (And it's written to the tune of This Day Aria, which is my favorite song next to Winter Wrap Up... It gets stuck in my head every time I hear it. XD)

[video=youtube;KUdiCqDVUxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdiCqDVUxI[/video]

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There is actually a thread about this called Bronies. But I leave this topic open for now. In the recent past we had a couple of flame wars going on about this topic. So I hope people will keep it civil and play nice

Rytex

Resident Netizen
There is actually a thread about this called Bronies. But I leave this topic open for now. In the recent past we had a couple of flame wars going on about this topic. So I hope people will keep it civil and play nice

Yeah, and I've replied to the thread about bronies. However, this thread isn't about bronies. It's for bronies, and it's about the show itself. It's for us to openly discuss the cartoon, the fandom, what we like about it, what we don't like about it, etc. That's something I took into account when I made this thread.

I took the idea from Know Your Meme, where they have a thread where people can discuss the show without worrying about turning any other threads into pony threads, and if someone tries to, you simply redirect them to the Pony General. I feel the same principle could work here, but considering that it doesn't happen much, I don't think this will be nearly as successful as theirs was. But it helps to be prepared, and this way, all of us bronies can come and talk about the fandom without doing so on the other threads.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Yeah. Just about all types of pony art I like.

The main exception is when someone decides to be a bit too generous with the erm... assets, if you know what I mean, on everypony when anthro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom