• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: What Was Your Favorite OoT Boss

What was your Favorite OoT Boss?

• Gohma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King Dodongo

• Barinade

• Phantom Ganon

• Volvagia

• Dark Link

• Morpha

• Bongo Bongo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Twinrova

• Ganon/Ganondorf

• Total voters

OotLord1003

Young Link
Phantom Ganon, My favorite, and the most challenging.
I also like Dark Link and how you did not know how to first kill him.
Also because I like phantom Ganon, I also liked GanonDORF, not ganon to much.
To me, Ganon was VERY easy.

my favorite was dark link. it was so cool when he jumped on your sword and stabbed you. and fighting yourself is just so epic. my second is volvagia, it was a cool and classic hero vs. dragon fight. my third is the oh so epic ganon.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
My favorite whould have to be, The Subterrainian Lava Dragon: Volvagia. When I first encounterd this boss I was like WOW these graphics are awesome!!! (this was 10 years ago of course)

I think Dark Link had a lot of potential to be a great Boss, but for some reason the actual battle doesn't work for me. It's too clunky, and you're pretty much forced to either use some item that always hits him, or slashing around randomly until you land a hit. I think he could've been an EPIC sword duel, especially the way Navi's description is simply "Conquer yourself!". I just thought that was really cool! But it's kinda hyped up, really. It wasn't really a sword fight, like fighting a Stalfos. That's why I really didn't like that boss a whole lot. I'd pick Volvagia, he was pretty cool. But I always end up using the cheap trick where you just hide on the edge of the platform, which ruins the fight for me. Bongo Bongo was really cool, and Twinrova as well, I'm picking those two, since it's multiple choice. They were both really creative and interesting bosses, and I'm a sucker for Boss Transformations (Twinrova)

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I have two. :]

First would definitely be the final Ganon battle. Unlike in the games following OoT, this final battle was rather challenging in that you could not get too close without suffering a massive blow and losing a good chuck of your life. You had to find out for yourself what would be the quickest and most efficient way of attacking him because you were limited in arrows and magic and he only remained stunned for so long. Good defensive tactics and a mastery of the Z-targeting techniques were necessary in ensuring that you could quickly get away and take minimal damage, as well as quickly finding a good spot to shoot a light arrow from. Even with Z-targeting, it's still possible to miss, and like I said, you're limited in arrows and magic.

Second would be Twinrova. They were a lively bunch and I liked that they had so much personality, unlike the other bosses which were just mindless monsters. The overall strategy for defeating them seems like it would be simple, but sometimes during the first part of the battle, it's hard to deflect Kotake's attacks on to Koume since they're constantly flying around and you can only turn your shield so far. The second part of the battle was easier, I thought, but sometimes you might not have been ready for an attack and didn't absorb all three hits so you had to wait and dodge until you got a full set of the proper element into your shield.

And this isn't really a boss, but I love fighting the Iron Knuckles in OoT. Lots of back flipping, side stepping and jump attacks...Perfect fight. =)

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I personally think the OoT Dark Link battle was overrated. I didn't find it challenging or fun, it was just an overall bad remake of the AoL final boss. My favorite would have to be the Iron Knuckles. They looked so intimidating to me (and my friend, who saved and turned off the console when he saw him) , but proved to be a very fun battle. I had some great memories fighting him, like taking cover behind a pole, only to have him slash it down. Second would have to be Twinrova. I just like that whole concept of fighting the boss with their own power. (and them fighting at the end was a nice treat too. :) )

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I don't know if Dark Link should count since he's a miniboss, but I voted for him anyway. He's easy as long as you don't target him and use the hammer, but a cool concept and setting.
I also voted Ganon/dorf, Twinrova, and Gohma.

R

Rikuide

Twinrova - I loved the two sisters but I especially loved the idea that a shield was your main method of attack.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Twinrova - I loved the two sisters but I especially loved the idea that a shield was your main method of attack.

I actually just beat them! They are definitely a pain when you die, and have to start back at the entrance to the dungeon and are left with only 3 HEARTS!!
A great tip: If you need fairies, warp to the Temple of Time with a few empty bottles, go to the place with 4 gossip stones, play Zelda's Lullaby, and catch all of the fairies!

1. Ganon
2. Phantom Ganon
3. Bongo Bongo
4. Volvagia

My favorites in order from favorite to least favorite, though I love all these bosses.

Favorite Mini-Boss:
1. Dark Link, by far. He's just so fun to fight, and the fight itself, as well as the room it occurs in, is epic. The fact that the room is an illusion makes it even more epic. He's just a mini-boss, although he's arguably as tough as a regular boss.
By the way, fighting him with the Master Sword is the only way to go. Fighting Dark Link with Din's Fire or the Biggoron's Sword is for sissies!

personally, i loved phantom ganon, it was so epic! you know, but it wasn't so hard that it took the fun away. also during the forest temple, beating the poe sisters, made it all the more exciting.:nod:
also, do you feel like the forest temple should have been the 1rst temple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom