• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: Should There Be a 'Zelda Day'

Poll: Should There Be a 'Zelda Day'

• Yes best idea EVER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it wouldn't work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I guess, considering the fact that fans celebrate March 10[sup]th[/sup] as Mario [Mar10] Day, that May 4[sup]th[/sup] is "May the Fourth be with you" day and May 5[sup]th[/sup] is the "Revenge of the Fifth"--the Zelda franchise could probably get its own fan day worth celebrating the series. I usually just keep in mind the dates I beat individual Legend of Zelda games and celebrate my anniversaries.

There are days for almost everything nowadays, though half of them aren't even official. What I mean by that if the word is spread around well enough, it's an unofficial holiday, right? The three fan holidays I mentioned above are technically unofficial holidays, too. You are not going to see that printed on a calendar when you first purchase it. But sure, if you select a day and make legitimate reasoning behind why that day was chosen, with the internet's magical ability to spread news quickly, you probably could make a Zelda Day if you wanted to. --Even if it's just amongst the DGN community, we could probably arrange something. For example, look what our fellow member, Ghirahimiscool did with Kybyrian Day. We celebrated, right?

But, if we're going to have a Zelda Day, we have to celebrate other series, too!

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Include these:
Febuary 27: Oracle of Seasons and Ages
December 2: Four Swords
March 18: Four Swords Adventures
November 4: Minish Cap
June 23: Phantom Hourglass
December 7: Spirit Tracks
There still Zelda games, most of which are good.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
No. There should not be a Zelda day. If you want a Zelda Day then celebrate it yourself. And if anything it would be on the day the first game came out. I also think it would be a bad idea to have it be a forum holiday, because we already have a bunch of useless, pointless days in commemoration of different members.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
i forgot about Link's Awakening but you could include it anyway. They could do a Nintendo Day at least but Goverment would have some excuse like 'we can't afford it'' but we could do a petition.

You don't need the government to start a holiday.

This is a really cool idea. But it would be wierd for people to keep track of those days like that.

LA came out originally on the GB. Just putting that out there.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It would only work as one of those obscure holidays Such as national sundae day, Opposite day, etc. You know the ones that no one really knows about yet flood social networking.

It would be cool to have a Zelda Day though.

i would love the idea of a day dedicated to Zelda, however national holidays are usually only created if it is for an event that has influenced a large percentage of the world. Yes, many, many people play Zelda, and it has made our lives wonderful, but it isn't something the government would consider a "national holiday" because it hasn't bettered the country or anything like that. I think we, as a Zelda community could make it a holiday among ourselves, but it won't ever be considered a national holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom