• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: Should There Be a Game Where the Current Link Gets Killed and a New One Comes?

Should There Be a Game Where the Currently Link Gets Killed and a New One Comes

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should there be a game where the currently Link gets killed and a new one comes.

Like in my previous thread about the last six Zelda games

I've got this idea for the last six Zelda games if they were to happen. This what it would be about
The Legend Of Zelda: Civil War of the worlds
Hyrule and Termina are having a war against each other due to the fact that an Hyrule explore (not Link) went to Termina claiming that it belongs to Hyrule. However Termina is a country unknown to anyone from Hyrule apart from Link. According to the Goron Elder in Snowpeak Link must defeat the 12 bosses to stop the civil war and get peace. Meanwhile underground Ganondorf is torturing Sakon due to the fact that Sakon stole his swords. Ganondorf. Majora Mask, Veran, Zant , Bellum, Demise, Ghrirahim, General Onox, Twinrova, White Wolf, Morpha and the other one which Ganondorf is trying to get with his potion which makes people do what there told. Sakon tries to escape but White Wolf barks at him. Ganondorf ties Sakon to the chair asking about who he works for. Sakon declines. Suddenly Ganondorf looks at Zant he executes Sakon by hanging him. In Clock Town, Link is in the Mayor's office watching the soldiers talking about options of invading Hyrule. A knock on the door is heard Link opens it it is Princess Zelda dressed in disguise as a maid with no one knowing apart from Link. Link and Zelda go into Woodfall to talk about there marriage which is happening in 3 weeks time. Zelda kissed Link and then goes to Hyrule. Link goes to Romaini Ranch to get Epona and then they go to Clock Town. Meanwhile Gorman goes past them angry with the Mayor for not attacking Hyrule. Gorman goes to the Stock Pot Inn, and lies down on his bed until he hears things. Ganondorf appears, befriending Gorman. He talks about the war to Gorman asks him to join his army. Gorman tries to run out the door but there is a White Wolf there standing there not moving. Ganondorf tries to convince him to join his army but Gorman kicks Ganondorf and runs out the door. He escapes from Clock Town in Woodfall where Zant is standing in front of him. However Ganondorf is behind Gorman. Without him knowing Ganondorf puts a spider on his back biting him. He falls on the floor. Gorman wakes up handcuffed to a chair, he has now joined the clan as the 12th member with him not knowing. Meanwhile Clock Town has had is clock been blown up. Gorman and his minions takes over Clock Town. Gorman becomes popular due to he is strong.The villagers of Clock town burn the original Mayor and his wife and they die.

The next 5 won't be that detailed but in episode 2 Gorman fights along side Termina trying to destroy Hyrule. In episode 3 Gorman and Ganondorf kill every parent of each child do when the child gets older the parents can't tell there children how bad Gorman is. Only two children escape. By The way Link is 12 in the first trilogy. Episode 4. 40 years later Link hides in the Deku Palace as he is good friends with new King. Link then goes to Snowhead to speak with the Goron Elder (not the one in Majora Mask but the new one) who is 90 years old he dies while talking about the Goron's coming to exinction due to the lack of food in Snowhead. Link is with Zelda and they go Clock Town to talk to the Curiousity shop man who is now 95 is agrees to let them hide here as the Deku Palace is being watched by Goron's Guards. Link knows he has to find a person to train for the future to beat Ganondorf and Gorman. Link goes into Hyrule Field to pray to the gods. They say the new Link is 14 years old. Link goes into Kakariko Village and he sees a child playing with a woodern sword and a slingshot on his own because he is always bullied by other children. Link goes up to him talking about his sword. he says he found it on a floor and it's old. (It's actually the one Link had in TP) Link knows this and he talks to the boy knowing that is his sword. Meanwhile a gang of boy come to him to him making fun of him. In a quicker way of saying it Link tells the boy about Gorman they go around Hyrule and Termina finding weapons and then the see Gorman and they fight him and the boy. The original Link gets captured and gets taking out while Gorman is fighting the boy. The Boy runs from the fight trying to find Link but he has been Lynched. The boy travels around Termina making the ideal weapon and he fights Gorman and Ganondorf but the boy doesn't the defeat them. In the 5 episode he becomes the new Link and int he last episode he kills Ganondorf and his gang apart from Gorman who has woken up from his spell there is peace in the world. By the way Zelda kills herself episode 4 by poisoning herself. Link and Zelda are always ghost and the new Link can talk to them anytime. The new link has a girlfriend like Zelda is with Link and they live peacefully forever.

Last edited:

Dan

I sort of like the sound of that. Rockstar did the same sort of method with red dead redemption.
It could really work well, perhaps you play a adult Link for the first half of the game and then after his life is taken you take on the role of a young link, with a changed world perhaps years later after the death of the first one.

Could make for a pretty Dark game eh. ;)

Well we've already seen an allusion to Link dying through the Hyrule Historia timeline itself. Link's perishing in Ocarina of Time branches off into the Decline Timeline wherein Ganon imposes his will on the Sacred Realm and the Sealing War occurs. I do have a bit with your proposal though. Why introduce another hero after the first Link dies? The only way I see this working is through a direct sequel. Ganondorf or some other villain lays waste to Link in one game and a subsequent incarnation travels to right the wrong. The problem with this, however, is that traditionally a century passes between each incarnation.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I don't like the idea, it would just seem to rush that a hero is found so fast, plus it sounds like a bad anime, i'm okay with Link dieing, but like i said to rushed to find another hero in one game. I'f you mean between games then maybe.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
This Idea COULD create an excellent plot for a Zelda game, but I do not think this will happen

As we know Link is supposed to "link" the player into the game. If you are playing the game and Link dies for good, and another Link comes along, then the link connects the player to the game is severed.

They COULD probably find a way to get around this, but I am pessimistic about it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, I want to see Zelda die then a new hero take his place. I mean, come on, it would be glorious (IMO). I'm tired of that green clad one man army always winning the fights; it's ridiculous and never makes any sense. He needs to be killed CANONICALLY, ONSCREEN.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't see how this would work. Link would have to die at the end of a game to create a cliffhanger, and another game that takes place (at the very least) 16 years later would have to be made in its stead. While that's not a bad plot scenario, that's just bad storytelling for a Zelda title. I don't care about the canonical death on the timeline. That was purely a cop-out on Nintendo's part in order to make the timeline work, and it's not something that happened in the game we actually played. Ending a Zelda game with Link dying would only further complicate things for Nintendo. I say no.

I'm tired of that green clad one man army always winning the fights; it's ridiculous and never makes any sense.

Bro, don't question Nintendo logic. The term exists for a reason.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see how this would work. Link would have to die at the end of a game to create a cliffhanger, and another game that takes place (at the very least) 16 years later would have to be made in its stead. While that's not a bad plot scenario, that's just bad storytelling for a Zelda title. I don't care about the canonical death on the timeline. That was purely a cop-out on Nintendo's part in order to make the timeline work, and it's not something that happened in the game we actually played. Ending a Zelda game with Link dying would only further complicate things for Nintendo. I say no.

Bro, don't question Nintendo logic. The term exists for a reason.
For first chunk: do it like Red Dead Redemption did. Jack was playable years later, in the very same game of RDR.

Second, Nintendo Logic will die one day! I mean it!!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For first chunk: do it like Red Dead Redemption did. Jack was playable years later, in the very same game of RDR.

That's just not the Zelda style, nor is it Nintendo's style. Nintendo shouldn't try to be something it's not.

Second, Nintendo Logic will die one day! I mean it!!

It's been going strong for 26 years, bro. It's not dying.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's just not the Zelda style, nor is it Nintendo's style. Nintendo shouldn't try to be something it's not.

It's been going strong for 26 years, bro. It's not dying.
First sentence: zomg side scrolling isn't Zelda's style!!1on1!! (yet we still got AoL)
Second sentence: zomg innovative and trying out different ideas isn't Nintendo's style!!1on1!! (yet we got...everything Nintendo has ever made)

Last two sentences: I will end it myself if need be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom