• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Poll: Pressed for Time or All the Time in the World?

Pressed for time or all the time in the world

• Pressed for time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All the time in the world

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ganondork

goo
I was greatly bothered by this initially. I would say up until I finished the Woodfall Temple, I had no idea about the Inverted Song of Time. For this reason, I had so much to say terribly about Majora's Mask. I made so many excuses to put off continuing the game; I just didn't like the concept of being pressed for time. Upon joining ZD and checking out the walkthrough, I found out about the Inverted Song of Time. Time stopped being a problem for me from then on. I felt like I could easily explore as much as I pleased, without fear of running out of time. That coupled with the Song of Soaring to quickly put my money in the bank, I was set to go out on one of the better Zelda adventures to be had; Majora's Mask.

As should be obvious, I now understand I have all the time in the world. I'm not the least bit worried by the time limit. That is, as long as I don't have to force myself forward in time using the Double Song of Time for certain sidequests. This always give me a hint of worry, but it always resolves itself in the end.

Amy said:
I tried doing all of Great Bay and that took me almost two days WITH Reverse Song of Time

I'm pretty sure you could have gone back in time once you get the Zora Mask, and have completed a few things prior to infiltrating the Gerudo Fortress. Not to mention if you got the Rock Mask before you go inside, you could cut down a lot of time. Scouting out the area, then going back in time wouldn't have hurt either. I never had this problem, but to each is its own.

Hero of Time said:
That being said, I much prefer having all the time in the world. Exploration is a prodigious element of the Zelda franchise, and having unlimited time to explore is very important to complement that.

I like that Zelda decided to mix it up a little by doing this. It adds a darker element to Zelda - something more Zelda games need - and adds a larger sense of urgency. You can still easily explore, just use the Song of Time when you feel you're cutting it close. As you said, just use Song of Soaring to get back to a general area where you were before. I'd imagine you'd be fine from there.

Cel-Shaded Deku said:
Having no time limit whatsoever is better, but in Majora's Mask as long as I play the Inverted Song of Time and don't play the Song of Double Time I usually never even make it to the third day in one session. I basically never even notice it because they did the time system right.

^This

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
The only thing I hated about the Song of Time thing was that it reverses everything and you have to fight the boss again just to do most of the side quests which are the main part of the game to finally start a temple. But I never felt pure pressure, yeah, it got frustrating or annoying but that was the fun in the game and made it a different but more exciting and amazing game. :) <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom