• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess POLL: How Difficult Was Ganondorf in TP?

How hard was Ganondorf?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I voted a 2. The only part I found to be a challenge was the part when he summons ghost riders to knock you off Epona. I figured out that doing the spin attack makes quick work of them, though.

The first stage, with Puppet Zelda was an absolute joke. Phantom Ganon in OoT was harder than that. Though I give them props for throwing in the bottle usage. You could also deflect the... light? as a wolf, which... admittedly, is a bit harder.

The second stage, if you know the right tricks, is pathetic.
Knock him down, then do the Jump Strike, MAKING SURE that the first upward slice hits him, repeat once. DOWN.
Also, I don't like the new Ganon design. Too much beast, not enough control. Though, perhaps this was done for a reason, as I suspect he will be pretty much a 3D version of ALttP's Ganon in his next encounter. That discussion is for another thread though.

The horseback fight was fun. This part I enjoyed. It actually requires some skill. Though it had a lot more potential, as did the rest of the fight.

Finally, the would be EPIC SWORD FIGHT! This could have been the greatest battle in the history of Zelda battles, but alas, it was gimmicked. (Yes I just made a word there.) What I mean is, you had to rely on an action event, and mash the button into oblivion. That is the entirety of the battle, and it ruins it. If they had added more ways to battle him, such as... I don't know, incorporating the Hidden Skills in some way. Anything really, just to make it more eventful. What I'm getting at here is... that it was boring, lackluster. A missed potential.

Overall, the concept of the multiple stages and environments was fun, but it failed to deliver.

octorok74

TETTAC
I put dow a 7, because of stage 3. Ganondorf's ghost riders always seem to hit Epona and then they kill me. Plus Zelda doesn't like to get an arrow ready until I'm right next to Ganondorf. All the other stages where easy, it was just stage 3.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I didnt find Ganondorf to be very difficult at all. It was one of the best battles in the game, but it wasnt that hard. The hardest part of the battle for me was Beast Ganon, when I didnt know what to do. (That was the first time I played the battle)
The horseback battle didnt need much skill, and Posessed Zelda's attacks were repetetive and easy to dodge.

I voted a three.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I found him to be very easy, but I'll give 'em a five. :x

(caution: I ramble from here on. |D Read at own risk!)

It might because I had the stragety guide for TP and I knew all of his secrets (even if they weren't hard to figure out) I didn't even DIE when I fought him.
Kinda a letdown from that /amazing/ Zant fight. :c I had a harder time with the Arbiter's Grounds boss... exept for the horse-back battle. That was a little hard, but not by much. More annoying than hard. xD I've died on every final battle in EVERY video game I've ever played, at least once. So it was a bit of a letdown to see the entire sequence only took me one song on my iPod. (Mind you, it was a fourteen-minute long song. XD) I only used one fairy (stupid horse-back battle) the whole time, which made me sad. I like a challenge in a final boss. (Like Xemnas from KH. I died who knows how many times on him. e.e Even more on Sephiroth... -shudders) But maybe that's just me? I'm sure it was a heck of a lot harder on the Wii. I'd look like an idiot trying to attack him with the Wii Remote. -fails- But he was dissapointing, all in all. A not great finish to my favorite game. :B Ahwell. At least it was cool and Zelda got to use her spiffy light arrows. :3

I need to play the Wii version. :x Then he might be harder... but the thought of using a Wii Remote to use a sword scares me. owo
/enduselessrambling

I think i would give

puppet zelda a 1 because all you have to do is hit the yellow energy ball at her about 5 times and her atacks are easy to dodge :)

than beast ganon a 3 because he is harder to dodge his tackle and he is a pain because you got to keep changing forms and you got to look around before he comes charging at you :)

then ganon on a horse a 2 because it takes a long time for zelda to shoot light arrows at him.

and ganondorf his self a 2 its cool to fight hard bosses like him :)

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
1 for all of them. Why?

Puppet Zelda- Jump Strike. 3 times. Dead.

Dark Beast Ganon- Wolf Link. Wait for portal to turn blue. Hold A. Throw aside. Go insane on the scar on his belly. Repeat. Dead.

Horseback Ganon- Stay near Ganondorf while targeting. Wait for light arrow. Dash. Hit with sword. Repeat x3. Dead.

Dark Lord Ganondorf- Wave fishing rod in face. Laugh. Go insane on Ganondorf. Repeat several times. Ending Blow through the heart. Dead.

Need I say more?

mewtwolord

Hello World
I say 3 -.- fighting Ganon in TP was very pathetic...If I had trouble with any of his forms I would say the beast for because of the positioning and timing.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i had no trouble with puppet, ganondorf, or horseback, but the beast was pretty hard with the timing and the new feature where you had to push the anolouge stick back an fourth

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ganondorf in this game is TOO predictable. An epic sword fight yes, but his attack patterns and way of blocking is also expected.

I preferred his OoT version. There he was a beast, a monster bent on a rampage, and a difficult man to kill and destroy. In TP, he's as tame as two Darknuts attacking Link on full force. He blocks and stabs, that's it. He follows and does the same pattern....I found it too annoyingly easy. But what made me laugh at how weak he can be is when I draw the fishing Rod and he looks at it, letting his guard down, I mean why would he let his guard down at the sight of a fishing rod? -_- He's practically weaker than Zant.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I said two because honestly there was absolutely nothing difficult about defeating Ganondorf. I would have said three if Midna wasn't there telling Link what to do the whole time. The only reason I didn't say a one is because it took Midna a couple of seconds to speak up.
Though it was still an awesome fight scene.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
After the Beast Ganon Midna wasn't there to guide Link. But I thought Puppet Zelda was extremely easy. Even Argorok would have been toughter than that and he was already a joke when it comes to difficulty. Beast Ganon was the same. Not difficult at all. The horseback riding was the hardest. Epic fight was too predictable.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
While I didn't find it really hard, I didn't find it really easy either. I stressed out about it quite a lot the first time I fought him. I'd rate him somewhere between 4 and 6. I found that it was actually a nice difficulty, and allowed it to be fun. Clealy not many peopel agree with that. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No matter how much I like Ganondorf, he most definitely gets a ONE in TP. All forms were easy!

Puppet Zelda: 1
Seriously, this gave me a nostalgia trip. All the way back to OoT. Knocking balls of lightning through the air, MAN. Can't get better than that. But guess what? NOT ONE of his attacks do over a heart of damage, and it ONLY TAKES THREE BALLS to finish him. There is no slicing the crap outta Zelda (I know that'd kill some of you fans, but come on. It's only Ganondorf!), just hitting the ball back. No Light Arrows, no nothing. Plain and simple knocking balls back. Slightly boring, but fun if you use some of the Hidden Skills.

Beast Ganon: 1
Come on, seriously? No surprise at all, I knew right outta the box that we'd have to fight him (spoiled myself on the cutscene o_O) sometime or later. Just switch in and out of Wolf Form in order to through him on the ground. Great Spin him with double attack power, it only takes around 1-2 spins if you do a 3 hit combo before spinning him. Too easy.

Horseback Ganon: 2
No fun at all. The fact that we're not physically shooting him is infuriating. It was like using the Wiimote to shoot arrows, but arrows wouldn't fly unless the game wanted them to. AI Zelda sucks, we should've used her instead. Still, running around was fun. Testing the boundaries was kinda cool as well.

Dark Lord: 1
Nothing of this battle was hard at all. Simply just dodge the slashes, and then CHANCE him whenever you could. Or, you could use the Fishing Rod trick. Not hard at all. Too simple, so he gets an overall one.
-----------
PLEASE note that these are my OWN PERSONAL opinions, so don't start flaming me over my giving Ganon a 1/10. He just wasn't hard to beat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom