• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Poll: Favorite Boss in Skyward Sword?

What's your favorite boss battle in Skyward Sword

• Ghirahim (1st battle)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scaldera

• Moldarach

• The Imprisoned (1st time)

• Koloktos

• Tentalus

• Ghirahim (2nd time)

• The Imprisoned (2nd time)

• Levias/Bilocyte

• The Imprisoned (3rd time)

• Ghirahim (3rd time)

• Demise

• Total voters
I swear this poll as been repeated time and time again.

While all of the bosses in Skyward Sword were gaming hallmarks, my favorite was Koloktos for having extremely innovative uses of the dungeon item and then throwing a complete twist in the second part of the battle by standing up and releasing Cursed Bokoblins. It was a long, grueling, and entertaining fight.

You must like Moldarach a lot, right? Personally, that scorpion was an interesting boss especially in its use of the Gust Bellows but nothing overly spectacular.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
It's a tie between Ghirahim (2nd time in the Fire Sanctuary) and Koloktos (which seems to be a popular boss :3).

I'm not a fan of the fights where all you do is do something to make the boss fall down, and then you quickly run over to his weak point and slash at him like there's no tomorrow. So fights like Tentalus and Scaldera were nice the first time, but after that, they end up falling into the rift of "overused boss strategies." At least, for me. Just think about all of the boss fights we've seen in 3D Zelda games. Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker included -- most of the bosses in these games require you to "stun" the boss and run over to slash at him repeatedly.

Ghirahim (all three fights, actually :3) was a very nice change from that. I particularly favoured the fight in the Fire Sanctuary because it was more fast-paced than the first one and the third one (arguably). I loved how he would constantly be after me, and there was no one weak point to hit. You didn't have to stun him. Timing, dodging, and the direction of your sword swings all came into play, and it felt like a sword fight. :)

As for Koloktos, well, I just loved slicing off his limbs with his own giant swords. XD

S

Sartax123

Well, it seems Koloktos is pretty popular. Yeah, Koloktos was pretty fun. But all the bosses were.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I liked Ghirahim the third time because it was fun to knock him off the platform and do a super high fatal blow from the platform above. My most favorite was demise though. I liked how there weren't too many ways to damage him, and it was difficult to land a hit on him. The battle got 10 times cooler when lightning stared striking. I think a one on one sword battle boss was something that skyward sword didn't have very much of, and was one of my minor things on a minute list of things that I think could have made it better. He fit the mechanics of skyward sword so nicely and made my heart pound. He's also got better replay value that Koloktos in my opinion. a second time fighting him still gave me a rush, but a second time facing koloktos and I was calm and knew what to expect.

It's a tie between Ghirahim (2nd time in the Fire Sanctuary) and Koloktos (which seems to be a popular boss :3).

I'm not a fan of the fights where all you do is do something to make the boss fall down, and then you quickly run over to his weak point and slash at him like there's no tomorrow. So fights like Tentalus and Scaldera were nice the first time, but after that, they end up falling into the rift of "overused boss strategies." At least, for me. Just think about all of the boss fights we've seen in 3D Zelda games. Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker included -- most of the bosses in these games require you to "stun" the boss and run over to slash at him repeatedly.

Ghirahim (all three fights, actually :3) was a very nice change from that. I particularly favoured the fight in the Fire Sanctuary because it was more fast-paced than the first one and the third one (arguably). I loved how he would constantly be after me, and there was no one weak point to hit. You didn't have to stun him. Timing, dodging, and the direction of your sword swings all came into play, and it felt like a sword fight. :)

The third fight was quite different but I think it was better than the first two int that it was different. But yes, the second Ghirahim battle seems to be lauded for its intense sword play. :)

As for Koloktos, well, I just loved slicing off his limbs with his own giant swords. XD

This.

Except for Tentalus.

And yet the buildup to the battle was amazing. Are you hating on Tentalus for being a stun boss?

I liked Ghirahim the third time because it was fun to knock him off the platform and do a super high fatal blow from the platform above. My most favorite was demise though. I liked how there weren't too many ways to damage him, and it was difficult to land a hit on him. The battle got 10 times cooler when lightning stared striking. I think a one on one sword battle boss was something that skyward sword didn't have very much of, and was one of my minor things on a minute list of things that I think could have made it better. He fit the mechanics of skyward sword so nicely and made my heart pound. He's also got better replay value that Koloktos in my opinion. a second time fighting him still gave me a rush, but a second time facing koloktos and I was calm and knew what to expect.

Yes, the two final battles were simply amazing! They were the essence of Skyward Sword-a young, inexperienced Skyloftian (or should we say Hylian ;) going from rags to riches :xd: Well, not literally but you know what I mean. Ghirahim's final encounter was much better than the loco but lame Zant fight and Demise truly made it feel that Link and Zelda's demise was fast approaching!

Alright. Koloktos was my 2nd favorite! Demise is my vote!

Last edited:
S

Sartax123

Except for Tentalus.

Tentalus wasn't that bad. I think he was definitely better than the Imprisoned, at least for the second and third times. I really liked chopping up tentalus's snake-hair-tentacle things.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
It's a tough call, as virtually all of the bosses are incredibly memorable, and stand as some of the best in the series. However, I've got to be a yes man and go with Koloktos. Everything about that fight -- the collapsing pillars, the music that speeds up as the battle progresses, the twist of actually using the jerk's own weapon to chop off its limbs -- is just exhilarating.

Koloktos was too easy for me, yet it was very funny chopping him up with his own swords. I have to go with Demise as my favorite. It was hella epic, and actually difficult for me the first time because I didn't think to steal his lightning. :P

S

Sartax123

Now that I think about it, the third battle with Ghirahim might just be my favorite boss. I thought it was very satisfying hearing him hit lower platforms. I also really liked breaking his giant sword. I did like Moldarach a lot, but that's just partly because of my love of scorpions, and the first part of the fight with Moldarach was kind of... dull. But, I still haven't decided. I really liked both.

Feral

The Drifter
Hmmm...Koloktos was fun. Always wanted to say :devil: "I'll tear your arms off and beat you to death with them!".

I also like Tentalus since it's one of the boss battles you get to use your bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom