• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokewalker

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
If you got SoulSilver or HeartGold you would've most likely seen the Pokewalker paired with the games. Did/do you use it? Is it just a novelty and a gimmick to you? Do you carry it everywhere? What do you like about it, or dislike?

I personally thought it was a good idea in theory, but it is just a gimmick - however, I liked being able to keep a Pokemon in my pocket and level it up and so on, while not even thinking about it. It is potentially a great idea to get younger children exercising actively too as it serves as incentive to get moving and walking. I know some people who still stick it in their pocket before work! I've since lost it, with a Pikachu on there somewhere! But that can be retrieved via the game cart itself. Though a fun item; not needed to complete the game, but it does add some further enjoyment and extends the game outside of the normal realm of Pokemon which is traditionally retained on the console.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes I did, and still do, that's how I managed to get my hands on some pokemon not obtainable in the game by normal means. Not a bad idea that was, as I enjoy walking and running. You can also get your hands on some cool items. :)

H

Hëradïn

I only use it to get things like horseas that are carrying dragon scales so I can make other pokémon evolve. Other than that, no.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
The Pokewalker was oh so gimmicky. While it was kinda cool, the novelty wears off quickly. I think it's just a glorified Tomagatchi.

i use to carry it all the time when i first got it,it even started beeping in class (it was just life skills thankfully),but i haven't used it in forever its in my nightstand now, just sitting thier unused.

Never really had one, but is definitely a cool idea to get players moving and exercising. Though most players will dislike this "walking" part, it's really a cool way to get people OUTSIDE and not inside playing games all day.

The only thing I really used it for was getting exclusive Pokemon, like the Bouncing Magikarp. I think the battery is dead now, though. Oh, well. I never use it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom