• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon X and Y - Demo For X and Y In Japan!

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys have been enjoying yourselves this morning! I just saw the latest Pokemon episode and it was so cute! So many Oshawotts in one place! X3

So as you guys may or may not know, the demo for Pokemon X and Y has officially been released to the Japanese and I wish I could be there. Either way we have devoted websites to check for us as we stay wondering what will happen next. I'm not going to post all the screenshots, but I will put a link where you can look at them to your heart's content. Lots of information has been revealed such as you simply tap a button for your Pokemon to Mega Evolve if they have the appropriate Mega Stone. Also in addition to riding Gogoat in the wild you can ride Rhyhorn! How cool is that? Once again, let the fangirling begin!

http://gengame.net/2013/08/new-pokemon-x-y-details-reveal-interface-for-mega-evolution-new-screenshots/

I hope you guys are excited for X and Y, because I know this game will be a success! Please leave you comments below and discuss about the new details of X and Y that have been so far revealed and as always, thanks for reading!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Japan gets a demo, we'll surely get one! Wowzerz! I can't believe GF/Nintendo is actually doing this! Great job :D now for that ZeldaBLT/ALBW demo :3

Fig

The Altruist
We finally get to see an English Demo of the games! Sad thing is that it only takes place at the PAX convention at the Washington State Convention Center at Seattle from August 30th and ends September 2nd. :kawaii:

[video=youtube;5g4c7n6WUO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4c7n6WUO8[/video]

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Awww, dammit, you beat me to it. I was busy mowing the yard. :(

Anyway, on the plus side, the video I watched leaves no doubt: Fenniken can use Psychic-type moves! HUZZAH!!

Finally, a Fire/Psychic Pokemon that isn't an event-exclusive Legendary. And a starter one, to boot! ^^

(And thank God it wasn't Fire/Fighting again...)

Fig

The Altruist
Awww, dammit, you beat me to it. I was busy mowing the yard. :(

Anyway, on the plus side, the video I watched leaves no doubt: Fenniken can use Psychic-type moves! HUZZAH!!

Finally, a Fire/Psychic Pokemon that isn't an event-exclusive Legendary. And a starter one, to boot! ^^

(And thank God it wasn't Fire/Fighting again...)

I'm glad that Fenniken can learn Psychic-Type moves too! I honestly can't wait for X and Y! Only 2 more months to go!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Here's a video for it. I think you'll find there's something pretty epic about Fennekin...
Nothing's epic about Fennekin, not even the fact that it can learn psychic-type moves (but this is off-topic, so I'll shut up).

I didn't watch the entire demo because, quite frankly, I want to go into the game unaware of what most of the region looks like. I did watch, however, about 30-60 seconds of the Japanese demo (JJ's post). I'm only very slightly disappointed that Gogoat/<insert pre-evolution name here> can't climb stairs, but oh well. Also, I will not be attending the PAX convention in order to play the English demo. This is for not only reasons stated previously, but also because I don't need to fly across the country in order to play a demo. I'm a fan, but I'm not that much of a fun, lol.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm a bigger fan of Froakie and Chespin (especially Chespin), but... what exactly is wrong with Fennekin?

My biggest issue with Fennekin is its lack of originality in its design; it looks like Vulpix/Arcanine/Growlithe hybrid. Where's the originality? Why make something so unoriginal when this was their chance to shine? It just doesn't make sense to me why they would create such an unimaginative design -- especially after the excessive complaints from Gen V. Also I have another problem: its type. I have no problem with the dual type Fire/Psychic by itself, but how the hell does it apply to Fennekin? Most types correspond with the Pokémon's design (i.e. Pikachu = Electric and has a thunderbolt tail, Charizard = Fire and has the design of a fire-breathing dragon, Infernape = Fire/Fighting and has a flaming head of hair + hands to fight with/nimble body figure, etc). All Fennekin looks like is your average, overly fluffy, pathetic Fire-type, so I don't see how the Psychic component comes into play. If its final evolution makes sense, then perhaps I'll retract my statement. Otherwise, I stand behind it.

Again, this is off-topic, but you asked and I answered.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't see the combination thing, to be honest. I see a firey fox that looks nothing like any other Pokemon to date. :/

Then that's your opinion, and I respect that. Do I agree? No. But I see where you may be coming from.

Anyways, back on topic, is there anyone who will actually be trying out the demo?

Then that's your opinion, and I respect that. Do I agree? No. But I see where you may be coming from.

Anyways, back on topic, is there anyone who will actually be trying out the demo?

Just so you know, Fennekin's final evolution is so badass; just you wait and see. It definitely puts Ninetales to shame...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The hell could you possibly know?

It's Wolf. He knows his Japanese.

But really, he was joking. When does Wolf ever say "badass"? lol

@Atticus
I will be trying out the demo assuming it releases stateside.

Fennekin's final evolution boasts something akin to flame-bearing prayer beads around its neck... Its name shall be something akin to "Fuensis" or some bs. Its second evolution is neat, but I found it lacking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom