• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Theory: The Player Kills Blue's Raticate

It is a bit suspicious that Blue would box his Raticate, then go to a place where dead Pokemon are mourned, and then replace that Raticate with something else. It's not a juicy theory if Blue just puts his Raticate in the PC Box.

So Blue is not allowed to customise his team? There is nothing suspisious about not using a Pokémon anymore, People do it all the time. It's just a coincidence that Blue stopped using Raticate when he visited Pokémon Tower.

I think that he just abandoned the Raticate because it was weak. When you see him at Pokemon Tower, he says that he was there catching a cubone.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
So Blue is not allowed to customise his team? There is nothing suspisious about not using a Pokémon anymore, People do it all the time. It's just a coincidence that Blue stopped using Raticate when he visited Pokémon Tower.

Just seems fishy that Blue is visiting Pokemon Tower with a Pokemon missing in his party. It sparks some reason for suspicion.

Just seems fishy that Blue is visiting Pokemon Tower with a Pokemon missing in his party. It sparks some reason for suspicion.

Last edited:

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I've heard of this theory before. It is very plausible, why else would Blue make some off the comments he does and why else would he be just hanging around the Pokemon Tower? The fact that he leaves an empty space on his team really gives this theory some validity. The fact that you are on the SS Anne with no Pokemon Center around also helps. I think maybe Nintendo was implying that it died but didn't make it obvious so that the game didn't get to mature.

The thing I don't like about this theory is that you kill the Raticate. Blue is a very driven individual that would battle everyone he sees. Anyone coud have done it. It does make sense though, since you are the one who KOs it on the SS Anne.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
That sounds interesting but it just begs the question. Why didn't they just say it? They make a straight reference to the Cubone's mom being dead, so maybe he jsut released the Raticate or stored him.

Maybe the line: "your Pokemon don't look dead" is a reference to him being a "superior" trainer

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
Your theory doesn't sound Farfetch'd at all. I actually enjoy your theory. I would say IMO he could have just easily replaced it and left it in the box as we all do ourselves.

undead_angel92

undead_angel92
It is a bit suspicious that Blue would box his Raticate, then go to a place where dead Pokemon are mourned, and then replace that Raticate with something else. It's not a juicy theory if Blue just puts his Raticate in the PC Box.

It's not that suspicious that he would box his raticate. Knowing Blue (Gary) at the time he probably figured that he would be better off without it. So he either boxed it or relased it. Plus maybe the reason why he didn't replace it is becasue untill way later he hadn't found a good enough pokemon. As for why he is at Pokemon Tower he probably heard the rumors of ghost and decided to check it out, while running into Red and taunting him with "Your Pokemon don't look dead!". Of course I'm just basing this on Blue's personality. I could be wrong, but there is nothing wrong with a lil theorizing, right? :)

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
And he loved his Raticate so much that it evolved before it was supposed to. Oh, and the Raticate dies because it gets trampled by Red on the way off of the ship.

I love this theory.

D

DRWUGGZ

actually, i have a counter theory. on the ss anne if you look close, his raticate is the lowest lvl, so i think he put him in the pc because it was simply too weak. and why he is in pokemon tower, i think he was on his way down from the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom