• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Theory: Kangaskhan is an Evolution of Cubone/Marrowak

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Cubone_kangaskhan.png

-Cubone is a younger Kangaskhan and evolves to Marrowak if male, and if female it evolves to Kangaskhan. Missingno evolves into Kangaskhan when leveled up.
-Placeholder value of M' evolves into a Kangaskhan when leveled up
-Game Freak may not have wanted kids to play a game where a Pokemon evolves from the mother Pokemon's death
-Male animals tend to be more attractive to get mates, whereas females were larger so they could care for many young. Kangaskhan was larger and likely the female version of Marrowak.
-The child in Kangaskhan looks like Cubone
-Game Freak may have intended to have an evolution of 4 stages, or have splits like in later games. Programming issues may have led to them scrapping the idea.

Young Cubone->Cubone->Marrowak->Kangaskhan

This tree makes sense. I found it on another site.

Cubone.png

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
They do look kinda similar, but the kangaskhan childs are blueish in their skin tone.

I do think that they should make the kangaskhan childs into a pre-evolution of kangaskhan, Name suggestion: Maroo

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I used to wonder this as well and it does make sense. They look very similar and they could have originally been in the same evolutionary line-up, but it was scratched due to limitations of the GameBoy. You have to remember that they had to make separate slots for Nidoran males and females, if that happened it seems like it would have been impossible to create a good Cubone to Kangaskhan evolution.

I think your theory holds water, but it is hard to know if Game Freak did this intentionally or not.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I used to wonder this as well and it does make sense. They look very similar and they could have originally been in the same evolutionary line-up, but it was scratched due to limitations of the GameBoy. You have to remember that they had to make separate slots for Nidoran males and females, if that happened it seems like it would have been impossible to create a good Cubone to Kangaskhan evolution.

I think your theory holds water, but it is hard to know if Game Freak did this intentionally or not.

Thanks, I agree it seems like they wanted to do something with it but maybe it just didn't work out in one way or another.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
This is actually a very interesting theory Im pretty sure an intended relation between these were intended but it was scrapped, it makes you think. I mean, they did the Nidoran male and female stages which should've been something like this too.

EDIT: Lol my GF wants a Cubone tattoo

Last edited:

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
I remember the Kangaskhan "Roo's" were blue or at least some type of purple. There is a slight resemblance but then again Tauros and Bouffalant are similar and also Luvdisc and Alomomola share resemblances. I'm sure there is reason why they look so much alike, but alas unless the creator want it, it shall never be so.

I can definitely see it, and it's one of my favorite theories on Bulbapedia too.
Hmm...
Technically the coloring of a Kangaskhan would have to change from it being a baby, so it would probably change once it was seperated from its mother to a brownish color.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I can definitely see it, and it's one of my favorite theories on Bulbapedia too.
Hmm...
Technically the coloring of a Kangaskhan would have to change from it being a baby, so it would probably change once it was seperated from its mother to a brownish color.

Yeah I feel like the body structure is more important than the coloring since Pokemon's coloration has changed over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom