• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon that just Suck

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
As I just got back into the Pokemon world, I've noticed that there are some new (and old) Pokemon that are either useless or redundant. For example, Dedenne from Gen VI is just a smaller version and rip off of Raichu, it's only difference being that it's an electric/fairy type. So what Pokemon just plain suck to you?

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
- Luvdisc
- Smeargle
- Shuckle (honestly, all this thing has going for it is its godly defense, everything else is just... no)
- Pretty much every baby Pokemon (Pichu, Igglybuff, Magby, Elekid, etc.)

This isn't even close to all of them, there are lots of Pokemon that are useless, these are just the ones that came to mind instantly.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Aww come on Dedenne is so much cuter, they are hamsters not a rats, and the fairy type addition is really cool.

I hate Sawk and Throh, never in my life would I say "Hmm, I wonder what Spiderman would be like as a pokemon" I hate fighting types, I hate superheroes, and ugliness, and most of all, I hate sturdy, delete these jokers please.

I also think Watchhog is stupid, it's ugly and mostly just an inferior Bibarel or however you spell it. Every generation has it's own version of Ratatta and Pidgey but I liked the originals, not that Furret isn't the coolest thing ever but we don't need to replace these pokemon every generation, we can re-use them and just add more unique ones.

Most of all though, I hate Gallade, I understand that whiney men can't handle a female only pokemon, or a pokemon that is male looking like a female, but even with the addition of Gallade, Kirlia still exists, so you have a cross dressing pokemon that ends up "just a phase" and eventually accepts it's birth gender. Eww, no Gallade doesn't even look good and IIRC it's a fighting type, I know it sure uses a lot of fighting type moves. Gallade is the single dumbest pokemon to exist, and we never really needed it in the first place.

Aww come on Dedenne is so much cuter, they are hamsters not a rats, and the fairy type addition is really cool.

I hate Sawk and Throh, never in my life would I say "Hmm, I wonder what Spiderman would be like as a pokemon" I hate fighting types, I hate superheroes, and ugliness, and most of all, I hate sturdy, delete these jokers please.

I also think Watchhog is stupid, it's ugly and mostly just an inferior Bibarel or however you spell it. Every generation has it's own version of Ratatta and Pidgey but I liked the originals, not that Furret isn't the coolest thing ever but we don't need to replace these pokemon every generation, we can re-use them and just add more unique ones.

Most of all though, I hate Gallade, I understand that whiney men can't handle a female only pokemon, or a pokemon that is male looking like a female, but even with the addition of Gallade, Kirlia still exists, so you have a cross dressing pokemon that ends up "just a phase" and eventually accepts it's birth gender. Eww, no Gallade doesn't even look good and IIRC it's a fighting type, I know it sure uses a lot of fighting type moves. Gallade is the single dumbest pokemon to exist, and we never really needed it in the first place.
They aren't superheroes. They are ninja.

However I somewhat agree. IMO, Gallade looks cool, but it was never needed.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Luvdisc, magikarp, spearow/fearow, Ominyte, kabuto, aerodactyl, the majority of the legends. It's hard to completely say due to there being 720 pokes in the games but those lot do really suck. They are just completely useless.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I found Plusle and Minun to be the most deceptively useless Pokemon in the series. They looked like they'd be like Pikachu and then all of their moves were just for supporting your other Pokemon in a double battle. And I've always found that about useless anyway xD

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think most of the Pokemon after gen 3 are so bad they aren't worth talking about. Perhaps I'm just an old fart who can't see any good qualities in any of the new Pokemon. It's like, been there, done that, the older generation Pokemon are just more specialized and simply better, IMO.

Magikarp
Hoppip
Ralts is useless till you get it leveled high enough to learn something. thank the gods for the daycare center
Abra is horrible
Unown
Delibird (I love it though)
Vanillish
Mienfoo this is the worst fighting type I have ever dealt with. and I usually like fighting type pokemon
Sawk
Elektrike
idk if I got a weak Golurk or if they just suck in general but my Golurk seems to get killed off by a lot
Elgyem
Oh and any Pokémon prior to Gen 6 that require happiness evolutions. Looking at you Togepi

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
It doesn't matter what you all think, because the single worst pokemon stat wise is Sunkern. The worst stats at 180, meaning it will never do enough damage for its moves, its support moves usually go last, and it dies off after a single hit or two. It's USELESS.

Pen

The game is on!
I am generally a pretty big fan of all of the Pokémon, but there are a few that I just can't stand.

First off is Dunsparce. I seriously keep forgetting this Pokémon even exists. It's a dull normal type that never evolves and there's nothing interesting about it whatsoever. It's neither cute nor cool looking, and I would be shocked if someone actually liked this Pokémon for some reason. lol

Then we have Rhyperior. I think this Pokémon just kinda ruined the Rhyhorn family by not only breaking the design trend, but being so ugly too. I just don't like it at all.

There's also Emboar. What was made so utterly wrong with this Pokémon was its element combination or fire/fighting. When Blaziken came in generation 3 it was a super cool Pokémon with a really cool and unique combination of elements. Then in generation 4 we got Infernape with the same element combination. I thought that was fine though since after all we'd only had one other before that. I remember joking with my friends before generation 5 came out saying that there's literally no way the fire starter will be fire/fighting for a third time in a row. Well... yeah.

And finally we have Alomomola. When this Pokémon was first announced I (and I think pretty much everybody else) was convinced that this would be the new evolution of Luvdisc. I mean, it's a pink heart shaped fish, and it's larger than Luvdisc. Come on! It's gotta be its new evolution! When we learned that those two Pokémon were completely unrelated, it just didn't make any flippin' sense to me.

- Luvdisc
- Smeargle
- Shuckle (honestly, all this thing has going for it is its godly defense, everything else is just... no)

This isn't even close to all of them, there are lots of Pokemon that are useless, these are just the ones that came to mind instantly.

I have to disagree with all of these specifically actually, hehe. Sure, Luvdisc isn't the most exciting Pokémon, but I have nothing against it. Smeargle and Shuckle are super cool imo, and not even that useless. I also find them both to be very unique! Also, I'm a huge fan of the baby Pokémon. They're all so cute and I think it's a cool way for us to get a feeling of how our Pokémon grow. I mean, just look at the progress that's been made between Magby and Magmortar, or between Budew and Roserade. ^^

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
It doesn't matter what you all think, because the single worst pokemon stat wise is Sunkern. The worst stats at 180, meaning it will never do enough damage for its moves, its support moves usually go last, and it dies off after a single hit or two. It's USELESS.
Sunkern has evolution's and a cool concept, it's a grass type which means it holds an advantage over the largest type category (Or at least water is one of them)

Sunkern isn't the worst thing ever. There is more to pokemon than just base stats.

Spinda is my favorite and I will defend it to the death, but good lord is it useless in competitive play.

- Luvdisc
- Smeargle

But that's what makes him awesome! Teach him Toxic and some stat changers, and you have a beast.

Last edited:

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Spinda is my favorite and I will defend it to the death, but good lord is it useless in competitive play.

But that's what makes him awesome! Teach him Toxic and some stat changers, and you have a beast.
Spinda knows Skill Swap and has Contrary. Skill Swap a beast in doubles and You could have then use stat lower attacks such as Draco Meteor or V-Create to destroy the opposition while being a tank.
Then, if Spinda lives, it could use Skill Swap on an opponent to ruin their ability. Then, if it dies, swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom