• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Snap (the new one) first impressions

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
So who has played/bought the new Pokemon Snap and what do you guys think of it so far?

So far I am really enjoying it, I like that it's more of a relaxation kind of game that you can play at your leisure. The graphics are so much better, and I really like how the pokemon look and I also really like that they have a nighttime and daytime part of the game it makes the game last longer.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I’ve played a fair chunk of it now and it’s pretty solid. It still retains the feel of the original N64 game, but it adds a few new ideas into the mix which I quite like such as the research levels (although they feel a bit too grindy at the moment).

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I just beat it today! Overall I think it's great, and I love it!

Only thing I can complain about is that it can be a small bit difficult to figure out some of the puzzles to get certain events to happen sometimes. The vehicle moves a bit too fast when you want to take a closer look at something and figure it out (use apples (I refuse to call them fluff fruit, it's dumb), orbs, scan, or music). And because so many things are happening at the same time, it feels like you're missing other things if you spend too much time looking at one thing, which just leads to you having to replay the level more times.
At the same time, I like that there are many things going on, as it makes it mroe interesting.
Other than that it's amazing!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm gonna show my ignorance and say I was expecting it to be open world or something along those lines. It was a bit of a surprise when it turned out to be level based, but I like that because it gives you a second chance if you miss something. Everything about it Is very well done and engaging, and it's not too focused on story. My biggest issue was the thing where the characters would say one random word out loud when you were scrolling the dialogue, so I turned voice acting off altogether.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Its amazing and really pretty. I can't wait to see even more of the levels now that I have beaten it and all the mons should be available now.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Oh man I just unlocked the Ilumina orbs and they're awesome. I also just completed the Dex for Quagsire, and I'm probably gonna try to do it for all the mons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom