• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
any tips for someone who is just starting out in the game? I’m absolutely loving it, but a little overwhelmed as far as where to go first..
Head to mesagoza first- if you've already done that then you can pick whether to go east or west first
West first is a bit easier but east first has more things to do immediately. So if you're feeling lost I would say head west out of mesagoza for a bit and do some stuff over there, then backtrack over to the east

Also, if you're down to coop sometime let me know cause I have a new profile I want to play through

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Head to mesagoza first- if you've already done that then you can pick whether to go east or west first
West first is a bit easier but east first has more things to do immediately. So if you're feeling lost I would say head west out of mesagoza for a bit and do some stuff over there, then backtrack over to the east

Also, if you're down to coop sometime let me know cause I have a new profile I want to play through
ooohhh that might be my mistake, I just started out east this afternoon and ended up at the Artazon entrance. I know I missed a ton of stuff in between but I just felt lost hah

also I usually start playing for the night around 7pm eastern, for a few hours.

Mikey the Moblin

ooohhh that might be my mistake, I just started out east this afternoon and ended up at the Artazon entrance. I know I missed a ton of stuff in between but I just felt lost hah

That might be why you felt overwhelmed haha, but it's okay to head out that way. There's a gym, Titan, and star base all next to each other

MW7

There is a set level progression that for the most part bounces back and forth from the west to the east as you work your way up north. In other words the further north you go, the higher levels you'll see. The one thing that is an exception is the town in the southwest corner which is a late game area. Also one of the first things I wish I knew earlier was to click in the right stick on the map screen to lock it pointing north.

If at any point you feel stuck, exploring can lead to really strong items and tms right from the start. My first playthrough I didn't understand the geography well and thought I had to beat a team star base to go north, but you can just find ways around them. If you do go far to the north early, you will want to carry poke dolls to escape high level wild pokemon if you accidentally run into them.

You may have noticed already that poke centers are fast travel points, but all towers are fast travel points too and certain landmarks. Fighting optional trainers and talking to the pokemon league reps that hang out at poke centers gets you rewards - some of which are really great. One thing that is good to know is that trainers with black backgrounds to their text boxes have higher level pokemon compared to other trainers in that area. You usually want to save those battles for later.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
There is a set level progression that for the most part bounces back and forth from the west to the east as you work your way up north. In other words the further north you go, the higher levels you'll see. The one thing that is an exception is the town in the southwest corner which is a late game area. Also one of the first things I wish I knew earlier was to click in the right stick on the map screen to lock it pointing north.

If at any point you feel stuck, exploring can lead to really strong items and tms right from the start. My first playthrough I didn't understand the geography well and thought I had to beat a team star base to go north, but you can just find ways around them. If you do go far to the north early, you will want to carry poke dolls to escape high level wild pokemon if you accidentally run into them.

You may have noticed already that poke centers are fast travel points, but all towers are fast travel points too and certain landmarks. Fighting optional trainers and talking to the pokemon league reps that hang out at poke centers gets you rewards - some of which are really great. One thing that is good to know is that trainers with black backgrounds to their text boxes have higher level pokemon compared to other trainers in that area. You usually want to save those battles for later.
thank you SO much for the tips, that was all super helpful. especially the map part because I couldn’t figure out how to lock it, hah.

another thing I spaced was that until you beat more gyms, pokémon over a certain level won’t obey you. I’ve never had an issue with that before, and I’ve been playing since the first gen. my pokémon are all currently levels 20-25ish, but when I did the surprise trades I lost my mind when I received pokémon that were level 50 and 75! I was so excited until I realized that I couldn’t even use them, I just beat the grass gym last night.

Reactions: MW7

Mikey the Moblin

I’ve never had an issue with that before, and I’ve been playing since the first gen.
Pokemon you caught yourself won't have obedience issues in any game, so that's most likely why. In sword and shield since the wild area had varying levels, you weren't allowed to catch pokemon of a high level until you had the corresponding gym badge. In scarlet and violet it's been changed so that you can still catch them, but pokemon caught at a high level will have obedience issues while pokemon leveled up past your badge limit still won't
(IE the level used to determine obedience is the level it was obtained at)

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I’m not big on the Virizon (because I don’t like the future paradox forms in general with them all just being robots and them not having much else aside from that), but Suicune is awesome and a great version of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom