• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remakes on DS or 3DS?

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I think if remakes are made they should be on the 3DS for a few reasons:

1. To make use of the hardware.
If the games are designed specifically for the 3DS they could turn out really well. Gamefreak could choose to move on from sprites and use full 3D models. The cities in the game would look great in 3D. SpotPass and StreetPass would be an awesome addition to the games. A lot more could be done with the games with the 3DS than the DS.

2. We've already had 9 main series instalments on the DS.
Even though B/W2 isn't out yet, when it is released there will be 9 main series games for the DS. I think we can all agree that it's time to move on :P

3. RSE can already be played on the DS... in GBA form.
Okay so I know this isn't true for DSi users, but for regular DS's or DS lites, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald can be played as a GBA game. It won't really make that much difference, but I don't think a game should be released on a system it can already be played on.

4. By the time RSE remakes are released, the DS will be way outdated.
It already is in a way. But we can assume RSE remakes will be released in a few years from now and by then the DS will be a dinosaur... xD

5. Nintendo knows that releasing the games on the 3DS will increase 3DS sales.
This one is a no-brainer. A lot of old fans of the originals would be prepared to buy a whole new system to play the games remastered in 3D for nostalgia. Add in some new features and areas to sweeten the deal and the games will sell well. :D

I really don't see this as necessary.

It's tradition. Game Freak release Remakes after 10 years of the original release.

Why would they remake R/S/E and not remake Y/B/R?!?

You have heard of FireRed and LeafGreen haven't you? They are remakes of Red and Blue respectively. (There was a Green version but that was only released in Japan).

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's tradition. Game Freak release Remakes after 10 years of the original release.

You have heard of FireRed and LeafGreen haven't you? They are remakes of Red and Blue respectively. (There was a Green version but that was only released in Japan).
Oh really? They make remakes every 10 years?
FireRed and LeafGreen came out only 8 years after Red and Blue.
So the tradition is "off" if you ask me, considering they don't follow a ten year rule like you said.
Personally they should worry about creating new Pokemon and regions before worrying about a game being remade.
A remake only buys them a few months to start planning.
That's why they should start creating now while they have Pokemon Conquest coming out along with B & W 2.
It's not that I don't like Ruby and Sapphire, I just think a remake for it is really pointless.

Oh really? They make remakes every 10 years?
FireRed and LeafGreen came out only 8 years after Red and Blue.
So the tradition is "off" if you ask me, considering they don't follow a ten year rule like you said.
I was basing the 10 year thing on HeartGold and SoulSilver's release. I was only just getting into Pokémon around FireRed and LeafGreen came out, So I thought Prior to Heart Gold/Soulsilver's Release, they came out 10 years after red and Blue's Release. I had no clue when it was exactly released at the time (and now to be honest). Anyway when it's released doesn't matter, the tradition is... They remake previous Generations when they seem fit.

Personally they should worry about creating new Pokemon and regions before worrying about a game being remade.
A remake only buys them a few months to start planning.
That's why they should start creating now while they have Pokemon Conquest coming out along with B & W 2.
It's not that I don't like Ruby and Sapphire, I just think a remake for it is really pointless.

We've got quite a few new games out and in development at the moment. We have or had this year: Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond, Pokémon Conquest, Pokémon Black and White 2, Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokédex 3D Pro. I highly doubt Game Freak are worried about New Pokémon Games at the moment. Regardless of how pointless a remake is... It's gonna happen.

It will be nice if they do remake Ruby and Sapphire, since I never got to play them and I'm pretty sure they are my best friend's favorites, although I won't mind if they decide to channel their energy into new games instead. I'm sure that if they got remade they would be on the 3DS, though, and I still don't have one of those.... :P

Fig

The Altruist
I know for sure they are going to release the remake for Ruby and Sapphire sometime soon. I just hope many people will be able to enjoy the games. I believe that it was me where the internet where they show proof of a 10th anniversary of the original Pokémon games. :P

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I would rather have it on the 3DS cuz it deserved to be the first 3DS pokemon game after being shunned for nearly 10 year. But if it's not on the 3DS, I don't care, they just better have the Ruby & Sapphire remake soon! The 3rd generation is my favorite & so is the story! I just hope they have a better aftergame than the originals do. Once you finish it, there's really nothing else to do but go to the battle tower/frontier, get the last bit of Legendaries, & migrate your team to a DS pokemon game.

If they do, It'll probably be for 3DS
I was a little surprised myself to hear BW2 were going to be on the DS since it's been out for almost a year, but by the time they release them, the DS will be waay past it's time.

B

bgdgyfer

I definetly want it on ds because I don`t feel like buying a 3ds for one game. And don`t want to buy the game and the console and another game when I beat it in a day.

Austin

Austin
I don't really think it's an automatic that they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire, but if they do, I want it to be on the 3DS. Simply because it's a more advanced system.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd prefer for the remakes to be on 3DS, but if they actually follow through, I'd prefer them to be $20 apiece games and not $40 rehashes of stuff I could technically get for free, and easily.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I think it's kind of obvious that it's going to be on the 3ds. I would have wanted it like that anyway because the DS has enough Pokémon games and I think it's time for them to leave the DS behind and move onto the 3DS.

P

PokemonArbok

I think it is going to be on the 3DS because Gen.6 will be on a 3DS.:pikachu: :pokeball:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom