• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remakes on DS or 3DS?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
It's safe to assume that after Black 2 and White 2, the next game will be the Ruby & Sapphire remake. My question is, do you think they will be on the DS or 3DS?

Last edited:
The Pokemon franchise is certainly in an odd position as of now. Usually, the remakes release during the year of the 10th Anniversary of the original release and after a new generation. HeartGold and SoulSilver followed Gen IV and there is no reason to see that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will not follow Gen V. You are correct for thinking that. By 2013, the DS software will have fallen by the wayside so it's safe to assume that remakes of those two beloved games will usher in the age of 3DS Pokemon.

I don't know really, you'd think because technology is moving on, the Gen III Remakes will be for the 3DS only. But I just know that they will be on DS and 3DS.

Night Owl

~Momentai
If/When they make a remake of Ruby/Sapphire I think it will likely be on the 3ds. Besides the obvious that they'd use the 3d visuals, they also have the spotpass/streetpass connectivity they can use. There is just so much more that the 3ds can do that the ds can't. I think it would be a shame if they didn't use the 3ds.

Fig

The Altruist
It is possible they are going to wait until the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire, since they did that with FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver. The games will probably be sold for the Nintendo DS, since not everyone has a 3DS. The games will probably be out for sale around the year of 2014. Hopefully Nintendo will create the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire. I love the 3rd generation of Pokemon!

I would like to rlsee a remake of ruby and sapphire and if they do which they most likely are I say it would be played on the 3ds

If they were to do that... I would think that they would put it on DS if it were to come out right now... saying more people have DS vs 3DS and the 3DS is backward compatible ... so they would make more money if they were to sell it on DS game vs the 3DS game... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom