• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Red/Blue Favorite Glitch

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Pokemon Red,Blue,Green and Yellow are full of glitches that are fun to execute,but which is your favourite? Please post why its your favourite,when did you discover this and where did you(the last 2 are optional)

My Favourite is the Mew Glitch

Why?:Mew is my favourite Pokemon

When?:Whenever Gametrailers uploaded that Pop-Fiction episode :P

Where?: www.gametrailers.com/popfiction

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I forgot how to do but the 1 glithc where you can get a bunch of Master Balls.(gigity)
Perhaps you're talking about the MissingNo. glitch. It gives you 100 something of the sixth item in your bag.

Although the above is pretty awesome I like the Mew glitch more because it's added to your Pokedex as well as a way to get a Japan-exclusive Pokemon.

Also, YOU CAN DO IT IN GOLD, SILVER, AND CRYSTAL!

[video=youtube;BIz1RAg25yM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM[/video]

I don't know why I shouted, yelling hurts my throat.

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Perhaps you're talking about the MissingNo. glitch. It gives you 100 something of the sixth item in your bag.

Although the above is pretty awesome I like the Mew glitch more because it's added to your Pokedex as well as a way to get a Japan-exclusive Pokemon.

Also, YOU CAN DO IT IN GOLD, SILVER, AND CRYSTAL!

[video=youtube;BIz1RAg25yM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM[/video]

I don't know why I shouted, yelling hurts my throat.
Yes that's the 1 I found the Pokemon boring now so I stopped playing them.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Well, it was supposed to be a "Forgotten Pokemon," they didn't include it in the final game. The fact that it's also the scrapped Bird Type also makes it interesting.
Well, actually the Missing No isn't bird type. There's 256 different possibilities you can get from using the "Missing No Glitch" (like you can get any pokemon with the "Mew Glitch", not just mew). It just so happens that the most common thing you run into is Missing No and the most common Missing No is Bird type, but Missing No's come in all types, and you can run into "M*"'s there, "PoKeMoNs" (where it does that thing where every other letter is raised) there, "@)(#SFU@!)(&%J" (or just random jumbles) there, and much more, even trainers.

Anyway, my favorite Red/Blue glitch would have to be the invisible PC, just because of the way they did it. They used the model from a pokecenter as the base for another building in the game, and they forgot to take out the code for the PC, so if you stand where you would stand if the PC was there and press A, you'll open up a PC. Other than that, though, I'd have to say that my favorite is from Yellow, where you can make any pokemon follow you (although Pikachu is the only one with the well-detailed following sprite), but that's not Red/Blue.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Well, actually the Missing No isn't bird type. There's 256 different possibilities you can get from using the "Missing No Glitch" (like you can get any pokemon with the "Mew Glitch", not just mew). It just so happens that the most common thing you run into is Missing No and the most common Missing No is Bird type, but Missing No's come in all types, and you can run into "M*"'s there, "PoKeMoNs" (where it does that thing where every other letter is raised) there, "@)(#SFU@!)(&%J" (or just random jumbles) there, and much more, even trainers.

Anyway, my favorite Red/Blue glitch would have to be the invisible PC, just because of the way they did it. They used the model from a pokecenter as the base for another building in the game, and they forgot to take out the code for the PC, so if you stand where you would stand if the PC was there and press A, you'll open up a PC. Other than that, though, I'd have to say that my favorite is from Yellow, where you can make any pokemon follow you (although Pikachu is the only one with the well-detailed following sprite), but that's not Red/Blue.

I did say from all 4 versions so your point is allowed

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
MissingNo, only because it saved my copy of Red. Well, what I did was capture 'M', and my game shut off for a few weeks. I'm assuming a few weeks, but really, it could've benn any time from when it shut off to a couple of years later, which was when I checked it again. But I turned it on, and it opened! I was almost bouncing off the walls! But I checked my pokemon, and I lost all the pokemon in my party:(, all except MissingNo.! I guess it was more of 'M' ruining it than MissingNo. saving it, but still! It counts that the only Bird Type in the game was the only thing left in my party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom