• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Professor Oak And Living Dex Challenge- Red, Blue, And Yellow Edition

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Starting tomorrow I'm going to be starting a Professor Oak challenge combined with the Living Dex challenge. For those of you who don't know what these challenges are let me explain for you, the Professor Oak challenge is a challenge in which you must catch and evolve all available Pokemon for challenging a gym. While the Living dex challenge is having 1 of every pokemon in an evolutionary line for example I'd have to catch 2 caterpie and 1 metapod, with one of the caterpie becoming a butterfree. I plan on doing this for every pokemon game that this is possible in, which includes every main line game, the gamecube games, dream radar, and potentially the mystery dungeon games and rumble games. I'm also going to be adding nuzlocke rules for this challenge by that I mean if a pokemon faints I gotta release it and catch another to begin training it again, and I know normally in a nuzlocke its 1 pokemon per route. With that out of the way I'm going to ask those of you interested in this what game would you want me start with and what names would you want the pokemon to be named as I catch them

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
i'm doing it with 3 games possibly 4 if i can get green but thanks lol, any you want to see first as in which game?

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Update 1- 4 hours in

When I stopped for the night my in game time was 3 hours and 45 minutes during that time I had captured and evolved the following pokemon
1. Got a Charmander named Natsu and evolved him into Charmeleon at level 16 after fighting the rival on route 22
2. caught 2 Caterpie and 1 Metapod their names are Larvara, Coccon Leo, and Mothra
3. a Weedle named Blaze It, a Kakuna named Suit N Tie, and a Beedrill named B B Benson, with B B Benson Evolving from a Weedle
4. 3 Pidgey named Pretty Bird, Royal Bird, and Fat Bird
5. 2 Rattata name Stuart and Lit Chef
6. 2 Spearow named Not Pidgey and Dearow
7. 2 Pikachu named Zap Mouse and Bolt Mouse
8. 3 Nidoran females whose names are censored, Horn Queen, Horn Lass, Horn Gurl
9. 3 Nidoran males whose names are censored, Horn King, Horn Dude, Horn Boi

This brings the Pokedex entries to 13 and the living dex total to 12

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
update 2- end of the first day

At the end of the first day all but 3 pokemon were evolved to the stages that they needed to be with only horn dude, natsu, and royal bird needing to evolve

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
update 3- after 35 hours and 45 minutes the last pokemon has finished evolving and I received the Boulder Badge from Brock after burning down his gym with Natsu the Charizard, so in recap we have
Charizard- Natsu
Caterpie- Larvara
Metapod- Cocoon Leo
Butterfree- Mothra
Weedle- Blaze It
Kakuna- Suit N Tie
Beedrill- B B Benson
Pidgey- Fat Bird
Pidgeotto- Pretty Bird
Pidgeot- Royal Bird
Rattata- Lit Chef
Raticate- Stuart
Spearow- Dearow
Fearow- Not Pidgey
Pikachu- Zap Mouse and Bolt Mouse
Nidoran Female- Horn Gurl
Nidorina- Horn Lass and Horn Queen
Nidoran Male- Horn Boi
Nidorino- Horn King and Horn Dude

After all of this the number of registered Pokemon is at 21 while the number for the living dex is at 19. Up next I have to catch Pokemon from route 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 24, 25 as well as Mt. Moon and Diglett's Cave, if you want to leave a nickname for any of the Pokemon in these areas feel free to do so and I will continue to update as I continue the journey!

Edit: I almost forgot to put my thoughts on the first part of the Professor Oak Challenge Red Edition which honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. However I almost lost the Living Dex Challenge due to not having enough Pokeballs, one Metapod broke out of the ball while I accidentally caught another Pidgey. I had to sell everything in my bag in order to catch everything leaving me with only a town map but if you do this Challenge I recommend using Brock's Geodude to grind for EXP and letting the Onix KO you. I'd have to say the hardest Pokemon to grind all the way up was Natsu because he would either crit at the last second fainting Onix or Onix wouldn't KO me before I ran out of PP for growl making it to where I had to use Virdian Forest in order to get my last 6 or so levels.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Update 4- After 48 hours and 10 minutes the last Pokemon finished evolving and so I went back to Misty in order to receive The Cascade Badge giving her Pokemon a permanent sleep with Mothra the Butterfree, for this section we have
Ekans- Nope Rope,
Arbok- Hail Kobra
Clefairy- Alien Pokemon
Jigglypuff- Ruth B
Zubat- Zubatman,
Golbat- Golbatman
Oddish- I'm Not Grass,
Gloom- Ugly Shroom, Vileshroom
Paras- two Shroom
Parasect- Lateralias
Diglett- Digger Boy
Dugtrio- Dougtrio
Mankey- Flooferkey,
Primape- Mad Monkey
Abra- Get Me Mew
Kabara- Moustache
Geodude- Living Rock,
Graveler- Best Drummer
Drowzee- Fudge Pants,
Hypno- Hypnotist
Magikarp- Got Own Game
Gyrados- Water Snek
Mr. Mime- Marcel
Farfetched- Dux
Mew- Glitch
Nidoqueen- Horn Queen
Nidoking- Horn King

After all of this the numbered of registered Pokemon is at 48 while the number for the living dex is at 46. Before I tell you what sections I have to conquer next I want to go over 2 things, one being mew while the other being where I grinded for this section. I decided to use the Diglett cave in order to grind up all of the Pokemon which as you can see didn't take to long and I would highly recommend it if you decide to do this challenge for yourself. Now for the problem in the room is mew which can only be obtained through a glitch in Red, Blue, and yellow. I feel like since it is possible to capture mew in the game without using cheats that it was acceptable in order to to complete the living dex half of the challenge. With that out of the way up next I have to catch and evolve Pokemon from Route 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, the Safari Zone, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Tower, and the dreaded Game Corner. If you want to leave a nickname for any of the Pokemon in these areas feel free to do so and I will continue to update as I continue the journey!

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
update 5- after 87 hours and 24 minutes Og dragon evolved into dragonite and I defeated Koga for my third gym badge impaling his Pokemon with Original's horn, for this section we have
Raichu- bolt mouse
Clefable- albion
Wigglytuff- Guild Head
Vileplume- Vileshroom
Venonat- Fuzz ball
Venomoth- Mothma
Psyduck- lucy
Golduck- blue duck
Growlithe- Pupper
Arcanine-Legendary
Poliwag- tadwag
Poliwhirl- whirlpole
Poliwrath- uzumaki
Machop- Chopped
Machoke- Buff Boy
Tentacool- a cool tent
Tentacruel- a cruel tent
Slowpoke- yummy tail
Slowbro- Suh bruh
Doduo- Two’s Company
Dodrio- Threesome
Shellder- shellfish
Cloyster- venerupis
Gastly- Ball Of Gas
Haunter- Van Helsing
Onix- Boulder Boy
Krabby- krabby patty
Kingler- king krab
Voltorb- Pokeball
Electrode- Pocketball
Exeggcute- seed fellas
Exeggutor- coconuts
Cubone- Skull Crawler
Marowak- Bone Marrow
Hitmonchan- jack chan
Lickitung- marc
Rhyhorn- rock rhino
Rhydon- original
Chansey- Nurse
Kangaskhan- poke mama
Horsea- seahorse
Seadra- pygmy
Goldeen- pretty fish
Seaking- tiger fish
Staryu- starfy,
Starmie- twinkle
Scyther- Pray Reaper
Jynx- lola
Tauros- Ben
Lapras- nayru
Ditto- mewthree?
Flareon- Entei
Porygon- Banned
Snorlax- Sumo
Dratini- dragon snek
Dragonair- orochinaga
Dragonite- og dragon

After all of this the numbered of registered pokemon is 104 while the the number for the living dex is at 101 missing charmander, charmeleon, and Eevee. Up next i'm visiting the Pokemon Mansion, the Power Plant, Seafoam Island, and reviving 2 fossil Pokemon. If you want to leave a nickname for any of the Pokemon in these areas feel free to do so and I will continue to update as I continue the journey!

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
update 6- at 93 hours and 3 minutes I defeated Erica in order to receive the Rainbow Badge slamming all of her Pokemon with OG Dragon, for this section we have
Ponyta- bojack
Rapidash- epona
Magenemite- wattson
Magneton- tesla
Seel- andre
Dewgong- gong gong
Grimer- pollution
Muk- biohazard
Koffing- monoxide
Weezing- pesticide
Tangela- rapunzel
Electabuzz- kaminari
Omastar- lord helix
Aerodactyl- adedactyl
Zapdos- elect bird

After all of this the number of registered Pokemon is at 121 while the number for the living dex is at 117 missing Charmander, Charmeleon, Eevee, and Omanyte. Up next is only one Pokemon the Ice Flying Legendary Bird, Articuno.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
update 7- The Professor Oak and Living Dex Challenge is complete with a grand total of 125 registered Pokemon and a Living dex number of 121 with an in game time of 97 hours and 33 minutes, for the final section of Pokemon Red we had
articuno- ice bird
moltres- fire bird
mewtwo- rina

Up next I plan on taking on Pokemon Blue choosing Squirtle as my starter, so if you have any nicknames you want make sure to let me know

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Update 8- I started Pokemon blue choosing Squirtle as my starter, it took a grand total of 27 hours and 28 minutes to drown all of Brock's Pokemon with Leonardo the Blastoise. having caught most of these Pokemon in the Red portion of this challenge I decided to record when I caught the Pokemon and times in which they evolved
Squirtle- 0:03
Wartortle- 2:28
Blastoise- Leonardo- 27:28
Caterpie- 1:47, 2:04
Metapod- 2:02, 7:16
Butterfree- 7:38
Weedle- 2:09, 2:43
Kakuna- 2:19, 7:46
Beedrill- 10:15
Pidgey- 1:45, 1:48, 1:51
Pidgeotto- 12:48, 14:14
Pidgeot- 22:15