• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Pokemon Presents

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m not sure if I’ll watch, or even care what they announce.

Not only do I genuinely don’t care about sinnoh, but the sheer amount of laziness GF has been putting into their products lately means that these supposed remakes are going to be just as low-quality as SwSh.

Until they’ve proven to me that they’ve gotten their act together I’m not giving them a penny, so I really don’t care about it.

Pokémon Legends Arceus looks extremely promising. I like the idea of sneaking around in the wild and catching Pokémon. Seems like a more developed version of wild areas from Sword and Shield.

I am not a fan of the chibi art style for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but it seems Game Freak preserved the content, including the underground, so I'll check them out.

New Pokémon Snap looks absolutely gorgeous, but I need to know its length before buying. The original N64 game was really short.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I have two big takeaways here: One is that obviously the DP remakes are here, which excites me but after the unfinished state of Sword and Shield (which, to be fair, I've still dumped nearly 500 hours into so I did still enjoy them) I hesitate to get TOO hyped. However, it is being developed by ILCA, not Gamefreak, so I have high hopes for a faithful remake with the love and attention they deserve.

The other big takeaway is that I'm... concerned? That the remakes will be Lets Go Pikachu / Eevee style and way too easy for what I want. I like to have a little more meat and difficulty in the games, and the Sinnoh remakes appear to be cute bite-sized experiences a la Lets Go. If they are, I'll still be buying and playing them, but for 40 hours instead of 400.

Overall the presentation was a short one but had what we expected - DP remakes - and something new, the Pokemon Action RPG. Not gonna comment on that, it looks conceptually cool but I need to see more gameplay to make my judgment call on their execution.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm not even a Pokémon fan, but when companies are being lazy, who's to blame the consumer for calling them out on it? If they act that way, they deserve the criticism that gets thrown at them.
So the thing is game freak is patently not lazy, they do the best they can with the time they're allotted and that leads to shoddy craftsmanship and cut corners often
But never lazy, calling devs lazy is extremely offensive given how hard the industry works

Everything was just a play for time so that legends could actually be good and I'm so happy for that
But the fps is a little bit monka

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I was concerned by the unreal engine-lookin trailer with 20 fps animations, too. I know it doesnt release until 2022 but I hope they push it back even a bit more, it looked ROUGH.

Sinnoh remakes, on the other hand, look pretty good and I'm glad for a more "traditional" style coming back which we haven't seen since Gen 6

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Like I said, Diamond and Pearl are on the lower end of the series for me. Not bad, but not amazing either. I’m probably not gonna pick it up. I’m also not thrilled with the Artstyle. It worked with LA because of the games themes of surrealism, in this it just looks off.

PLA has potential,But I noticed that the frame rate looked bizarrely poor. The chingling at the 13:40 mark specifically looked poor.That might be on purpose seeing as how this looks like it’s gonna go for a storybook style, but knowing GF I’m not sure.

Still, we don’t know much about either title, so maybe things will start looking better. Until then I’m gonna have to give these games a pass.

Mikey the Moblin

I was concerned by the unreal engine-lookin trailer with 20 fps animations, too. I know it doesnt release until 2022 but I hope they push it back even a bit more, it looked ROUGH.

Sinnoh remakes, on the other hand, look pretty good and I'm glad for a more "traditional" style coming back which we haven't seen since Gen 6
yeah I'm 100% expecting legends to be delayed, but BDSP (ew lol) will be nothing more than something to waste time on until legends actually comes out
this is a radical shift for game freak and I would be totally down for quick and easy new releases and DLC if it meant every 3 or 4 years was a new Legends game

thePlinko

ZD Legend
So the thing is game freak is patently not lazy, they do the best they can with the time they're allotted and that leads to shoddy craftsmanship and cut corners often
But never lazy, calling devs lazy is extremely offensive given how hard the industry works
They clearly lied about their reasoning for cutting the dex, and every single aspect of the game is low-effort, from the story to the animations. They are quite literally one of the laziest developers on the market right now.

They are in possession of the single best selling media franchise in the world, and youre trying to tell me that they can’t hire a few more people so they can make a better product?

No, I’m not going to stop calling them lazy. I don’t care how “offensive” it is because they’re clearly deserving of that title. The implication that a game developer can’t be lazy is laughable at best.

Mikey the Moblin

They clearly lied about their reasoning for cutting the dex, and every single aspect of the game is low-effort, from the story to the animations. They are quite literally one of the laziest developers on the market right now.

They are in possession of the single best selling media franchise in the world, and youre trying to tell me that they can’t hire a few more people so they can make a better product?

No, I’m not going to stop calling them lazy. I don’t care how “offensive” it is because they’re clearly deserving of that title. The implication that a game developer can’t be lazy is laughable at best.
tell me legends is lazy
do it
put up or shut up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom