• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Art Pokemon: Opal Version *FAN-FIC*

PROLOGUE

Hi, my name's Opal. I live in Goldenseed Town in the Osaka region. I'm 14 years old, and my dream is to become a Pokemon Master; to find every single Pokemon in the world and capture it... and today's the day I get my first ever Pokemon!! I get dressed as fast as I can, brush my teeth, head downstairs, eat breakfast, say goodbye to my mom ("Have fun, honey!"), and speed out the door. As I head to Professor Evergreen's Lab, I encounter my arch nemesis: Mercury. He's the biggest jerk in all of Osaka!! We've been rivals since we were kids, and he's so mean to everyone!! I walk past him into his aunt's lab. Professor Evergreen isn't in there! I walk back outside, and start to leave town to look for Prof. Evergreen, and just as I'm about to step into the tall grass, someone screams, "WAIT!!" I turn around, and someone puts their hand on my shoulder. It's Professor Evergreen!!

"I'm so glad I caught up to you before you left!" She's panting and out of breath. "Follow me back to my lab." We walk back to her lab and inside. Mercury's already inside, waiting. I turn my head and cross my arms, nose high in the air.

"Today's the big day, you two. Today's the day you'll be choosing your partners that'll follow you on your journeys through Osaka!!" Professor Evergreen says.

"Hey, wait, where's--" Mercury starts. Suddenly, the door bursts open, and Amethyst bounds into the room. "Sorry I'm late you guys!!" She's panting.

"Nevermind." Mercury turns back to Prof. Evergreen. "Continue?"

"Anyways, like I was saying, it's time to choose your Pokemon!!" She turns to the table next to her. On it are three red-and-white balls. One of those PokeBalls holds my new Pokemon!!

"Opal, you choose first." Professor Evergreen nods when I look up at her in astonishment. I look down at the table. There are cards that have each Pokemon's name on them, in front of their respective PokeBall. The left one reads, "Shrubba," the center one, "Quinna," and the right one, "Tinoji." Shrubba is Grass-type, Quinna is Fire-type, and Tinoji is Water-type. Mercury stand to my left, Amethyst to my right. We look at one another, nod, and pick up a PokeBall.

TO BE CONTINUED....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Osaka region, home to Opal, Mercury, and Amethyst!! This new fan-fic of mine is based on ideas and things I created myself years ago, and I just found it not too long ago. So, I decided to make it a story on ZeldaDungeon/PokemonDungeon!! I hope you enjoyed this little prologue, and be on the look-out for more to come!! ;)

~Linkanon :pikachu: :pokeball: :wynaut:

I hope Tinoji is cool like every water starter. I'm a fan already of your story!

Thanks for reading and complimenting!! ^^ Tinoji is a fish-like Pokemon when it starts out, but it's evolutions are 10x cooler than it's basic form. I won't give too much out, but they represent different types of fish, mostly swordfish. If I'm giving info on one starter out, I might as well give out info on the other two; Quinna is a... something, I really don't know what, in it's basic form, like a fox Pokemon in it's 1st stage, and I'm not really sure about the 2nd stage (I have the first 40 Osake Pokemon drawn :P). Shrubba has a leaf-shaped head, and a small body in it's basic stage. In it's first stage, however, it's got two leaves that look like ears on the top of it's head, as well as vines coming out of it's back (for use in moves such as Vine Whip). In it's 2nd stage, it has 3 leaves on the top of it's head, two ear-like ones, one taller one. It also has one normal vine with a leaf on the end, the right one, and the left one looks like a Venus Fly Trap sort of. That's all I'm giving out for now (it's kind of alot.... oops. :P XD), keep checking often for more comments/chapters!! :)

~Linkanon :wynaut: :pikachu: :pokeball:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Cool story, bro. :P No, I don't say that because of that funny saying, :lol: but because it's a cool story, though short; it left me wanting to read more and see what happened. The best part is that you have some of these Pokemon drawn, so I hope you also show them, just to kill my curiousity. ~Atsuma

CHAPTER 1: The Beginning of a Journey To Become a Pokemon Master

"Opal, you choose first." Professor Evergreen nods when I look up at her in astonishment. I look down at the table. There are cards that have each Pokemon's name on them, in front of their respective PokeBall. The left one reads, "Tinoji," the center one, "Quinna," and the right one, "Shrubba." Tinoji is Water-type, Quinna is Fire-type, and Shrubba is Grass-type. Mercury stand to my left, Amethyst to my right. We look at one another, nod, and pick up a PokeBall.

Mercury picks up to PokeBall to my left, and Amethyst picks up the one to my right. My hand is on the middle one.

Professor Evergreen nods. "I thought you all would choose those. Your personalities show it: Tinoji is the strong, silent type, just like Mercury here. Opal is the kind, strategic one, like Quinna. Amethyst and Shrubba are the kind and playful ones." She laughs. "You all will do just fine on your journies."

Prof. Evergreen turns around and picks up 3 devices laying on a table, and holds them out to each of us. "These are PokeDex's. I want you to take them with you on your joyrneys and record every Pokemon you see." We each take one and look at it. It's rectangular and looks like a Nintendo GameBoyAdvance sort of. I have one of those... they're so cool!!

Professor Evergreen also hands us five PokeBalls each. "These are to catch more Pokemon with. First, weaken the wild Pokemon, then throw a PokeBall at it. If it doesn't work, weaken it a little more, then try again. It helps to paralyze it or put it to sleep."

"Thanks, Auntie." Mercury takes the PokeBalls and walks off, out the door, to start his journey.

"Here you go, Amethyst." Professor Evergreen hands Amethyst her PokeBalls.

"Thanks, Professor!" Amethyst skips off.

"And finally, here, Opal." She hands me the remaining 5 PokeBalls in her hand. "Before you go.... I know Mercury can be a pain sometimes. But you two will have to work together eventually."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You'll find out soon enough, Opal...." The Professor looks away at the rest of her PokeDex's on her desk. "You'll find out soon enough."

"Well... thanks, Professor Evergreen. I've been waiting for this day my whole life! I finally get to start my Pokemon journey!"

"Good luck on your journey, Opal!" Professor Evergreen waves goodbye.

"Thanks!" I wave back and smile as I run out the door.

I walk slowly and cautiously through the tall grass, because that's where wild Pokemon hide, and in case I run into one, I want to be prepared. So far, nothing. In fact, I make it to the town up the road without running into any Pokemon, or anybody, on the trail.

The city up the road is called Riverrock Town. I look at my map I grabbed from home before I left and said goodbye to my mom after leaving Professor Evergreen's Lab. After Riverrock is Highshore City, where my first Pokemon Gym is. The Gym Leader is named Peter, and he used Rock-type Pokemon. I can't wait to battle him!

I go into town and walk by the Pokemon Center, where you heal your Pokemon, and the PokeMart, where you buy supplies and medicine for your Pokemon. I walk out of town and onto the trail to Highshore City: The Town By the Sea.

Get ready Peter... here I come!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 1 of Pokemon: Opal!! I know it was short, but I'm having writer's block right now... I'll make Chapter 2 much better, I promise!! :) But anyways, please Comment your thoughts and stuff, and I'll see you guys in Chapter 2!! ;)

~Linkanon :wynaut: :pikachu: :pokeball:

EDIT: I apologize, because I had a reply to you, Atsuma, but it got erased when I edited this, and it got connected to this post, and yadda yadda yadda, and now it's gone. So I apologize. :(

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Haha, that's fine, don't worry about it, Linkanon. :P And yeah, that was short but not that short, really. Peter better be ready for Opal.

Haha, that's fine, don't worry about it, Linkanon. :P And yeah, that was short but not that short, really. Peter better be ready for Opal.

I have no idea where the name Peter came from... I think it might be PEwTER City in Kanto?? Maybe, idk. It just kinda came to me, but we'll stick with Pewter City. :P

You really think so? I thought it was really short. :/ Whatever ^^

CHAPTER 2: Peter of Highshore City

The sign on my left reads, "Route 2." I pass through the first few patches of tall grass easily, with no disturbances. Professor Evergreen warned me of those before I left. She said wild Pokemon hide in there, and can jump out at any moment. In the middle of the route, I ran into the tall grass. I almost made it out, then I heard a noise behind me. A Pokemon was standing there!!

I grabbed my PokeBall. "Go, Quinna!" I threw the PokeBall, and out popped Quinna.

I took out my PokeDex. It said the other Pokemon was an Eevee. This Eevee looked different. It had a dark patch of hair in front of it's face, different from the Eevee in the PokeDex. I slid the it into my pocket. "Quinna, Flamethrower!!" Quinna looked up at me.

"Err... Ember!" Quinna turned her head. "Bite? Swift? WATER GUN?!"

Quinna played around on the ground. "Uhh... Tackle??"

Quinna got up, turned around to face the Eevee, and pounced onto it. The Eevee fell to the ground, then it stood up and ran away. "Dang it!" I sighed. "Good job, though, Quinna." I took out Quinna's PokeBall and threw the PokeBall at her. She ran out of the way.

"Come on, Quinna. In your PokeBall." I threw it again. Quinna dodged once more. This went on for long over five minutes, then I finally gave up and said, "Alright, fine, you can walk along with me."

We walked down Route 2, on the way to Highshore City. But before we exited the final patch of tall grass, another Eevee popped out of the darkness! I looked at it's tuft of hair above it's eyes... it was the same Eevee!!

"Go, Quinna! Tackle!" This time, Quinna grabbed the Eevee as she tackled it. I grabbed an empty PokeBall off my belt, and threw it at the Eevee. Quinna backed up quick enough for the PokeBall to make contact with the Eevee. The PokeBall captured the Eevee, and it shook around as I awaited for it to be captured.

I swear, several hours passed, before I heard the "click!" of the PokeBall, as Eevee was caught!!

"Y-yes!!" I punched the air with my fist. "I caught... an Eevee!!" I ran around in circles, so excited that I caught my first Pokemon.

As I stopped to rest, I noticed Quinna was panting also. "What's wrong, Quinna?" She looked like she was about to pass out. "Quinna!!" She blacked out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Quinna? Quinna?! Quinna!!" Quinna's eyes opened slightly as I ran her to the nearest Pokemon Center I could find.

The lady at the desk stood there happily. "Hello, welcome to the Pokemon Center, would you like to rest your-"

"My Quinna!" I interrupted. "I don't know what happened to her, I battled an Eevee, and I caught it, and Quinna didn't get hurt, but then I caught the Eevee, and then I ran around in circles, so happy and stuff, and then Quinna passed out, and... please, can you help her?!"

The Nurse's eyes were open wide. "Uhm.... Let me see what I can do. Chansey!" A big, pink Pokemon walked out of the room behind the lobby. "Chansey!"

"This is Chansey. She'll take your Quinna." The Nurse smiled. "By the way, I'm Nurse Joy."

"I'm Opal." I handed Chansey my Quinna, cautiously.

"Pleasure to meet you, Opal. Could we please have Quinna's PokeBall?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Ok, sure." I grabbed Quinna's PokeBall and handed it to Nurse Joy. I also handed her Eevee's PokeBall. "Could you heal my Eevee too, please? I think it got damaged in the battle."

"Sure thing! You can wait in the lounge area, over there." As Nurse Joy turned around to follow Chansey, I stopped her.

"Oh, and one more thing! Quinna doesn't like being in her PokeBall.... I just don't want her to be uncomfortable, you know?"

Nurse Joy nodded and walked off. I sat down in the lounge area, head in hands, worried to death about Quinna.

It felt like forever out in the lobby, before a boy walked in, he looked about twenty.

Nurse Joy came back out, and they talked for a minute. Then, the boy handed her three PokeBalls.

He came and sat down in the lounge area with me.

"Hey, there." he said.

"Oh... hi." I slightly turned my head to acknowledge him being there.

Silence.

"I'm sorry... I'm just really worried about my Pokemon. She blacked out right after a battle with an Eevee, but she didn't even take any damage. I'm really worried about her...."

"Oh, that's alright. I'd be worried, too. Has she ever fought any battles before?"

I shook my head.

"Then your Quinna's just in shock from it's very first battle! There's nothing to be worried about."

I sat up. "Really?"

"You betcha!"

I smiled. "Thanks!! My name's Opal... nice to meet you."

Nurse Joy came out of the back, and nodded at the boy to come to the desk.

He stood up and walked over to the desk. "My name's Peter. I'm the Gym Leader of Highshore City... you should come down to my Pokemon Gym some time. I'd like to see how you and your Quinna battle together. I can already start to see the bond you two have. You really care for your Pokemon a lot. I'll see you soon."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After at least another hour, Nurse Joy finally came out of the back room again... this time with Quinna in her arms!! I ran up to the desk.

"Your Quinna is fine. She was just in shock from her very first battle!" Nurse Joy lay her down on the desk. She slowly opened her eyes. "Qui?"

"Oh-h, Quinna!!" I picked her up and hugged her.

"What took so long is that she took a nap after she was all better! She was really tired!" Nurse Joy chuckled.

I laughed with her. "Thank you so much, Nurse Joy. I don't know what I would have done without you!" I smiled.

"Here's your Eevee, too." Nurse Joy handed me Eevee's PokeBall. "You should visit the Pokemon Gym and the Name Rater's house during your visit to Highshore City."

"Who's the Name Rater?" I asked.

"Oh, he rates your Pokemon's nicknames. He can also legally change their names. It's his profession."

"Oh... well my Pokemon don't have nicknames. I guess I should come up with some before I leave Highshore then!"

"Oh, there's a Name Rater in every town! The same with me and my sisters, and the sheriff of this town, Officer Jenny! See, I have tons of sisters, all named Joy, all over Osaka, in each town! So does Officer Jenny! I'm the youngest in our family." Nurse Joy smiled.

"Wow! That's really cool!" I smiled back.

"So what are you going to call your Pokemon?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Well...." I looked at Quinna, in my arms, cuter than anything I'd ever seen before. "I think I'll call you... Quinn." Quinna smilled and nodded. "I'll call Eevee... Eve!"

"I love those names!" Nurse Joy smiled. "You know, I've always wanted to go on a Pokemon adventure, across the region... but I work here. My sisters and I have to work, even if I'm only 17."

I heard a door open behind me, and... Nurse Joy walked in?!

"Oh, Joy! Mom sent me!" Nurse Joy from the door said.

"What did she need?" Nurse Joy from the desk said.

"Since I haven't been able to find a job, she said to trade with you!" Door-Joy said.

"What?!" Desk-Joy exclaimed.

"She knew how much you wanted to travel Osaka, and she said as long as your traveling with someone else, she's okay with it!"

Desk-Joy looked at me.

I looked down at Quinn. She nodded and smiled. "Joy, would you like to come with me on my Pokemon adventure?"

Desk-Joy jumped up and down in excitement. "Of course, of course, of course!! Let me grab my things, and I'll be right with you!!" She ran off into the back.

When she came back out, I nearly had a nose-bleed. She was wearing a t-shirt that only covered half of her torso, shorts that were shorter than I'd ever seen, and she looked... stunning. I covered my nose with one hand. I noticed a dot of blood on my glove as I took my hand away.

"Uhh... sh-should we, uhh... g-go then??" I asked.

"Sure!" Hot- -- Er, Desk-Joy, I meant!! I meant, Desk-Joy, said!!

"See you later, sis!" Door-Joy waved goodbye.

We walked out the door into the sunlight.

"So what're we gonna to do first?" Joy asked.

"Well... I was hoping to go to Peter's Gym before I left, obviously. So you wanna head there first?"

"Ok!"

So Joy and I walked together to the Highshore City Gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 2 of Pokemon: Opal!! Be sure to Like and Comment your thoughts, what I should do better, what I did great on, all that jazz, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter! ^^ :)

~Linkanon :pokeball: :pikachu: :finn:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The name Peter I got from your phrase: Get ready Peter, here I come. I dunno why you mentioned that, I thought he was like the gym leader in Highshore city or something. And by reading this new update you made, it is confirmed that my thought was correct.

The name Peter I got from your phrase: Get ready Peter, here I come. I dunno why you mentioned that, I thought he was like the gym leader in Highshore city or something. And by reading this new update you made, it is confirmed that my thought was correct.

I walk slowly and cautiously through the tall grass, because that's where wild Pokemon hide, and in case I run into one, I want to be prepared. So far, nothing. In fact, I make it to the town up the road without running into any Pokemon, or anybody, on the trail.

The city up the road is called Riverrock Town. I look at my map I grabbed from home before I left and said goodbye to my mom after leaving Professor Evergreen's Lab. After Riverrock is Highshore City, where my first Pokemon Gym is. The Gym Leader is named Peter, and he used Rock-type Pokemon. I can't wait to battle him!

I go into town and walk by the Pokemon Center, where you heal your Pokemon, and the PokeMart, where you buy supplies and medicine for your Pokemon. I walk out of town and onto the trail to Highshore City: The Town By the Sea.

Get ready Peter... here I come!!

I already mentioned that he was the Gym Leader... I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong, but I'm pretty sure you meant I never said that Peter was the Gym Leader. I put the parts where I mentioned it in bold. :)

EDIT: I just re-read that. What I meant was that I have no idea where I came up with the name, I apologize. :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I understand now. :P It appears we both confused each other, lol. But yeah, I was just suggesting that Peter (the gym leader) better had been ready. And you then confused me with your response in which you were telling me that you had no idea how the name came to you, and I took that as you telling me that you had no idea who I was talking about.

But I am glad you and I are on the same page now. lol

I understand now. :P It appears we both confused each other, lol. But yeah, I was just suggesting that Peter (the gym leader) better had been ready. And you then confused me with your response in which you were telling me that you had no idea how the name came to you, and I took that as you telling me that you had no idea who I was talking about.

But I am glad you and I are on the same page now. lol

Lol, it's good we understand each other now. XD Chapter 3 should be out soon, btw. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom