• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon of the Month: November - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Hey guys, there's a new thing that we want to start doing at Pokemon Dungeon: Pokemon of the Month.

Each month we will be featuring a Pokemon that is used competitively. With this feature we will have a full length article where we will talk about everything that we possibly can about that Pokemon. The actual format will be decided upon in the near future.

Now, what we need from you guys are some nominations for the Pokemon to be featured. The Pokemon that you nominate can be any Pokemon, as long as you can provide a competitive reason for this Pokemon to be featured. We want the featured Pokemon to be one that people can use in their competitive strategies or to know how to defeat them. So, go ahead and post in here which Pokemon you feel should be featured!

In a week or so, we'll have another thread for voting on the Pokemon of the Month.

So, nominate away!

I'm going to nominate Mienshao. It's been a long time since I've played any form of competitive pokemon, so long that when I was playing Mienshao was called Kojondo. But unless there have been any drastic changes to the meta, Mienshao was a very good lead due to certain moves such as U-turn, Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick...etc. It also has some very good base stats in Attack and Speed to top it off too.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Flygon: A rather underused Pokemon that can be very versatile to those who want to fool their opponents. Since Flygon holds a more incognito role in the metagame nowadays with the emergence of other dragons, and the bolstering of older dragons players dont even know the typing of the dragon anymore. Flygon also has a great movepool to choose from which can replace certain team's fire, ice, or electric Pokemon and still have Flygon dealing decent damage. He has good STAB usage in Earthquake and Dragon Claw and can even use Outrage effectively. His Speed is very good, and he can deal out very considerable damage with Life Orb and play a bulkier role with Roost, Leftovers, and employ a Toxic stall moveset. With access to U-Turn, Fire Blast, Thunderpunch and more, Flygon is a very under-rated Pokemon that can still handle the newer Generation V mon's.

I nominate Dragonite because he was the best dragon type Pokemon until Ruby and Sapphire, and is still used by me in every Pokemon game I play.

I nominate Dodrio ^.^ It's silly and fun, yet when used correctly can prove very effective in battle as well. Two heads are better than one, yes? Try three :P Dodrio, being a normal and flying type, can learn many unique moves. It can obviously learn some very powerful flying moves, but it can learn many more diverse and unique moves as well, a few that come to mind are toxic, spark, and many others most flying types usually wouldn't easily or possibly learn.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Question: Is this nominations for pokemon competitive in today's meta, or pokemon competitive at any time?

Adam

Undefeated
while it probably won't win, i think butterfree is a great pokemon to have for early gen1 gym battles. confusion can kick serious butt and if butterfree is overleveled and EV trianed then it can be used endgame as well with other psychic moves.

the best competition pokemon may be... a dragon, ice, or fighting type. or gengar. i've got some thinking to do.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I would like to nominate Nidoqueen. Although I still know very little about pokemon in my short experience of playing the games, I still feel like nominating Nidoqueen. Why?

Well first of all, she's of the poison/ground type. Although belonging to two types means more trouble for a pokemon rather than being helpful most of the time, I feel that Nidoqueen is an exception to that. Sure, she may be weak to water, psychic, ground and Ice, but she's strong against poison, grass, fighting, rock, and bug type, and she is unaffected by Electric attacks. She makes up for her weaknesses with her poison point ability, which can very much poison just about any pokemon. That poison gift alone is like an extra attack. Besides all that, Nidoqueen is blessed with great strength and defense and can take a good regular hit, just like other tank pokemon can. And she's one beautiful pokemon too, she's got big ears, plates running down her back, a tough body with a neat dragon-like tail that tells opponents: You don't want to mess with me. Nidoqueen has also beautiful colors in either form, shiny or regular, those are blue and yellow, and green and pink. She also has a neat cry, to my liking at least. Moreover, to evolve, she requires the moonstone, a stone I find rather beautiful and intriguing, just like Nidoqueen herself. And finally, this lovely pokemon can also use Giga Impact and Hyper Beam, two moves with 150 Total Power and 90% accuracy.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and I won't say she won't win or get picked, that would just be negative from my part, there is always a possibility that she may, so I submit this nomination hoping that she does. :) ~Atsuma

Volbeat. It's a pokemon most people wouldn't see as useful, but thanks to its dream world ability, Prankster, it really becomes one of the greatest Baton Passer in the game.

Prankster gives +1 priority to all status moves, so Baton Pass, Tail Glow, Substitute, etc. are all given priority. This means they all move first no matter what. Tail Glow is a move exclusive to Volbeat. Not even Illumise, who is Volbeat's female counterpart, can learn it. It raises Sp Atk by 3 stages. That's massive. that doubles the stat, and more. Just once more and you've maximized the amount of times you can raise it. It has a few other moves that Prankster full advantage of. Substitute + Moonlight give Volbeat's major weaknesses and low health/defenses a break, while Volbeat takes the time to Tail Glow while they break down the Substitute. Trick is another move that Prankster really takes advantage of. Give Volbeat a Choice Band and trick it away to an unknowing opponent. It'll force the switch, giving Volbeat an opportunity to get in a free Tail Glow.

When the time is right, after two tail glows and one substitute, baton pass away into a Special Sweeper and you've pretty much won the round for sure. Volbeat does have some major flaws, but a bit of technique is all you need to get over that. He's even better for Sunny Day teams. Moonlight gets even more health back, and he can replace any Sunny Day that was removed.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I will nominate for Magikarp...why?
rage__little_magikarp_by_austerberry-d3712vh.jpg

And it is also cute!

S

SkullduggeryKid

I think it should be Deerling or Sawsbuck in Autumn form. I'm not going to try to explain that...

Adam

Undefeated
I will suggest Haxorus for being even faster than Rayquaza with base stats and perhaps a plusle/minun combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom