• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Number 666

maybe we could have a blackface devil

kind of like Jynx eh?

Ven, I find you to be a likeable hume, but as dubious as Jynx's design may have been, it has come to be believed to be originally based on a Nordic or Viking woman, or a being of Norse mythology known as the Hel, Goddess of the underworld. Some related depictions of her include an opera singer.

Going further, some believe that the being of Japanese mythos known as Yuki-onna (snow woman) or Yamauba—two beings whose physical attributes match those of Jynx—may have served as inspiration for Jynx's design. This appears to coincide with her appearances in those Christmas-themed episodes. Furthermore, this and the above example all seem to fit in line with Jynx's typing (Ice/Psychic). (Also, see ganguro)

(source)

(further reading)

Altogether, it was a massive "whoops" on Game Freak's behalf to have proposed such a design to us "ignerred, unculturrd 'murricans." In any event, her skin tone was altered to a purple hue.

On topic: Please let Sylveon be Pokémon 666...

K

kylesar

Personally, I hope they won't make a Pokemon to allude to the 666 thing
I mean, Pokemon already has religious controversy. A demon Pokemon would crack the religious controversy open, and it already pisses me off that people say Pokemon is demonic. This won't help at all
I like the idea, but the risk may be high

This guy.

View attachment 33848

Definitely this guy.

Most of you have probably read this, but here it anyways. There will always be these people. Satanism in Pokemon

I say this as a dedicated, committed Christian: that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Thankfully, I think Pokemon is mostly past all that (and how many of us have sacrificed our siblings to Almighty Pikachu? No one? Oh, okay). Anyway, it's probably in Nintendo's best interest to avoid any demonic or satanic influences for Pokemon #666. Who knows, it could reignite the whole "Pokemon is occult!" controversy, and really, who wants that?

patrickthe8

The Last Onion Knight
This guy.

View attachment 33848

Definitely this guy.

I say this as a dedicated, committed Christian: that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Thankfully, I think Pokemon is mostly past all that (and how many of us have sacrificed our siblings to Almighty Pikachu? No one? Oh, okay). Anyway, it's probably in Nintendo's best interest to avoid any demonic or satanic influences for Pokemon #666. Who knows, it could reignite the whole "Pokemon is occult!" controversy, and really, who wants that?

Yeah, it seems lately that there has been considerably less controversy over Pokemon. (except for PETA making that stupid game -_-) I still know someone who`s cousin is not allowed to play Pokemon because it goes against their beliefs, but those people seem to be harder to find.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have no idea what the Pokemon will look like, and I certainly believe it will have nothing to do with the triple six mark. I am, however, eager to see all the new Pokemon, not just this one that's gonna get this number. :cool:

masterSword2

Smile!
I hope they go all out with it and make it as obvious as possible that they are taking inspiration from it's number. At the same time though, I don't want to give the crazies even more reason to prevent their kids from playing Pokemon. I'd much rather have more people be able to enjoy the series than us get a cool design. Even if the group of people that would react to this is small, I still want as many people as possible to be able to play the series.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Let's be completely honest here.

The lunatics hate Pokemon.

The lunatics hate technological development.

The lunatics hate the number 666.

No matter what, they're gonna have merry hell with this, so why try and appease them?

As of now, we now know that Nintendo is actually going to do it: a Pokemon number 666. I've been thinking of what this will be for a while, since the release of the alternate Mew form. Nintendo could do many things with Pokemon 666. Here's my theory. The typing should be a Fire/Dark dual-type. In Gen II we received the first Fire/Dark dual-types: Houndour and Houndoom. My idea for Pokemon 666 is that it should be an evolution for Houndoom. Now, I don't have a concept picture to show my idea but it goes like this.

The pokemon's name is Houndeath. It's identical to Houndoom except slightly larger and he has three heads, similar to Creberus from Greek Mythology. If anyone has an idea of what this pokemon would look like, post it to this thread. Also, let me know what you think Pokemon 666 should be.

I agree with ShadowofTimes theory on the subject. However I was thinking that the Pokemon NOT be a pre/post evolution from any of the previous pokemon but a single pokemon all together(much like Mew or Mewtwo).

I myself don't have any concept art(primarily due to having the worst drawing skills). But my thoughts are(as mentioned) have a three-headed dark/fire type dog pokemon. As for the looks, it's be much like a cross between Growleth/Arcanine and Houndour/Houndoom.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
That's a great idea. Although, if you're going to make a big deal about this, I would think they should make a brand new Pokemon instead of adding an evolution.

M

MajorasRage

Game Freak has their fun with the numbers. Spiritomb was made up of 108 evil spirits, and he was 108 in the Sinnoh dex. I'd be shocked if they didn't make some kind of reference to "the beast" but I doubt they would to Satan himself. It'll probably be a quadrupedal dark type, I really like the idea of Houndeath, but I think it would be even cooler if it was an evolution for Absol. Absol is Disaster Pokemon, so the Beast Pokemon isn't that far off. Absol is a Dark type, and it's base stats are low enough that they could actually give it an evolution, preferably with more bulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom