• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Number 666

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
As of now, we now know that Nintendo is actually going to do it: a Pokemon number 666. I've been thinking of what this will be for a while, since the release of the alternate Mew form. Nintendo could do many things with Pokemon 666. Here's my theory. The typing should be a Fire/Dark dual-type. In Gen II we recieved the first Fire/Dark dual-types: Houndour and Houndoom. My idea for Pokemon 666 is that it should be an evolution for Houndoom. Now, I don't have a concept picture to show my idea but it goes like this.

The pokemon's name is Houndeath. It's identicle to Houndoom except slightly larger and he has three heads, similar to Creberus from Greek Mythology. If anyone has an idea of what this pokemon would look like, post it to this thread. Also, let me know what you think Pokemon 666 should be.

Kirino

Tatakae
I guess it would be cool to make an evil looking or demonish Pokémon for this superstition. Maybe some sort of evil Pokémon? I guess I can see some people getting upset, though, so maybe not.

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
One of my friends online said that as a joke, nintendo should make Pokemon 666 look like some super cute furball thing just to mess with superstition. He said that it should include the moves "Judgement" and "Punishment". Regardless fo what it looks like, Pokemon 666 should probably include these to moves.

I guess it would be cool to make an evil looking or demonish Pokémon for this superstition. Maybe some sort of evil Pokémon? I guess I can see some people getting upset, though, so maybe not.

Fun fact: Dark-type is known as "Evil-type" in the original Japanese version...

Pokémon 666 is an interesting concept to consider. While I am uncertain if it'll be a demonic Pokémon, I am sure that it'll be ironic, to say the least, given its numbering. I'd find it hilarious if it turned out to be the total opposite of what people were expecting—a cutesy fairy type thing...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think that's a great idea! It'd be nice to have something demonic for the number 666. However, a lot of people might get upset about it, so it'd have to be done so as not to make too much of a Satan reference. But, if done right, they could do something really cool with it, and it sounds like an awesome idea!

ShadowsofTime

The Hidden Triforce God
Hey, if things go right, they have no choice but to do something really cool for Pokemon 666. Then again, if Gen VI follows any of the other games, 666 will most likely end up becoming a bug-type or a flying-type. That's the way it went in Gens I-V. But hey, we can only hope that for once, Nintendo breaks away from the Pokemon formula just long enough to make something both incredibly awesome and incredibly epic.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It should be Satan type. They should also have Jesus type. Jesus type always 1HKOs the Satan type.

I lol'd. :P

It's an interesting concept to consider, but I doubt the Pokémon company would make such a Pokémon relating to the devil. Concepts of death are somewhat understandable, especially for Dark types, but I doubt they'd make a Pokémon that has almost a direct correlation to the devil. An evolution of Houndoom would make sense, but with our luck we'll get a cute, furry Pokémon for number 666.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
But... But Pokémon are already demonic :P:
[video=youtube_share;JtmWU0Mwe7E]http://youtu.be/JtmWU0Mwe7E[/video]

But in all seriousness I think it's a great idea, they could make it something superstitious and demonic for the game (seriously, it's just a game people). I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My vote is for a possibly human type named "Carpathiachu" or "Nikolaion."

You know, for those of us who've read certain books and have since come to like making fun of them. Nevermind that I'm referencing a literary character who might just be the least-effective Antichrist ever... said character would make a better pokemon than a thriller-threat.

(At my old church, the adults let the children of the congregation bring their Gameboys and play Pokemon during the adult service... so, you know, not all religious-types are goofy about this stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom