• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Myths

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
Does anyone remember any myths about some games that were thought true for a while?

For example, everyone always told me that Yellow was a failed game, and that the 1st gym was literally impossible to beat. So, quite a while back, I felt the need to prove everyone else wrong... When one of my friends with Yellow cam over to my house, with the game, I took it from him, and used his lvl 6 Weedle's String Shot repeatedly, restarting every time I died, till I got lucky enough for both his pokemon to only use Harden, and not a single attacking move, until I got their speed low enough to repeatedly use whatever weak attack move it had, until it got killed. Then I used his Onyx with screech and it's attacking move until Brock died... It took forever. His mom made him leave, and I forced him to let me keep the game for the day.

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
Nice story.

I was told that if you shut the game down while saving in Ruby/Sapphire when you turned it back on you would be in a place with a shop that sold rare candies for cheep...
It wasn't true. :(

H

Hëradïn

why didn't you just level up a mankey from the route west of Viridian???

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Nice story.

I was told that if you shut the game down while saving in Ruby/Sapphire when you turned it back on you would be in a place with a shop that sold rare candies for cheep...
It wasn't true. :(
That sounds like someone trying to trick you into corrupting your save game.

When I think Pokemon "Myths" I immediately think of the Mew under the truck in R/B. I also remember a myth in my Fire Red. I read on the internet that if you had four badges, no more, no less, you could talk to someone in Oak's lab, and he'd give you a level 40 Groudon. I was extremely gullible at the time, and I started over my game. I was at the Pokemon League. Much to my dismay, that professor had no Groudon to give.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
-Hi fives your title-

I once heard that you can get Team magma into D/P and make Stark Mountain erupt and wipe out Sinnoh. But you needed a level 10 Groudon, Only Groudon in your party, you had to have no pokemon in boxes and be exactly at 29:56 hours. I luckily had a friend with AR, and he gave me a level 10 Groudon. Then, it told me to wait at Heatran until it is 29:56 and then Team Magma will come and stress Heatran out, and then Stark Mountain would rumble. Then, there was no way out because there was a rock slide and blocked the entrance, but you would be save and could fly out the volcano.

Turns out it was fake...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
//shot
I know this is an old thread, but I've heard a theory/myth that in Pokemon Blue Missingno is actually Kangaskhan.
The myth is that when the mother Kangaskhan dies her baby takes her skull and wears it becoming a Cubone.
Cubone evolves into Marowak and was "suppose" to evolve into Kangaskhan, but it's said that the game developers decided not to let that happen.
So Marowak's evolution "Kangaskhan" would eventually become a Missingo, and when you level it up to I believe level 40, It is said to evolve into Kangaskhan.
It has yet to be proven, but many people believe it's false.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom