• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Magma Ruby/Aqua Sapphire

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Yeah this isn't all that impressive, I recently found my copy of Sapphire and it looks largely similar, so I would prefer to play my trusty GBA version than to play a ROM hack or whatever this is. Truth be told though I wouldn't mind a remake, however it would have to be a significant improvement to the gameplay and graphics, if it's just going to be largely similar visual wise then I would have no motive in buying it. Even though it may be too soon, I do see this remake coming in the next 2 years or so.

There are more things beside graphical enhancements, theres new music and new scripting and things.

A faithful remake, no different from the other remakes.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There are more things beside graphical enhancements, theres new music and new scripting and things.

A faithful remake, no different from the other remakes.
Hmm though this wouldn't be a selling point in my opinion, say if this game were to be advertised as the new 3rd gen remake then I highly doubt "new scripting" and "new music" would draw in a substantial amount of sales. I would only buy or play the remake if it had a noticeable improvement in visuals, gameplay and adding of content.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Hmm though this wouldn't be a selling point in my opinion, say if this game were to be advertised as the new 3rd gen remake then I highly doubt "new scripting" and "new music" would draw in a substantial amount of sales. I would only buy or play the remake if it had a noticeable improvement in visuals, gameplay and adding of content.

That's typically what a remake is. GFX improvements, new scripts etc.

So again, there's no difference. You have a moot point.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
That's typically what a remake is. GFX improvements, new scripts etc.

So again, there's no difference. You have a moot point.
This game looks incredibly similar to the one that was released around 10 years prior, I see no true upgrade in graphics to be honest. The reason why the likes of the remakes of Gen 1 and Gen 2 were "highly" successful was due to the vast noticeable improvement. Now let's say if this were to hit the market... How effective would a "slight" improvement in graphics be with new scripting etc.? In my opinion it would be a bad business idea. Gen three is still accessible to do this day, it may be decreasing but a lot of people have reasonably cheap and easy access to the game. Plus there is also the fact that one can transfer Pokemon over to the 4th and 5th gen from the original game.

Putting all this into account I see no benefit or motive to get this game. As I said before, I still think there will be a remake but I give it around two years or so, and if it were to be released I would expect a big improvement in visuals, content and gameplay.

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
This game looks incredibly similar to the one that was released around 10 years prior, I see no true upgrade in graphics to be honest. The reason why the likes of the remakes of Gen 1 and Gen 2 were "highly" successful was due to the vast noticeable improvement. Now let's say if this were to hit the market... How effective would a "slight" improvement in graphics be with new scripting etc.? In my opinion it would be a bad business idea. Gen three is still accessible to do this day, it may be decreasing but a lot of people have reasonably cheap and easy access to the game. Plus there is also the fact that one can transfer Pokemon over to the 4th and 5th gen from the original game.

Putting all this into account I see no benefit or motive to get this game. As I said before, I still think there will be a remake but I give it around two years or so, and if it were to be released I would expect a big improvement in visuals, content and gameplay.

Judging from what you say, GEN 1 and 2 are pointless. While GEN 2 remake did bring a ton of improvements, GEN 1's remake did not, in fact I know many people who would agree that the first set of remakes were garbage--which they were.

A remake is created for these exact purposes; Graphical enhancements. Remixes. Same plot, same battle system. That's been the tradition with GF and their remakes. So again.,..you're making moot points.

The same things you're saying could be said about GF.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes are the same. The latter just having remixed music and graphical enhacnements. Same plot. Same system used.

So what you're saying can be essentially said for any remake.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Yep I know. I was just pointing out why remakes are necessary. Many people arent as informed as you and me.

I generally agree, though battery replacement services on ebay are much less than the cost of new software. That said, there's something convenient about being able to play remakes and not have to pull old hardware out.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Judging from what you say, GEN 1 and 2 are pointless. While GEN 2 remake did bring a ton of improvements, GEN 1's remake did not, in fact I know many people who would agree that the first set of remakes were garbage--which they were.

A remake is created for these exact purposes; Graphical enhancements. Remixes. Same plot, same battle system. That's been the tradition with GF and their remakes. So again.,..you're making moot points.

The same things you're saying could be said about GF.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes are the same. The latter just having remixed music and graphical enhacnements. Same plot. Same system used.

So what you're saying can be essentially said for any remake.
I think you still miss the point, the first two remakes had a substantial difference in visuals to the original, the one you showcased was barley noticeable... The only reason I could see the purpose of this remake would for the game to become more accessible (which is a main reason for remakes) however Pokemon Sapphire is still rather easy to obtain and fairly cheap. I doubt a good amount of the Nintendo market would dish out the retail price when they can get the original for much cheaper. The fact that there is no "noticeable" change to the original then it would make the whole process of one buying it redundant.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I think you still miss the point, the first two remakes had a substantial difference in visuals to the original, the one you showcased was barley noticeable... The only reason I could see the purpose of this remake would for the game to become more accessible (which is a main reason for remakes) however Pokemon Sapphire is still rather easy to obtain and fairly cheap. I doubt a good amount of the Nintendo market would dish out the retail price when they can get the original for much cheaper. The fact that there is no "noticeable" change to the original then it would make the whole process of one buying it redundant.

Please tell me where you see a "noticeable" difference. Other than the fact that there's actual color differences with palettes.

drb0ci.png
5x5pg2.png

Then tell me how its any better than this.

5zgoxv.png
33k4v9i.png

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Please tell me where you see a "noticeable" difference. Other than the fact that there's actual color differences with palettes.

drb0ci.png
5x5pg2.png

5zgoxv.png
33k4v9i.png
So wait a change in colour pallete isn't a noticeable change? The significant change in colour pallete as clearly showed in the picture makes the game much more clearer, visuals come to life in colour rather than having bland images. Plus there is more detail to the world and dimensions of objects. The only noticeable change in the 3rd gen comparisons is the dimensions of buildings, funnily enough I prefer the original, in my opinion it looks more detailed but that could just he the quality of the image itself. To be honest this still doesn't change the fact about the accessibility of Pokemon Sapphire, plus the fact that one can efficiently transfer Pokemon over to another game, this was one of the defining reasons for the remake.

What I expect from a Ruby and Sapphire remake is at least be using the game mechanics of Gen V, using Gen IV as a base kinda kills the magic and the purpose of the remake. I think these guys are more than capable of mimicking this on a Gen V game, the work they have done their is evidence of that... but unfortunately if I want a Ruby & Sapphire remake I'd prefer it if Game freak did it.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
To be fair, its still a bit early to judge. I'm sure there will be some new models since the models have to be ripped from the game and reinserted anyway.

I'd say give it more time. I'm sure there will be some things added that will make the remake unique.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

I completely agree here. GBA games in general are still fairly easy to find and purchase, and getting a copy of R/S/E in stores isn't difficult at all. Quite honestly, there weren't too many differences between the regular R/S/E versions and the ROM hack, but you could still see the changes.

tysonchickennuggets said:

I lol'd. Since when has new music and additional scripting EVER been a selling point for a remake? It may attract some people, but it's by no means a prominent selling feature.

drb0ci.png
5x5pg2.png

5zgoxv.png
33k4v9i.png

TBH, it's not fair to compare Gen III to Gen I and its remake. Gen I's remake was necessary, whereas Gen III and its potential remake aren't truly necessary at all.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I completely agree here. GBA games in general are still fairly easy to find and purchase, and getting a copy of R/S/E in stores isn't difficult at all. Quite honestly, there weren't too many differences between the regular R/S/E versions and the ROM hack, but you could still see the changes.

I lol'd. Since when has new music and additional scripting EVER been a selling point for a remake? It may attract some people, but it's by no means a prominent selling feature.

TBH, it's not fair to compare Gen III to Gen I and its remake. Gen I's remake was necessary, whereas Gen III and its potential remake aren't truly necessary at all.

Sure it's necessary, why should I have to purchase an older game made in 2003 just to complete the newly revised Pokedex's of Gen 5 and 6? It's absurd. They would make more sales if they remade R/S simply because people want something new, people want a remake of gen III. While it is possible to transfer pkmn from GEN III through pal park, the fact of teh matter is that I shouldn't have to go buy an old game to FULLY complete a game made 10 years later.

Dafuq?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
haha nurd said:
Sure it's necessary, why should I have to purchase an older game made in 2003 just to complete the newly revised Pokedex's of Gen 5 and 6? It's absurd. They would make more sales if they remade R/S simply because people want something new, people want a remake of gen III. While it is possible to transfer pkmn from GEN III through pal park, the fact of teh matter is that I shouldn't have to go buy an old game to FULLY complete a game made 10 years later.

Dafuq?

Lol, seriously, you're losing me a little bit. If someone was smart enough to complete Pokédexes from previous generations, then they should have the necessary Pokémon required to fill the most recent Pokédex readily available in their most recent game file. People want something new from a game that was made way back in 2003? Seems legit. All they'd really get is revamped graphics with a few technical tweaks made here and there. I mean, that's basically what a remake is. Let's take Ocarina of Time for example; the graphics were improved and a few game mechanics were tweaked, but the majority of the concepts remained the same. If we had to get a remake for Gen III, GameFreak/Nintendo should wait until after the release of X & Y.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom