• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Magma Ruby/Aqua Sapphire

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
For over a year there has been a remake of ruby/sapphire in the mix, a trailer finally being released now. It really does seem official once you see it yourself, it looks very superb. I can't wait until the demo is released on June 10th.

[video=youtube;wZIM_244e3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZIM_244e3s[/video]

Note: These are rom hacks of Pokemon Pearl.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Thanks for getting my hopes up and then crushing them. -_-

Rom hacks are cool and all, but I want the real thing.

I don't really see teh problem. It's a game either way you slice it, just not from Nintendo. But dedicated fans that actually want remakes. How's a "rom hack" any different from GF developing the game?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Eh, I wouldn't expect a remake for Gen III any time soon. If anything, they'd most likely make one after the release of X & Y. Besides, it's not like this ROM hack is any better than what could eventually be a true remake of this generation.

And, also, Spanish... Yeah.... No.....

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I don't understand teh bigoted hate here. "Technical know-how" there's not really much you need to know. Use an emuator or flashcart(the latter which I shall be using).

No one said it would be better, but I'm doubting they'd remake it for 3DS. "Better" is just nonsense because the DS Pokemon games are still good. If people didn't hail gfx over everything else there wouldn't be a problem.

I think it's about time a remake was made, it should have been done a long time ago instead of releasing generation 5 on DS.

The models/maps in the game are edited through 3D model editors, the sprites are original and the music is new. In essence, its a whole new game. A lot of work went into it, making text and models and maps aren't exactly a walk in the park. You don't have to play it, but I won't stand for belittlement of a hack that had a lot of work done on it. I know how tedious and time consuming building games can be.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I've used emulators before, and a backup launcher/softmodded wii for WW...I don't hate rom hacks and I know how much work they are. I tried making one before, and I've tried making games from scratch with RPG Maker, Game Maker, etc. But since I can't read code any better than I can read spanish, I didn't get far. I've never tried putting GBA/DS roms on flashcarts. WW is the only game I did that with, let's face it, DVD disks are easier to find than flashcarts. And I only did that because Dolphin runs slow and won't let me get past the part where Aryll gives you the telescope. I use Visual Boy Advance all the time and it works great.

So the creators of this rom hack, I have nothing against them and give them a thumbs up for what they're doing. I just...would rather have an official remake.

I get having a remake of Generation I, but I thought even II was a bit much. I hope Nintendo doesn't plan yet another pointless remake set.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Not that pointless. We need Gen III pokes for X/Y im sure.

If we get to see Hoenn in 3D, this will be my face:

Happy_Face1.png

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't understand teh bigoted hate here. "Technical know-how" there's not really much you need to know. Use an emuator or flashcart(the latter which I shall be using).

No one said it would be better, but I'm doubting they'd remake it for 3DS. "Better" is just nonsense because the DS Pokemon games are still good. If people didn't hail gfx over everything else there wouldn't be a problem.

I think it's about time a remake was made, it should have been done a long time ago instead of releasing generation 5 on DS.

The models/maps in the game are edited through 3D model editors, the sprites are original and the music is new. In essence, its a whole new game. A lot of work went into it, making text and models and maps aren't exactly a walk in the park. You don't have to play it, but I won't stand for belittlement of a hack that had a lot of work done on it. I know how tedious and time consuming building games can be.

When it comes to remakes, people typically care more about what's improved versus what's simply revisited. People care about improved graphics and old glitches that have been repaired, not the concepts that are left unchanged. Besides, remakes are pointless IMO. If a game is truly good enough, why should it be remade? Especially if they're games as popular as R/S/E.

If people didn't hail remakes all the time, maybe we could get higher quality, NEW games? :right:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah this isn't all that impressive, I recently found my copy of Sapphire and it looks largely similar, so I would prefer to play my trusty GBA version than to play a ROM hack or whatever this is. Truth be told though I wouldn't mind a remake, however it would have to be a significant improvement to the gameplay and graphics, if it's just going to be largely similar visual wise then I would have no motive in buying it. Even though it may be too soon, I do see this remake coming in the next 2 years or so.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
They make remakes of pokemon games because the cartridges get old and bad things happen. They have batteries in them that run out and are next to impossible to replace. For gen 1 and 2, a dead battery makes the game completely unplayable. For ruby, sapphire, and emerald, it stops the internal clock so berries don't grow and etc. It even tells you when you start it up: "the internal battery has run dry. the game can be played. however, time based events will no longer occur." No time based events means you find the feebas water tiles, you get infinite feebases, BUT since berries don't grow, those feebases are doomed to never become milotics.

This can be fixed by using an emulator, which I do now since my ruby's battery kicked the bucket. But yeah...

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Point of order. It's not impossible. In fact, it's a doable procedure for anyone with some soldering skill. YouTube guides are available in abundance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom