• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon: How Do You Raise Your Pokemon?

Some people train them all equally and some not so much.
I train my pokemon like this, First off i raise them equally, the one with the most experience points to the next level goes into battle first until they are raised a level, i repeat this over and over again. It makes a strong team and it is fully balanced. I make sure they are all at the same level, sure this method is harder but it makes a very strong team. i give them all the nutrients to raise each stat to the highest level. only till recently did i discover nature and that has been bugging me.

So how do you raise your pokemon?

jugglaj91

I am me....
Nutrients are bad if you are going into competitive online battling. The way you do it sounds good to me. I may have to try that. I usually just pick a level to get my pokemon to and go. One at a time until they hit the target level.

Jedizora

:right:
Bike around near the entrance of route 10 in white, and wait for rustling grass so I can get that one high EXP pokemon.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Grind for days, even months, until I have an overpowered team. :P My starter Pokemon is always my strongest but I usually have others that are about 10 levels or so weaker than it. I don't even care about all of these other factors, I just KO opponets in one hit.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I usually raise them in tiers. Usually I have two Pokemon at a very high level, about 10-15 levels higher than that of the trainers around me. Then I have two that are 0-5 levels higher than the trainers around me. Finally, I have two newer Pokemon that may or may not be very low in level.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
1. I breed them with the ditto+everstone method for their nature and decent IV's. With legendaries I soft reset until i have the right nature.

2. EV training begins! First I buy Nutrients depending which EV I want to give, this saves me time. Second I use Macho brace & Pokerus to quickly EV train them.

3. I usually stop at level 50, depending if they learn a good move after level 50.

Read this article on Serebii to learn what EV exactly is.

Here you can see a list of nature's and the effects.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I breed them for natures and good IVs, then I EV train them in areas that best suit the moveset I want them to have. Then I train them until I complete that moveset. Then I move on to the next one.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I try not to have my starter become overpowered, I like to keep my team within close level range of each other and I distribute nutrients evenly (or according to strengths and weaknesses) when I come across them. I'm usually a complete nut when it comes to move sets. I like to plan out a varied team with varied movesets and throw in moves that seem unexpected or weird, like my Rapidash in LG that knows Solarbeam, or my Persian with Aerial Ace and Thunderbolt. I train to around level 60, and hoard TMs along the way, waiting in case my 'pokes have a natural move I want them to learn, and then apply the TMs I've picked for them after that point. I've hung back on my older games for a while now, so I'm just starting to pay attention to natures.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Recently got into EV training again. I make sure that their Ev's best suit the moveset that they have and to make time less consuming I give them nutrients. But lately I have been slacking when it comes to training so maybe when school is out I will start up again.

Pen

The game is on!
01. Breed two Pokémon so that I get an egg of the wished Pokémon.
02. Walk around until the egg hatches.
03. Start training the Pokémon from lv. 1.

I do like this because I always like to train a Pokémon since it was very small (like an egg)! :D

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I breed for the best natures, personalities and IVs, depending on the Pokemon. Some I don't bother with IVs and only the natures if I'm not going to use the Pokemon competitively one day. Then I EV train them until they max in the selected stats I've chosen, and then I grind to boost the levels after the EV training is done. I rarely use vitamins, but they save time and I never spend money much anyway, and I'd max out if I didn't.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I breed until I get a nature I want them try and come up with good movesets to pair with that nature. I sometimes pay attention to IV's and EV's but not ALL the ttime.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
I start out with just my starter and the nearest bird pokemon I can find. I train to about lvl 20 for each, then tackle the first gym. Then I go along, getting some good recruits, fighting every trainer I can possibly find, and avoid grass at all costs (The cost is usually dishing out more than half of my money for repels). After the Elite Four, I curse myself every time I get in a trainer battle though...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Basically, what I do is I just have my lowest level Pokemon fight all the trainer battles I get into and then, once it's equal with the highest level Pokemon in my team, I switch to the next weakest, and so on and so forth. If it WAS the very weakest, I don't even bother switching for another Pokemon unless I'm gonna need a different Pokemon of a different type at a higher level soon.

I ignore this rule in Gyms, though, and just let the Pokemon that have/has the biggest advantage over the Gym's type just run rampant and gain several levels in the process (like, if I'm at an Ice gym, I have my obligatory Fire-type run rampant unless it runs into something like a Seel or Lapras that has a secondary type that trumps fire, then I switch to another Pokemon that has an advantage over THAT Pokemon, like, say, an electric type on a Lapras).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom