• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Home info dump

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello

Pokemon Home's inner workings have finally been released.
Notable features:
Trade with people via mobile phone
GTS is in the mobile app
"room trade", which sort of scrambles everyone's pokemon and trades them
"home points" convert into BP at a 30:1 ratio
battle data can be checked from the phone

note that most of these features are available with the free plan, but for full use and ease of access, the payment plan is $3 per month, $5 for 3 months, or $16 for a year.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Well if you do the math getting a 1 month sub for 12 months = $36, the 3 month plan = $20, so $16 for 12 months is the bargain plan.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
How the heck was bank over priced? $5 a year to maintain servers for a service that connects to 8 different games and can pull things from 10 other games, 11 in Japan.
The data size of pokemon files are *miniscule.* Most of the actual data is in the games, the .pkmn file only has info like level, EV/IV, exp, and current moves which are a few lines of code. The amount of needed servers for that is vastly overestimated (also the data could easily be stored locally instead, what a concept!).

This is more than triple the cost, but it does come with some bells and whistles, which is not what I want from the required service to transfer my data.

I in fact find it incredibly suspect that the moment nintendo had an e-shop and the ability to charge for it, they dropped the in-built transferring used from the last few gens.

Mikey the Moblin

pokemon home is out now

1581472585556.png

I haven't bought the premium plan yet, but I have more than enough gold points to buy a month and dump all my pokemon into storage. I think I'll wait until I finally get a copy of Black 2.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
While the features are nice (wonder trading 10 Pokemon at a time sounds like a dream), I'll be passing on this. I've learned after three gens of casually playing the main series games that I like to keep my Pokemon where they're from, simply for the ease of it. I downloaded Bank years ago and never found myself wanting to use it for anything.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
While the features are nice (wonder trading 10 Pokemon at a time sounds like a dream), I'll be passing on this. I've learned after three gens of casually playing the main series games that I like to keep my Pokemon where they're from, simply for the ease of it. I downloaded Bank years ago and never found myself wanting to use it for anything.
That is what I did, all I would do is breed my mons and transfer the offspring if they didn't appear in the regional dex. I might use the free trial to transfer in some Alola forms but that's it.

Quin

Disaster Master
There is no free trail. The least you could get away with it buying for one month and transferring. That free trail thing was for Pokemon Bank, for some reason

Mikey the Moblin

so, on further inspection:
wonder trade and gts are great, and the premium plan letting you trade 10 and 3 at a time respectively is actually really helpful
trading with friends seems to be kind of funky, and room trades straight up have not worked for me at all
I would strongly recommend getting home on your phone just for GTS access alone, but having 200 boxes of storage from the premium plan is also something I really needed. I'm told my pokemon won't disappear if I don't keep buying plans, so I'll just stick to the standard plan until I need more storage or something- essentially I'm planning on paying only a little bit more than pokemon bank on average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom