• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Generations

Which Pokemon Generation was your favorite?

• Generation 1 (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generation 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

• Generation 3 (FR/LG/Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire)

• Generation 4 (Pearl, Diamond, Platinum)

• I like them all equally

• Total voters

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Which Pokemon Generation is your favorite? I'm a bit torn on this - I grew up with the first two mostly, but Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are really nice as well.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Like Alder Dragon, I also grew up with the first two generations. I couldn't decide between the 1st and the 2nd generation because Charmander is my favourite pokemon, but the 2nd generation has the best starters. I chose for the second generation because the pokemon are very creative while not being too much. I hate the third and fourth generation. The pokemon are very uncreative and boring and ugly.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I was torn between the 1st and 3rd generations. The 1st generation was the original and everyone loves an original, but i just think ruby, sapphire and emerald are by far the most superior games. So i had to go with the third generation.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
same with these people
however... i didnt just grow up with only 1 pokemon game, i grew up with:
pokemon gold, ruby, satphire, emrald, leaf green, fire red, xd gale of darkness, pearl, diamond and platnum
like smitie... i also like: pikachu, charmander, charmealeon, charsard, rilou, lucario (top fav.)
i mainly grew up with 2,3 and 4th genoration pokemon games

I love most of the generations, the one I don't really like is the D/P 4th generation. I could never get into it as much. My favorite has to be the second generation. It had a wide variety of unique Pokemon and proved a challenge for the player because there were 16 gyms instead of four. This lead me into my next reason, length.

It's pretty obvious that the second generation was the longest Pokemon game. It may not have a battle frontier type of thing but it defiantly kept you wanting more. I for one had no idea that I would travel to the Kanto region after I beat the Elite Four.

After the second generation it's a tie between the 1st and 3rd generations. The first had the best Pokemon but I felt like the third had a better storyline and a better region to play in. Both kept my playing.

Diamond completely missed the mark for me. The only good things that I can think about it are the Wi-fi capabilities, the starting Pokemon, and the island after the Elite Four.

I'm still waiting for that Gold/Silver remake :).

2nd generation, by far. It had the most imaginative pokemon, it allowed you to go back to the very first region, it had awesome legendary pokemon... It was just the best. I played it for a long time, and I really regret giving away my copy of Crystal.

As for the other generations, the 1st was the best. As much as I like the 3rd and 4th, well, the 1st has them beat on pure originality.

Shnappy

derp
1. D/P/Pt (gen 4): A lot of this one being my favorite comes from Wi-fi interaction. I play it more than the other generations by far.
2. R/B/Y (gen 1): Not much to say. Just gotta love the originals.
3. G/S/C (gen 2): The main reason I loved this gen was because of the 16 gyms. That was awesome, and this was also, I believe the first gen whence I completed one of the games.
4. R/S/E (gen 3): Putting this in last place is ironic because I loved it so much. This actually had better hideouts than gen 4 to be honest. But I just didn't like it as much as the others. It's still great, though.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I grew up with both the first and second generations(like alder and smitie), and, comparing the first one with the second one, G/S/C improved a LOT, and I mean it.
Day/Night features, internal clock, real time events, TWO regions(the new region Johto, and a "futuristic" Kanto), 100 new pokémon, an awesome plot that didn't die after beating the Pokémon league, etc.
After that, came the third generation(R/S/E/Lg/Fr), and I got Ruby the day it came out, and what was my first disapointment?The lack of the day/night system, it was one of the reasons that made it pale in comparison to the second generation. Also, there was only one region, even though it felt slightly bigger than Johto.
Fr/Lg were remakes of the first gen, and I'm not gonna complain much about them, the only thing that really annoyed me was the fact that the Sevii Islands felt so bland, so... I dunno... empty... They could have done a second region like Johto, two years before G/S/C(for those who don't know, G/S/C and D/P/P are two years after the events of R/B/Y and R/S/E), but at least, they tried.

And then, the 4th generation arrived, and it is almost as awesome as the second. Nowadays, I've been playing Platinum, and I really get into it, like it was with G/S/C(wich I sometimes plug into my GBA SP and play for hours:)), and it has an almost nostalgic feeling. Platinum is way above Diamond and Pearl, but even those have a very good plot, and interesting sidequests to do.

I hope you guys agree with me:)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say the 2nd generation with the 1st coming in second. They're the ones I "grew up" with, and in my opinion, had the best pokemon. While, I've never really played the 3rd or 4th generations, I'm basing this on what I know of the pokemon, things availiable in the games, and what other people have said. I may buy Platinum if I can find it, so I'd have a better opinion of at least the 4th generation, but this is where I stand now.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've always preferred gen three. It seems better in so many ways. But I have not really tried gen four that much.

Gold, Silver, and Crystal were all epic. Pokemon was such a massive success that it was just going to be a big thing for 150 more to be added to the roster. Fans who had gotten used to the original 150 were of course, pumped about the new games. I remember pictures circulating on the net of a few of the new ones; Slowking, Marill, and Togepi in particular. I believe Marill was one of the first to be shown, as there were many rumors about Raichu evolving into a pokemon known as "Pikablu" when given a non-existant "mist stone". Since I was obsessed with this, and after I had seen the pic of "Pikablu", I became fascinated with the pokemon. Marill is still today my favorite pokemon ever, just for that one reason.

I'm torn between the second and forth generations.

Crystal was the very first Pokemon game I ever played, and to this day, I still believe I had the most fun with it. The day and night system, the cell phone accessory (That should come back), and the super creative Pokemon are some of the tiny details that really made the experience enjoyable. I'm tempted to say it's my favorite, but then Platinum just had to come along. Platinum might be the best game I have for the DS right now. Although the differences from Platinum and Diamond/Pearl are minor, they're enough to make me enjoy Platinum more than Pearl. I'm actually finding the story to be quite interesting as well.

I really can't choose.:)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

My brother (not Shnappy, he's younger than me) had games from the first two generations when I was a little, little kid and I probably played them some. I didn't really get into Pokemon much until third generation, but still not all that much until fourth generation. I would say I'm a Pokemon fan now (among Zelda and other things).

I don't see how someone can like one game/book/movie/whatever in a series more than any of the other ones. They're all continuations of the same thing, after all. I'm obviously about to say that I like all the Pokemon generations just the same. There's nothing to like more about one game than Pokemon as a whole.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I'm just going to mention to all that GS remake will most likely be announced this Sunday. Are you exited? Of course you are!

Most people know that I'm a big Pokemon person, I went for all equally, here's why:

1: The original, hard to argue with that.
2: Probably the best game when it comes to gameplay.
3: Revolutionised the strategy, a controllable EV system etc.
4: Best competitive environment in my opinion, I just hope that they make Rapid Spin a Move Tutor in GS(2), becuause the amount of Stealth Rock used is getting ridiculous (the top ten leads are SR leads).

Claire

The Geekette
I've played at least one of the games within every generation, and the only one I am really lacking much time spent playing is within the 2nd generation. I've had much, much more time playing through the other generations rather than the 2nd. I really got attached when I had played Ruby in 5th grade, along with FireRed and Emerald.

I really would have to say (since a lack of play time within the 2nd generation) that the 1st and 3rd generation are my favorite. I spent some time playing the 1st generation when I was younger, but not a whole lot, but still more than the 2nd generation. The 3rd generation is what strengthened my dedication ( ;) ) with the PokeMon series, but there is nothing like the original, 1st generation either. It's rather hard to say, but they all have their strong points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom