• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Direct Announced for 6/6

Zachie

Moo
PREPARE YOUR BUTTS MY FRIENDS BECAUSE THERE'S A POKEMON DIRECT COMING TOMORROW! Here's everything we know so far!

It'll be at 7AM P.T & it will be 8 minutes long!

What do you think they're going to be announcing?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm hoping for remakes of the Generation IV games myself. Timing wise, it would roughly line up with the announcement of OR/AS, as those were announced about 6 months after the release of X&Y (and Sun & Moon were released around the same timeframe as X&Y). Am I expecting that? Not necessarily. I'm certainly hoping for it though.

Ugh, of course it's in the middle of my one class this summer. Guess I'll get all the info at once right after it's over.

What I want the most is definitely the Gen IV remakes, although it does seem a little soon for those. Gen IV was where I really found a passion for Pokemon, and potentially having it on the Switch would be beyond incredible.

If we don't get the remakes, some core Pokemon on the Switch would be nice, named "Stars" or not.

I'll be disappointed if it isn't either of those, although this does seem to be shaping up to be a major announcement.

Called it!!

-Pokken Tournament DX for Switch
-Gold and Silver 3DS VC

Gold and silver was what i wanted so i'm very happy with that.

Roll on 22nd september.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is painful though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't care about Pokken, and Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon isn't as interesting as Pokemon Stars would be. Virtual console thing doesn't mean much to me tbh. Overall, pretty disappointing. And no gen 4 remakes really sunk that direct. Oh well, there's always E3.

Very good Nintendo Direct.

I did not expect to see two sequels returning. It was a well hidden surprise by Nintendo, and a fitting swan song for the 3DS.

Gen 2 VC is another exciting prospect.

Don't care much for Pokken Tournament DX. I might pick it up in the bargain bin. I barely played the original for Wii U.

Zachie

Moo
I guess sequels are the thing now rather than tertiary games and remakes
You mean.. like.. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum & Black & White 2? This is nothing new.

Loved the direct. Going to get all the games announced. Solid show from Nintendo.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You mean.. like.. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum & Black & White 2? This is nothing new.

Loved the direct. Going to get all the games announced. Solid show from Nintendo.
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are what I was referring to as Tertiary games. A third, combined game (or in the case of Yellow, just a third game). BW2 are the only true sequels you mentioned
Though I'm still kinda iffy on what Ultra are, so I could be wrong

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ultra Sun and Moon don't seem like sequels. The Press release for the game explained it as "powered up with new additions to the story and features from Sun and Moon".....

Meaning.... It is not a direct sequel to Sun and Moon like BW2 were. Which is extremely disappointing. It looks to just be a retelling of the original story with some extra content(which would have been fine for a third version of the game)... I don't know... We still need more information... But this looks to be the cheapest "third version" Pokemon company has done... Hopefully I am wrong about that... If I am not wrong though, I think this may be the first mainline pokemon game that I will miss out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom