• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't wanna get shot

Neither does anyone else. Seems kind of selfish. Especially as mason roles aren't as important as some other roles town might have, and even more so since we have 2 mason claims. I'm seriously starting to doubt that you are town despite the mason claims because you have done so many weird things, that it's just hard to believe you're trying to help town out here.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
watchers can detect kills. They shoot me, then somebody's getting caught if the little bird I'm in contact with wants to watch me. Same with funnier if they watch him. Or maybe they'll watch someone else entirely. Who knows?

if my goal was to out the claims I've received in thread, I can assure you I'd have more to talk about than this

Exactly, and why is that a bad thing. You should want that to happen so that mafia gets caught. Instead you're preventing them from getting caught which is anti-town behavior.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
in a private conversation, somebody revealed to me that they have the watcher role. For the time being, I shall withhold further details...

I have told the people I've talked to not to say whether or not they claimed to me. I find that talking about that too much in thread gives mafia too much information.

a watcher can target a person at night and see who visited them

This may be but we have no confirmation of this so for all we know you are making this up.

Rainami

locked away
Exactly, and why is that a bad thing. You should want that to happen so that mafia gets caught. Instead you're preventing them from getting caught which is anti-town behavior.
it's a bad thing because I'm dead

I want to stay alive. I'm not going to pretend that's not a goal of mine. Why wouldn't it? I'd prefer to win, if I can.

and, frankly, I think it's in the town's best interest to keep me and my mason accomplice alive anyway. Funnier is more useful in this game than most townies. And while I'm not always the best at forming leads and whatnot, I'm still doing more than quite a few players.
This may be but we have no confirmation of this so for all we know you are making this up.
I might tell you and music more about it later. Like I said, I still don't totally trust you...and I get the sense the feeling is mutual.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This whole "gathering roles" claim is highly suspect to me. I've never heard of a pair of Masons who could actively communicate with PRs, but maybe they're making use of the OC? If that's the case, then this whole game can be turned up on its head and there's no telling how many of the gathered roles are fake.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
it's a bad thing because I'm dead

I want to stay alive. I'm not going to pretend that's not a goal of mine. Why wouldn't it? I'd prefer to win, if I can.

and, frankly, I think it's in the town's best interest to keep me and my mason accomplice alive anyway. Funnier is more useful in this game than most townies. And while I'm not always the best at forming leads and whatnot, I'm still doing more than quite a few players.

It's a bad thing if any town dies.
You win if town wins (assuming you're town), so it doesn't matter if you're still alive or not. You living just means another townie dies from the mafia kill. It shouldn't be your main focus to try surviving night kills. Finding out ways to detect scum should be your main focus and you're actively working against that right now.

It's unfortunate to lose any townie. Just because you think the two of you are doing more than some others doesn't matter. You're putting yourselves above the rest of town and above finding scum. That's just bad altogether.

Rainami

locked away
This whole "gathering roles" claim is highly suspect to me. I've never heard of a pair of Masons who could actively communicate with PRs, but maybe they're making use of the OC? If that's the case, then this whole game can be turned up on its head and there's no telling how many of the gathered roles are fake.
I'm using OC

you're right, bulbagarden games often tend to heavily involve that in my experience. Sometimes it makes a game a little too simplified for town, so it's a double edged sword in that sense...but generally I don't mind myself thinking OC is a problem.
It's a bad thing if any town dies.
You win if town wins (assuming you're town), so it doesn't matter if you're still alive or not. You living just means another townie dies from the mafia kill. It shouldn't be your main focus to try surviving night kills. Finding out ways to detect scum should be your main focus and you're actively working against that right now.

It's unfortunate to lose any townie. Just because you think the two of you are doing more than some others doesn't matter. You're putting yourselves above the rest of town and above finding scum. That's just bad altogether.
meh. I don't consider it a victory for myself at all if I die. Just recently I technically a won a game as indep even though I died, and I couldn't bring myself to feel any satisfaction for it.

I dunno what to say to this, really. I'll admit that self preservation is a thing I've always worried about in mafia games, it's just a thing with me. It seems like you don't appreciate that, and you're totally free to dislike my playstyle. Other bulbagarden members will certainly agree with you. Disapproval is certainly not new to me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
meh. I don't consider it a victory for myself at all if I die. Just recently I technically a won a game as indep even though I died, and I couldn't bring myself to feel any satisfaction for it.

I dunno what to say to this, really. I'll admit that self preservation is a thing I've always worried about in mafia games, it's just a thing with me. It seems like you don't appreciate that, and you're totally free to dislike my playstyle. Other bulbagarden members will certainly agree with you. Disapproval is certainly not new to me.

Dying but still winning with town is better than not dying and possibly keeping town from winning because you were too worried about yourself. I don't appreciate that way of playing because it goes against the spirit of the game to me. This is a team game, not an individual one. You can't always survive to the end, so what matters is trying to help your team win.

Rainami

locked away
my efforts aren't hindering town, even. Ignoring myself, funnier is more active in this thread than anyone else, which is good for town. That would be reason for me to want him alive even if I wasn't paired with him, and me having this opinion isn't just me valuing him because we're paired together. I could be paired with almost any other player and this entire paragraph wouldn't apply.

For what it's worth, I asked the watcher if I could post their claim in thread. They said it was fine. Besides, this way I can check for counterclaims. Nobody's spoken up so far, so that's a good sign for their legitimacy.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm using OC

you're right, bulbagarden games often tend to heavily involve that in my experience. Sometimes it makes a game a little too simplified for town, so it's a double edged sword in that sense...but generally I don't mind myself thinking OC is a problem.
I get that, but how did you know there was even a Watcher to begin with? You don't have to answer who, but did someone leave a softclaim laying around?

Rainami

locked away
She said she got a notification saying she was watched
no, that's not what happened. I didn't get an alert and as far as I know they haven't watched me yet.
I get that, but how did you know there was even a Watcher to begin with? You don't have to answer who, but did someone leave a softclaim laying around?
I didn't guess they were the watcher based on their posts, but I was getting the impression of some sort of softclaim and decided to contact them about it. Currently I'm trying to branch out my communications a bit more, by figuring out who else I should contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom