• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Well I was right, I hope you're all very happy you lynched the cop day one! :ananger:

Btw I pre wrote this so I stole all my quotes from their original posts. I'm going to include the original quotes in my next post.

YIGAhim- Feenie, Pendio, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild, A Link In Time

Let's see if I can salvage anything from this train wreck.

Feenie, everything about you is towny except your votes, take this for example:

Feenie said- "I was okay with the thought of lynching Lone_Garurumon initially because I was suspicious of his vote on Mellow, and I thought it was weird, but after thinking on it I realized it wasn't such a good idea because a) he hadn't been on to defend himself as of my post"

Why did this not apply to Yiga? I see your second reason was because garu had given a reason, even though you admitted the reason was very shallow.

And you had even unvoted when I said it was a joke and then went back after it became more popular, simply because not unvoting Mez was apparently the scummiest thing you'd seen all day.

Dropping you down to null leaning scum.

Pendios RVS vote is RVS vote, only this time it wasn't left on scum. Need more posts pleaseee.

Minish, I felt like you were inclined to talk about unimportant things more than usual but I was still going to town read you until I found this inconsistency.

Minish said- "But I think what's not being communicated here is that there can be a bit of an activity problem (which has been mentioned) and that often times people just forget/don't have time to remove their random vote. So, I don't see worrying about a Mezlo lynch because of joke votes as being a bad thing. Especially as the days are a little shorter than they normally are here, which just means people are more likely to forget to remove their joke votes."

This completely contradicts with the post below where you decide that Yiga forgetting to unvote and his inactivity are both scummy.

Minish said- "So that leaves me with Yiga. I know he hasn't posted much, and people find the votes on him odd because of that, but he's kinda been where I've been leaning towards. Mostly due to the fact that he acknowledged his vote on Mezlo was a joke, posted in the thread after it had gotten serious, and really only mentioned his "disappointment" that the joke wagon on Mez wasn't happening anymore. But he didn't take that time to remove his own vote. That's not really a ton to go on, but having been on a scum team with Yiga for his first game, it does seem kind of in line with how he played then. He didn't really post much besides fluff, and also didn't seem to take his votes too seriously. While it could just be that he plays the same way when he's town and scum (haven't gotten to see his town play yet), I find that there are some similarities between this game and his scum game, where I'm not really seeing that much in anyone else's posts. With that, I'm going to

Vote: YIGAhim"

Honestly Minish, all that about his being disappointed is well and good until you remember that Yiga likes to joke around all the time. I honestly can't believe he was lynched for it.

I believe that you wouldn't do something like this as scum, I really think you are too careful for that, but I'm noting the possibility of you using the TWTBAW strategy after you mentioned you're careful as scum. Btw your new avatar is cool but nothing beats the Squid Sisters.

Hey Rainami. -Skip-

Mez you know what I think about you, let's get started.

Mez said- "Right now, I'm considering placing my vote on YIGAhim, but I want him to at least say something first."

Why does no one do what they say they're going to do?!

Mez said- "Let us not forget, though, that YIGA has been present lately. TheseI feel like there's a lot of back and forth between members of opposing forums, and it sort of seems mainly due to the different ways that each forum plays mafia. I understand where the people who are "defending" Mezlo are coming from, because I feel the same. But I think what's not being communicated here is that there can be a bit of an activity problem (which has been mentioned) and that often times people just forget/don't have time to remove their random vote. So, I don't see worrying about a Mezlo lynch because of joke votes as being a bad thing. Especially as the days are a little shorter than they normally are here, which just means people are more likely to forget to remove their joke votes.

Right now, I'm considering placing my vote on YIGAhim, but I want him to at least say something first.

Also, I know I said Feenie looks good to me, but if Alit ever dies and flips scum, then I think there's a good chance Feenie will be too.

Let us not forget, though, that YIGA has been present lately. [URL='https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/pokemon-delta-emerald-mafia-bmgf-crossover-day-1-01-09-2017.60844/page-22#post-1110733']These
Unvote

Vote: Yigahim

I feel more confident voting here for now after his series of strange posts about the Mezlo wagon.

At the moment, it looks like the top wagons are Storm (4 votes), Mezlo (3 votes), and Yiga/Lone_Garurumon/Musicfan (2 votes).

I've already expressed why I don't agree with a Storm lynch. It looks just like his one in Korra, with him even being the first vote on it. If he's not going to have a replacement, then I kinda think a policy lynch may be in order then, but I wanted to wait and see first.

Not really liking the Mezlo lynch either as I haven't found him to be suspicious. Not to mention, one of the votes on him is Yiga's which is a joke vote, another is Zachie's who has been subbed out, and the third is funniers whose reasoning for voting I don't agree with.

Also not feeling a Lone_Garurumon or Musicfan lynch. Lone's defense felt solid to me, and while I didn't agree with his vote, he had valid reason for placing it. And musicfan seems to be softclaiming, and hasn't been too suspicious yet, so I'm going to believe him for now.

So that leaves me with Yiga. I know he hasn't posted much, and people find the votes on him odd because of that, but he's kinda been where I've been leaning towards. Mostly due to the fact that he acknowledged his vote on Mezlo was a joke, posted in the thread after it had gotten serious, and really only mentioned his "disappointment" that the joke wagon on Mez wasn't happening anymore. But he didn't take that time to remove his own vote. That's not really a ton to go on, but having been on a scum team with Yiga for his first game, it does seem kind of in line with how he played then. He didn't really post much besides fluff, and also didn't seem to take his votes too seriously. While it could just be that he plays the same way when he's town and scum (haven't gotten to see his town play yet), I find that there are some similarities between this game and his scum game, where I'm not really seeing that much in anyone else's posts. With that, I'm going to

Vote: YIGAhim

I won't be up for much longer, and unfortunately won't be around for eod, but if anyone has anything they want to ask me within the next little bit I'll be happy to answer.

Christ that was a lot to read through:suspicious:

What the? Okay that's suspicious behavior to me.

He hasn't posted since then, though. When will he post again?

I was okay with the thought of lynching Lone_Garurumon initially because I was suspicious of his vote on Mellow, and I thought it was weird, but after thinking on it I realized it wasn't such a good idea because a) he hadn't been on to defend himself as of my post there and b) he had actually been one of the few players on the lynch to try and give a reason no matter how shallow it was--hence the 'ehhh'. I hope that makes sense... I'm not usually unsure of myself, and I normally don't come across that way, but after reflecting on my vote (especially on a fellow BG member whom I should know how they play) then I realized I may be making a mistake.

Well I took it off because funnier mentioned how it was a joke, and I was thinking maybe I was wrong to be so quick to vote him because of him joking, but after seeing how yiga has been online and has not posted in the game since and could've but did not remove his vote from Mellow, I'm going to be placing my vote back on. I said that because I was wanting to make sure he never removed his vote from Mellow, despite saying it was a 'joke'. If it was really a joke, then you'd think at some point you would remove that vote. A joke vote stops being a joke when you don't remove it by the end of the phase.

VOTE: YIGAhim.

How can you say that for sure like you know he's 100% town? There would be no way of knowing this Day 1.

Well, I was scum in that game, so of course I thought you were town, even though your playstyle was more in line with your scum play. Turned out you were third party.

I'm curious as to why you don't find YIGA's actions suspicious? It's evident to me that he's been avoiding posting whilst subtly keeping his vote on who seems like an easy lynch. Tell me, since it was obvious that he had at least been reading a little bit before, considering what he said and when, why did he not remove his vote?

I'm not sure how exactly I'm being frivolous. Sure, I make sarcastic remarks here and there, but I am taking this game seriously.

Also, when I fakeclaimed and later changed my claim because my lie was revealed (gdi Libk I hate you forever), I was town.

Anyway, I find Garu's recent posts to be actually quite fair, and I better understand why he voted for me.

As for the current wagons, I dislike the Storm wagon immensely. While he is almost always a rather toxic player, in Korra he was constantly getting in the way and hindering discussion, whereas in this game he has been sitting back more. And while his behaviour in this game has still been anti-town, and I don't buy his supposed claim in the least (seriously, it just reeks as an excuse to not post), I'd rather not lynch him right now. I also disagree with the Guru lynch, since he's come back and shared his thoughts.

At this point, I'd much rather lynch YIGA. I believe it's 5 votes for YIGA against 4 votes for Storm? (I'm not sure, didn't properly count). Just in case, I'm gonna make sure nobody can tie it up.

Vote: YIGAhim

I wasn't going to vote until he came in and said something, but now that his wagon is picking up speed, there's no point really staying off.

On the issue of Storm I don't think lynching him is a good idea. TO be honest I don't believe his role claim at all and I feel like his attitude and play style is just him trying to be difficult. Kind of annoying cuz he's hurting whichever side he's on when he plays like this. I don't think anything he's done is alignment indicative, we've seen things like this before from him.

Alright so I wanted to give Yiga a chance to respond to mine and other people inquiries before I said anything about him but since he hasn't this is what I think. Last game I played with him he had a similar attitude towards day one's even though that game had gotten serious fairly quickly to. After asking him what his thoughts were on a certain issue day one he responded that he doesn't think day ones are very important as they are mostly rvs and joke votes despite the day getting off to a serious start. I took this as, either he wasn't making an effort to read or he was making a very poor excuse to lay low and not contribute any thoughts that might incriminate him. He did end up being scum in that game. This game he seems to be doing the same thing. He came on and responded to the Mez wagon dissolving which means that he must have at least read some of the thread and seen it got serious but once again decided to lay low despite several people asking for his thoughts.

There are still a few hours in the day but it looks like he's electing to lay low again which I really don't like based on last game. @YIGAhim if you're here please come and give us your thoughts on something otherwise I feel like you're the best candidate to be lynched right now.

Vote: Yigahim
[/url]

Kuro

caw
Well I was right, I hope you're all very happy you lynched the cop day one! :ananger:

Btw I pre wrote this so I stole all my quotes from their original posts. I'm going to include the original quotes in my next post.

YIGAhim- Feenie, Pendio, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild, A Link In Time

Let's see if I can salvage anything from this train wreck.

Feenie, everything about you is towny except your votes, take this for example:

Feenie said- "I was okay with the thought of lynching Lone_Garurumon initially because I was suspicious of his vote on Mellow, and I thought it was weird, but after thinking on it I realized it wasn't such a good idea because a) he hadn't been on to defend himself as of my post"

Why did this not apply to Yiga? I see your second reason was because garu had given a reason, even though you admitted the reason was very shallow.

And you had even unvoted when I said it was a joke and then went back after it became more popular, simply because not unvoting Mez was apparently the scummiest thing you'd seen all day.

Dropping you down to null leaning scum.

Pendios RVS vote is RVS vote, only this time it wasn't left on scum. Need more posts pleaseee.

Minish, I felt like you were inclined to talk about unimportant things more than usual but I was still going to town read you until I found this inconsistency.

Minish said- "But I think what's not being communicated here is that there can be a bit of an activity problem (which has been mentioned) and that often times people just forget/don't have time to remove their random vote. So, I don't see worrying about a Mezlo lynch because of joke votes as being a bad thing. Especially as the days are a little shorter than they normally are here, which just means people are more likely to forget to remove their joke votes."

This completely contradicts with the post below where you decide that Yiga forgetting to unvote and his inactivity are both scummy.

Minish said- "So that leaves me with Yiga. I know he hasn't posted much, and people find the votes on him odd because of that, but he's kinda been where I've been leaning towards. Mostly due to the fact that he acknowledged his vote on Mezlo was a joke, posted in the thread after it had gotten serious, and really only mentioned his "disappointment" that the joke wagon on Mez wasn't happening anymore. But he didn't take that time to remove his own vote. That's not really a ton to go on, but having been on a scum team with Yiga for his first game, it does seem kind of in line with how he played then. He didn't really post much besides fluff, and also didn't seem to take his votes too seriously. While it could just be that he plays the same way when he's town and scum (haven't gotten to see his town play yet), I find that there are some similarities between this game and his scum game, where I'm not really seeing that much in anyone else's posts. With that, I'm going to

Vote: YIGAhim"

Honestly Minish, all that about his being disappointed is well and good until you remember that Yiga likes to joke around all the time. I honestly can't believe he was lynched for it.

I believe that you wouldn't do something like this as scum, I really think you are too careful for that, but I'm noting the possibility of you using the TWTBAW strategy after you mentioned you're careful as scum. Btw your new avatar is cool but nothing beats the Squid Sisters.

Hey Rainami. -Skip-

Mez you know what I think about you, let's get started.

Mez said- "Right now, I'm considering placing my vote on YIGAhim, but I want him to at least say something first."

Why does no one do what they say they're going to do?!

Mez said- "Let us not forget, though, that YIGA has been present lately. Thesefollowed by lynching kuro which is also good

Kuro

caw
what happened there...

Anyway!
Good post, but:
followed by lynching kuro which is also good
ReO9bqI.jpg

Pendio, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo, the early voters can be thouse who did not want to be on a town lynch but also did not want to back off as the lynch over took the storm lynch. I need to over look how people voted.

A Link In Time's vote one Yiga seems unnecessary he already had 2 votes more then strom. I dont hink it is nesiserly scummy but just wanted to point it out.

My vote was solely to be on one of the major wagons after I found out Kuro had voted for Bok by mistake and always meant to vote me.

funnier6

Courage~
His misreading me and essentially revenge-voting are real reasons? Not to mention good ones?

It's a lot better than sheeping on Yiga imo. Shan't be swayed.

If anyone wants me to chat quote me or mention me cause I don't think I'm going to talk about anything until day starts.

Except @Midorikawa you had some reads I think, can you talk to me about your thought process on them?

funnier6 said:
Because of this
These [url="https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/thre...y-1-01-09-2017.60844/page-23#post-1110738]two[/url] posts were made well after the joke phase had ended. And yet, he still kept his vote on, despite clearly having been around.
He could've taken the vote off, yet he didn't. If I had known there was no activity from him since his last post in thread, that would have deterred me more. Lone however when I said that had not been on at all.

I put the vote back on because of what was said above--I said this in my original post when I voted him again, as well.
myself earlier said:
Well I took it off because funnier mentioned how it was a joke, and I was thinking maybe I was wrong to be so quick to vote him because of him joking, but after seeing how yiga has been online and has not posted in the game since and could've but did not remove his vote from Mellow, I'm going to be placing my vote back on. I said that because I was wanting to make sure he never removed his vote from Mellow, despite saying it was a 'joke'. If it was really a joke, then you'd think at some point you would remove that vote. A joke vote stops being a joke when you don't remove it by the end of the phase.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I also find myself agreeing with funnier over Garumon's joke vote. It seems like he went to great lengths to explain why he did so. Joke votes aren't something to be taken seriously, and he seems to be stretching to justify himself, especially since the game had mainly been RVS up to when he voted Mezlo so expecting concrete posts from him is strange.
How is this at all scummy? If anything scum would just pass it off as a joke. Scum has a pretty easy time avoiding lynches d1 and I don't see why they would hard push someone at SoD when it's not at all necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom