• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Cards

MW7

Did anyone besides myself ever actually have Pokemon card battles? I collected around the same time when I began playing the games, at age 8 or 9, and would get together with my friends and have good old fashioned card battles. It seems that whenever I ask people if they were into Pokemon when they were kids, they only ever mention the video games, sometimes they mention they collected cards, but very few people I've asked actually played with them.

I recently found my old card binder. It's not a huge collection, pretty much all first generation, but I have some cool ones, even some of the promo cards from the early movies and some Japanese holographic ones that I have no idea where I got them... Alas, I did have the coveted holographic Charizard at one point, but lost it long ago, since my dumb kid-self was so proud that I carried it everywhere I went. sigh... So anyone else take part in the nerdy goodness of card battling/collecting?

At my school almost everyone collected the cards. I was late starting up but I ended up with a ton of cards. I do still have the complete first base set as well as all my other cards. Whenever anyone asks why I still have them, I tell them that I'm just waiting for them to increase in value so I can sell them, but really I wouldn't ever sell them.

I never really collected or battled with Pokemon cards. But when I was little, I remember my brother telling me how he stole a Charizard card from one of his "friends".(My brother really hated him, but befriending him was part of his scheme to steal his Charizard card.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom