• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

I just hope the rest of them turn out great and after this game they really don't need to make anymore pokemon its all ready going to be 500 and something.
Actually, we'll probably in 600 Pokemon with this new generation. The world of Pokemon has 494 Pokemon in it so far.
Honestly, I don't like those starters. The fire starter is the only one in there that I think looks okay. They better look better when they evolve, or the other Pokemon need to look better so I will actually like this generation. I would say that this generation might drive me away from Pokemon, but I know that is not going to happen for a long time.

I was skeptic at first, I thought I was getting to be to old for the series anymore. I thought I would end it with Soul Silver, but then this came out and it sounded too good to be true. I thought it was a fan made hoax. I saw it on Serebii and saw the massive city and though "Wow, Pokemon's probably just beat every other one of Nintendo's series' by a longshot" and if I'm correct, this is one of maybe 7 or 8 of these type of cities? That thing is just colossal. Then they revealed that the NPCs would be greatly improved. They took what I wanted from Zelda, Pokemon-ified it and slapped it in. It seems Nintendo's working their magic on this game, as it's really going big time. The Pokemon seem sketchy to me, I sorta get questionable with the pokemon designs after Generation 2, but now I'm really starting to wonder if they'll ever go back to making classics.

Right now, It's a wait and see if I want the game or not. I really can't tell at this point.

O

OniLink

they had to improve the gaming or esle it would been pointless to produce it as theres Gold and Silver and the previous titles

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
When I first saw that footage, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I still can't believe that this is going to be for the plain old DS! Seriously, I thought they maxed out the graphical power of the system when HG/SS came out, and now they release a new generation with even better graphics?! All I can say is that I'm amazed. I wonder if they had been underusing the graphical powers in previous games such as Gen III... hmmm...

Anyways, while I do love the new graphics, I kinda feel sad about them too. After all, this games going to be revolutionary and I have a feeling that this is going to be the Pokemon game that Pokemon fans hold as the Holy Grail of the series just because of how innovative it is. And I hate when that happens. It's sad really.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I have ideas for Mijamaru's American line! Whelpake, Whelp(baby Otter)+ Wake, Dampup, Damp+Pup(young otter), and Boarain, Boar(adult otter)+ rain.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I'm not sure what to think of the city stuff. It seems a bit like TP to me, where there were lots of people, but they were more scenery than anything else. Hopefully they still keep a lot of people that you talk to that help you, it would be good if they reward exploration.

Kybyrian

OH MY GOD DO WANT. NOW.

Sorry, but that footage just makes me want it so much.

I've really high expectations for this generation, so they better do good. I'd like at least over 9000 new Pokemon and items, please.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I'm even unsure about the starters. They just don't look, well, like Pokemon. I also don't like how they're making the protagonists older. From the big city, to the rest of the pictures, I'm just unsure about it. But I can't really decide yet until Serebii gets more info, and info on every new Pokemon.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Well, I'm glad to see they've abandoned the impossibly stupid hats that they've been sticking on everyone since Gen3 (seriously, they just kept getting worse) but this time around the look is a lot more realistic- in terms of "less obnoxiously sugar-coated". The graphics have taken a step up, but I'm waiting for some real info on the battle system until I pass judgement- the most glaring flaw of the series is the increasingly sluggish battle animations. Some pokémon that have unique type combinations and actually play with the way you battle instead of always "status then type-trump, repeat until dead" every trainer in the world gives you. Actually making the core gameplay more streamlined and varied is the first step towards redeeming themselves from the D/P/P debacle.

Oh, and the fire and water starters look transcendently idiotic. Not optimistic about better pokémon designs so far.

O

OniLink

i am sure when the list comes in witht he whole new pokemon there are gonna be some people are gonna like
but then again i keep using atleast 1 class pokemon in my party (so nostalgic)

Mute

一員
Y'know, I actually really like the new legendaries. Although at first, I thought Zekrom looked a lot like a black, weird version of Palkia. But it grew on me a few minutes after thinking that. In fact, I think they both look better than Dialga and Palkia, honestly, which I'm a bit happy about. Then again, I told myself to take an optimistic look at each Pokemon this generation, so I'm probably going to like most of them, even little Mijumaru.

Rambling aside, I hope the next ones revealed satisfy me as much as these did.

Last edited:

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Because of the legends, I'm picking Black as my first one. The white one also enhances my belief for Light types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom