• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I was looking at my gold cart of MM today and though how cool it would be to have a 3DS (if you have MM you should look at it, it'll give you a good idea of what is to come =), and after considering how basic the pokemon series really is (press A to level up) it would make a great game to develop for the 3DS. Pokemon's game mechanics aren't that complicated.. (or else kids wouldn't be playing it) so it shouldn't be hard to make a Pokemon game for the future system. It's just the graphic that are a concern, as those graphics are still in development. But pretty soon we are going to get a 3D Pokemon game! and if it's not Black and White what would it be called? Pokemon Holo comes to mind.

But really, Black and White already seem like blockbusters. Personally I like Black and White beter than this idea of Light and Shadow. I mean why can't people just be satisfied with what it's called? why do people already want to change the names? Maybe they think those names are better, but they never switched any of the other games. except in the case of Pokemon Blue and Green. Also Light and Shadow seems so cliche. I'm glad they sort of broke the trend of fancy colors (Pearl, Gold/Silver, Emerald etc.) to gets kids attention. Black and White just sounds a little more mature to me.

Plus the DS has been around for quite some time.. and while games are still being produced for it, it reached it's maximum potential a year or two ago. Now it's just being dragged out as we wait for the next generation of handhelds. If Pokemon Black and White don't appear on the 3DS then I predict this will be the last relevant Pokemon game for the DS.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Why not go for the 3DS on this one? We'll have a whopping seven mainstream games for the DS if they keep it on the soon-to-be-outdated system. Not sure I really understand the logic behind that....

Completely agree, they should wait, partially because I would like to do well in the HSC, also because I like the build up, and finally because they will be better games.

and after considering how basic the pokemon series really is (press A to level up) it would make a great game to develop for the 3DS. Pokemon's game mechanics aren't that complicated.. (or else kids wouldn't be playing it) so it shouldn't be hard to make a Pokemon game for the future system.

Going to have to completely disagree here, Pokemon is extremely complex, but the kids don't know about it. Go to smogon.com and read some articles there. It's a complicated strategy game. Also, Pokemon would have more things packed into it than the vast majority of games today (493 Pokemon each with their own set statistics, a very large area, many different modes of play). Apart from Smash, Pokemon is the best example of something in my mind that is easy to play but extremely difficult to master.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Going to have to completely disagree here, Pokemon is extremely complex, but the kids don't know about it. Go to smogon.com and read some articles there. It's a complicated strategy game. Also, Pokemon would have more things packed into it than the vast majority of games today (493 Pokemon each with their own set statistics, a very large area, many different modes of play). Apart from Smash, Pokemon is the best example of something in my mind that is easy to play but extremely difficult to master.

Ya i know that Pokemon has some complexity to it, such as stats and the amount of content (map, menu, battles) in each game, and im pretty sure kids do know this, and of course there is a bit of strategy too. But honestly you can pick the game up for your first time and play it no problem, it's not that hard. Maybe i worded it wrong in my last post, instead of basic I should have said USER FRIENDLY.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Ya i know that Pokemon has some complexity to it, such as stats and the amount of content (map, menu, battles) in each game, and im pretty sure kids do know this, and of course there is a bit of strategy too. But honestly you can pick the game up for your first time and play it no problem, it's not that hard. Maybe i worded it wrong in my last post, instead of basic I should have said USER FRIENDLY.

Well that is what I said, it's a great example of easy to play, incredibly difficult to play well. Although I thought that you were referring to the ease of making a game, and the stats and all of the complicated stuff is very relevant to that.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I dunno, it depends.
I mean, i only took EV training serious with the 4th Gen. And thats because i wanted perfect EV trained pokemon to beat people on wifi, especialy on Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
I think that nintendo are working hard on pokemon recently as they have just realesed heart gold and soul silver also the new games Black and white also the new movie called:THE RULER OF ILLUSIONS ZOROARK

Now the names of the firs pokemon in generation 5

Name:Zorua
height:0.7m
Weight:12.5kg
Classification: the evil fox pokemon
Type:dark

Name:zoroark
Height:1.6m
Weight 81.1kg (HEAVY)
Classification:The monster fox pokemon

This is true fact and no lies at all

Also the 13th movie incude suicune,raikou,entei, celebi zorua and zoroark also EVIL satoshi (satoshi is japanese for ash)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Wow, I really can't keep up with all the new generations. Although, I don't think they are giving us enough time to coplete the previous games sometimes! :xd: It will be good to see the new generation though and how it has improved.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I heard that the camera will switch angles during battles which is great because i always found the battle screens to be very boring. Also at 1up they posted a new article saying that the game has a tentative release date for the fall in japan, not sure if someone else already mentioned that but it seems that they are developing the game very fast.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I heard that the camera will switch angles during battles which is great because i always found the battle screens to be very boring. Also at 1up they posted a new article saying that the game has a tentative release date for the fall in japan, not sure if someone else already mentioned that but it seems that they are developing the game very fast.

I get the feeling that they've just got a massive staff now, and that they have worked on Platinum, HGSS and these games all at the same time.

L

Lulzigi

Personally, I think that they are great names. And they're finally making the setting of a Pokémon game an urban area instead of the ever-present suburban regions. I mean, Skycrapers in a Pokémon game! Wow! I can't wait to see the starters.

Also, I personally think that they should make it for the DS and give the option of playing it on the 3DS and have it so that if you play on the 3DS, you can use it to move the camera around and use the other 3DS features (if there are any more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom