• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Awww man! Called my older bro today to call Pokemon Black but he knew about this a wee kago and alredy called it! @bluelink Yes because of the paranioa and racism. But this game will still be a hit because people have been talking about this since Pokemon FireRed came out.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Holy Hydro Pumps, those screens look AMAZING! If this turns out to be a DS title instead of a 3DS launch title, I'm going to be even more impressed. I almost thought that the HG/SS graphics were going to be the best it could get without going to a new system. All the Zelda Wii hype has just been smashed by a Wood Hammer.

But this game will still be a hit because people have been talking about this since Pokemon FireRed came out.

I thought people were talking about Pokemon since Red/Blue/Green came out (Green was Japan's Blue version).

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Well kokiri they have been talking about Pokemon Black since FireRed/LeafGreen. I dont really know what you meant by that post though. Im sorry if I didnt answer your question here.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
@ jbkarate9, people have been talking about Black and White since before FireRed/LeafGreen came out. When pokemon Blue and Red were releases over here in 1998 me and my friends used to joke around that there would be a pokemon White and Black, as I'm sure many other kids did. FireRed/LeafGreen didn't come out until 2004.

If I were to get either of the games I would choose Black, after comparing the two pictures for quiet a while I have come to the decision that the Picture for Black is wayy better (although that's probably not what the titles will look like after they get over here to North America since it needs to be translated.)

Also I wouldn't say that It's for the DS just yet... even though we have a few screen shots it doesn't mean it's on the DS for sure. There's still a chance it could be for the 3DS. although it seems like a slim chance.

Austin

Austin
There is a little more information now on the games. I guess Nintendo is making some changes to the game engine. Here are some screen shots. I'm curious if they'll have the ability for pokemon to follow you in this game or not?

cavebig.jpg

centrebig.jpg

citybig.jpg

image2big.jpg

image3big.jpg

Mute

一員
After seeing the Corocoro scans, the main things that intrigue me are the battle system and the more 3D aspect of things. I'm mostly interested in the battle system because it seems to be a more frontal view with the entire Pokemon shown in the back-sprite, not just an upper body shot. Plus it seems to have 3D animations in the attack that the single screen shot shows.

As for the more 3D aspect of things, I really hope that city that there's a picture of is either a beta picture or there's more buildings you can actually enter when you go further into the city. I'd hate if you could only go into, say, the Pokemon Center, Mart, and Gym only.

There also seems to be something hinting towards a vehicle, which makes me think of Pokemon Colosseum. I really hope it's something to make travel easier or only used at certain parts, I hated not being able to explore the wilderness and run into wild Pokemon in Colosseum. Of course, I guess we'll find out whenever they reveal more things.

Also I wouldn't say that It's for the DS just yet... even though we have a few screen shots it doesn't mean it's on the DS for sure. There's still a chance it could be for the 3DS. although it seems like a slim chance.

Actually, it's been confirmed for the DS ever since the main site updated that they had a game planned, before they had their names.
As proof: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2010/01/g100129_02.html
That link will take you to the info page about it, and you can see "DS" near the bottom.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the main Black and White teaser site has the DS logo at the bottom right and says it's for the DS in the little info bar. I should really check these things before using older sources.

Adding the link for the sake of convenience:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Last edited:

hsb39

Why so logical?
If it becomes Pokemon Light and Dark...

Pokemon Twilight, silly!

Ah, "Light Types." I've been waitnig to see those forever. I remember back before there were even Dark Types... people would write fan fictions featuring Light and Dark Types.

This was back in the day when people knew what a Bulbasaur was.

... I'm old...

I can very much imagine the names being changed to Light/Dark. I don't have a problem with the current names, but let's face it, some will.

I absolutely love the names. It's just so simple that it works. However, what I hate is how everyone and their grandma is jumping at the racist conclusion or about adding a "light" type. Dark was added as a way to balance out the overpowered Psychic type, I highly doubt they're going to add another type when there's not really any need for it. Not to mention white does not mean light, so I don't see where people get the idea from. As for the racist thing, it only bothers the people who point out that it may come off as racist, from how I see it. I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about it actually offending them rather than worrying about if it offends someone else. I also don't think they'll change the names when it's brought over, either. I mean, there's plenty of games with "Black" and even "White" in the name and they kept it. Why? Because they're colours! Much like how 90% of the stuff on my desk right now is black and no one's sued the companies for it.

Apart from all that, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing what's revealed in the next Corocoro, I really hope it's a few more Pokemon, or at least the main characters. As long as it's more than just what we already know, I'll be satisfied.

I don't quite see how *speculating* the possibility of a Light Type is racist, or is it jumping to conclusions, it is just speculating. And yes, both Steel and Dark were made to nerf Psychic, but let's be honest, the metagame could do with some mixing up. I'd say that better combats to Entry Hazards is more important though, as that is the main thing at the moment causing a separation between types. Also, we've been speculating the type since 3rd Gen.

Promising screen shots, although I would have liked it to just go to the 3DS, give me more time to finish the HSC...

Mute

一員
I don't quite see how *speculating* the possibility of a Light Type is racist, or is it jumping to conclusions, it is just speculating.

Well, I never said a possibility of a Light type was racist, but instead was talking about how everyone assumes that just because one of the games has "Black" in the name means people will think it's racist. I mean, some probably will, but for the most part, I doubt many will care. As for Light types, I guess it was just a pet peeve of mine because, much like the above point, everyone seems to think there will be one when there's not really anything really hinting at it aside from the other game's name being "White". I mean, speculate all you want, but I'm going to stick with my belief that there won't be one until they actually come out and say they're creating the type.

And yes, both Steel and Dark were made to nerf Psychic, but let's be honest, the metagame could do with some mixing up. I'd say that better combats to Entry Hazards is more important though, as that is the main thing at the moment causing a separation between types. Also, we've been speculating the type since 3rd Gen.

Well, here's where I can't argue, mainly because I'm not part of the Metagame, although I do enjoy watching the matches. I could point out topics I've read on the matter of entry hazards, but I can't think of any of the moment and could possibly misquote something.

EDIT: Most are from GameFAQs anyway, and they're the last place I want to quote.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Well, I never said a possibility of a Light type was racist, but instead was talking about how everyone assumes that just because one of the games has "Black" in the name means people will think it's racist. I mean, some probably will, but for the most part, I doubt many will care. As for Light types, I guess it was just a pet peeve of mine because, much like the above point, everyone seems to think there will be one when there's not really anything really hinting at it aside from the other game's name being "White". I mean, speculate all you want, but I'm going to stick with my belief that there won't be one until they actually come out and say they're creating the type.

While I have no issue with the name, I do think that there will at the very least be jokes, but still, they stuck with "Wii" which worked out pretty well. And yeah, no confirmation until someone says something, Black/White as names aren't enough for confirmation.

Well, here's where I can't argue, mainly because I'm not part of the Metagame, although I do enjoy watching the matches. I could point out topics I've read on the matter of entry hazards, but I can't think of any of the moment and could possibly misquote something.

EDIT: Most are from GameFAQs anyway, and they're the last place I want to quote.

Most of my stuff is just coming from experience, many Pokemon are considered bad simply because of a type that's double SR weak. The only OU that is 2x SR weak is Ninjask and it's usually a lead. Talking of leads, 8/10 of the common leads set up SR, one Toxic Spikes, and one is Ninjask. And game advances haven't helped too much, no new Pokemon from the Generation shift got Rapid Spin, and Platinum brought the best Spinblocker in OU. Sorry for ranting a bit, but it's my biggest annoyance about the current metagame.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Right on! well since it appears to be coming out for the DS that means the new Pokemon cries probably won't be that much different. Also the idea of moving traffic gives me the impression that we might have some new modes of transportation. I can't really say I like the starting town, since they always seem so plain... but those cities look wicked and I wonder what kind of other areas we will have to explore. Maybe a Subway station? the docks, routes, towers? anyplace they decide to throw at us is gunna look sweet if it's anything like the city pictures.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
yeah i saw the news on serebii
my first reaction...from colors-->to metals-->to gems-->more gems-->now contrast/non-colors?
(crystal and platinum seems a little misplaced)

Only bad point about this is...
If i buy this game, i have to transfer my entire teams...AGAIN!
It was already hard to borrow another DS from a friend to transfer everything to diamond to platinum!

They really should make some kind of wii ware or an alternative to transfer pokes! And no, Pokemon Ranch wii ware is not an option.
You can only transfer pokes back to your own game and not to another one. *sigh*

Interesting. But really, Black and White? That seems a little..... I dunno....... bland? I mean, we had diamonds, pearls, platinum, hearts of gold, and souls of silver. Black and White just seem to be a downgrade in naming quality to me at this point after all that grandiose naming. Light and Dark would be much better names, I think. Something else: Why not go for the 3DS on this one? We'll have a whopping seven mainstream games for the DS if they keep it on the soon-to-be-outdated system. Not sure I really understand the logic behind that....

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
We'll have a whopping seven mainstream games for the DS if they keep it on the soon-to-be-outdated system. Not sure I really understand the logic behind that....
When you put it that way, it definitely makes more sense to go with the 3DS. Personally, I'd rather it be DS, since I doubt I'll be buying the 3DS anytime soon. Unless the next handheld Zelda game is on the 3DS, then we'll get it.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Ver-go-a-go-go,the gameboy color had 6 main games and at least two spin-off games.And you say 7 is too much?

Ver-go-a-go-go,the gameboy color had 6 main games and at least two spin-off games.And you say 7 is too much?

Uhhh.... yeah. Yeah I do. Add in the "combo" game that Black and White are sure to have, and then you have 8. You're talking about spinoffs? The DS has more for Pokemon than any other system before it. Plus, the original 6 spanned only two true sets of games; the DS will now support 3. The GB covered 2 regions; the DS will cover 3. The GB introduced one set of new pokemon; the DS will have introduced 2.
Add in spin-offs, and I'm sure we're hovering around 10 games for the DS, probably more since I never keep track of spin-offs. The only one that the GB had that I can think of off the top of my head in Pokemon Pinball.

So yes. I do think it's too much. Having a 3DS game would be very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom