• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

Kybyrian

Oh goody, the fifth generation at last. We'll be getting a huge flood of new Pokemon to make me happier with my competitive battling. I just can't wait for this. I do find it odd about the names, though. I figured they would have picked something different, not black and white, though people have been talking "black and white" before even Diamond and Pearl were announced.

I also find it intriguing how they are not basing at least one of these games off of the traditional 1 stage evolutionary legendary Pokemon like they always have, aside from the very first generation. I see why they did it in the first generation, though. It was new and they wanted them to be based off of the first 3 Pokemon in the Pokedex(In Japan they had Pokemon Green). Instead of our one legendary Pokemon, we're getting this dark type Pokemon that evolves.

hsb39

Why so logical?
OK, it's time for nerdy fanboy speculations and hopes.

1. Please delay this game, firstly because I want to finish my HSC first, secondly because I love the lead up to a new generation, 1 Pokemon is revealed and there is massive hysteria, in 2 weeks time, we get another 2. I love that.

2. So it's Black and White version... There will be racial comments, no doubt, more on the "what game did you get?" "White" "Oh you racist!" That won't be too bad. But what interests me most is that this could just mean that we are going to get a Light Type! I think that we need a new type to stir things up a bit. Might make for some new interesting strategies, even the playing field.

3. I'm hoping for less "take over the world" and more "we're cutting the tails of Slowpoke and trying to get our old master to come back". That's something that I realised from the greatness of HGSS.

4. Take the good ideas... Throw out the bad ones. Sounds fairly logical but even though I thought that HGSS were the best in the series, why take out the easy training of Platinum (rematches were done better I think, simply because there were so many more), and why take out the PokeRadar?

Kazumi

chagy
I'm extremely excited about these new Pokemon games and the 5th Generation in general. I'm not to sure about the names, but I know that I can't wait for CoroCoro to release more details tomorrow.

>.<
Another one? They've been going up in value (name-wise) since the beginning. Colours, Crystals, Gems, Precious metals. If they wanted to do games called black and white, they could've done it back when they still had names based on colour. Still...I think they're seriously pushing it here.
Jbkarate9: You mean becuase of todays paranoia of racism?

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
But one thing I have not seen mentioned, whats the third one going to be when it comes out shortly after? You know how there was Silver, Gold, and then later Crystal etc.
So whats the other one going to be?
Pokemon Grey?
Pokemon Mulatto?

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Well,here is my idea.Better graphics that are WW style,more interactible stuff,get to explore 2 regions,Aegis(my idea for the region name) and Hoenn.I even have ideas for the starters.Emberk,the flaming wolf pokemon.Aquill,the water porcupine.Rootab,the cat plant.Also,a new type.Light type.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well,here is my idea.Better graphics that are WW style,more interactible stuff,get to explore 2 regions,Aegis(my idea for the region name) and Hoenn.I even have ideas for the starters.Emberk,the flaming wolf pokemon.Aquill,the water porcupine.Rootab,the cat plant.Also,a new type.Light type.

Dude, we barely know the names of two Pokemon in Japanese and the Japanese version names. I doubt we can speculate names at all with so little to go by. Although they are indeed cool ideas (I seriously like the idea of a water pocupine, a fire wolf, and a grass cat, as well as the name Aegis for a region, don't get me wrong but we can't speculate exact names at this point).

I agree that Pokemon Black and White probably means that we'll get a new Light Type. Heck, I'm almost positive we'll get a Light Type in Gen V.

And also, we've already gotten WW style cel shaded graphics. They weren't quite as high quality, but they were present. D/P/PT and HG/SS sported these graphics.

I really want the multiple region exploring back. Don't you think it would be epic to surf from Hoenn to Johto and fly from Kanto to Sinnoh and so on and so forth? I do.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Indeed! The mulitple region idea is great because it gives us familiar grounds to catch ALL the pokemon, but what happens If we don't see all of the areas, or we don't get any of them for that matter? what happens then? I'll tell you what. Huge new world. I can't see Johto returning after it's recent remake but you never know.

I had an Idea earlier today, that Pokemon Black and White would turn out to be like the manga comics! A more in depth look at Ash's First Adventure, but that is soo not gunna happen since we're getting all these new pokemon from the start so It can't be Ash. Our new Poke trainer in training should get to pick from three all new pokemon.

Also I'd like to point out the fact that these three Pokemon will probably be themed: Grass, Water, Fire. Or maybe they will finally step it up and let us choose from 5 Pokemon (dark/light types?) and maybe we could have like 3 Rivals or something, all with different personalities towards our new character. Just some Ideas.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
But one thing I have not seen mentioned, whats the third one going to be when it comes out shortly after? You know how there was Silver, Gold, and then later Crystal etc.
So whats the other one going to be?
Pokemon Grey?
Pokemon Mulatto?

If it becomes Pokemon Light and Dark...

Pokemon Twilight, silly!

Ah, "Light Types." I've been waitnig to see those forever. I remember back before there were even Dark Types... people would write fan fictions featuring Light and Dark Types.

This was back in the day when people knew what a Bulbasaur was.

... I'm old...

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Ha! Black and White. I can already hear all the jokes me and my poke-maniac friends are gonna make about this one. " So dude, you black or white?" "I am most definetly going Black" "But you're white!" "Shutup man, im hispanic! (Its not my fault my moms from Monterrey...)" :D

But seriously, whoever is gonna feel offended by this are a bunch of idiot moral guardians (http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoralGuardians). I mean come on, really? No need to worry though, because most likely the higher-ups in charge of translation will probably rename it Light and Shadow in order deter the wrath of any politically correct mommies who wish to protect their child of anything potentially leading to something suggestive of anything potentially taintful of their wittle babbies ideals.

Still, renaming the games to Light and Shadow can only be a good thing :D.

Anyways, im pretty sure that both gamefreak and Nintendo have the resources to make multiple games at once so its quite possible that they were making/developing HG/SS, Plat, B/W at the same time so for all we know these games could have been in the making for years. Besides its been almost four years( I KNOW right?!?! Feels just like yesterday that i was burning the night oil trying to beat Cynthia) I think these guys waited long enough to pull out Generation 5.
Now the true question should be what are the new legendaries? How exactly did Gamefreaks planning department trump themselves this time? Considering that last years ultimate legendary was the "God" of all pokemon. How are they going to trump god anyway ? :3

Mute

一員
I absolutely love the names. It's just so simple that it works. However, what I hate is how everyone and their grandma is jumping at the racist conclusion or about adding a "light" type. Dark was added as a way to balance out the overpowered Psychic type, I highly doubt they're going to add another type when there's not really any need for it. Not to mention white does not mean light, so I don't see where people get the idea from. As for the racist thing, it only bothers the people who point out that it may come off as racist, from how I see it. I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about it actually offending them rather than worrying about if it offends someone else. I also don't think they'll change the names when it's brought over, either. I mean, there's plenty of games with "Black" and even "White" in the name and they kept it. Why? Because they're colours! Much like how 90% of the stuff on my desk right now is black and no one's sued the companies for it.

Apart from all that, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing what's revealed in the next Corocoro, I really hope it's a few more Pokemon, or at least the main characters. As long as it's more than just what we already know, I'll be satisfied.

Kazumi

chagy
Oh my. I'm so excited for this game. I can't wait to see some more CoroCoro screens. And I hope that they reveal a new Pokemon on Pokemon Sunday later today. And I have to say that the part between the revealing of the new Gen and the actual release of the games is the most exciting. Checking every day for new Pokemon, and screen shots.

Any hype that I possibly had for Zelda Wii was just shattered and is now irreplaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom