• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon B&W: Audino Training Vs. Normal Training

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm conducting an experiment to find out if Audino training is, in fact, faster than normal training using wild Pokemon. I had a discussion about this recently, and I had to admit that I have no concrete evidence that Audino training is faster, even though it seems to be a popular assumption. I want to change that.

I need everyone to perform an experiment in order to get reliable data, and find out if different copies of the game have different encounter rates, etc.

Train a Pokemon at least 10 levels using normal wild encounters only, and then reset, and train the SAME Pokemon using the Audino method in the SAME location.

This video outlines the Audino method, for those unfamiliar with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJ1E5JHulI

Post the starting level of the Pokemon, the area you trained it in, the level you trained it to, and the amount of time it took to train them. Also, indicate whether you used the Bicycle, Repels, a Lucky Egg, or Exp. Share.

Here were my results:

Lv. 21 Yamask, Route 13, raised to Lv. 34. Lucky Egg and Bicycle, no Repels.

Normal training: 17 minutes.

Audino training: 12 minutes.

For me, Audino training was approximately 29% faster in this instance. Is it faster across all kinds of training scenarios? Post your results, and we will find out.

NOTE: If you encounter other Pokemon while looking for Audino, you may defeat them. It will not count against you.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It's really a cool experiment, athenian, but wouldn't the total time for audino training be elevated higher than it actually took because of the time it takes to actually FIND an audino? Or are you counting minutes that are only used in battle? I just thought you should clarify that.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It's really a cool experiment, athenian, but wouldn't the total time for audino training be elevated higher than it actually took because of the time it takes to actually FIND an audino? Or are you counting minutes that are only used in battle? I just thought you should clarify that.

No, OF COURSE I included the time it took to find an Audino. Why would I only include the time spent during battle? That wouldn't even make sense... the only reason there's a question is because of the argument that it takes too long to find an Audino. If you only count the minutes spent in battle, Audino is faster because it requires fewer battles. No calculation is needed to determine that.

My hypothesis is that even with the extra time required to find an Audino, it's still faster than normal training, or at worst the same.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I tried this, putting stats ACTIVATE!

lvl 10 Sandile trained to lvl 40 Same route
Normal Training: 25 mins
Audino Training 17 mins
So... yeah, I don't want to do that math lol, but it is quite a bit faster, and thanks for giving me an excuse to get my Sandile, Bandit up to a Krookodile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom