• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon AR Hacking - Legit or Not?

AR Hacking - Legit or Not?

• Yes, it's fine as so long as you don't make a Pokemon with stats that it can't normally get.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's not fine under any circumstances.

• I have no strong feelings either way.

• It's only fine for things like getting extra TMs or other items.

• What's an Action Replay?

• Total voters

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I must confess, I have tried playing Pokemon and a whole bunch of other games with Action Replay before sheerly for my own enjoyment. At first, it was kinda fun messing around until I got to the infinite balls on Metroid Prime Pinball. I got rather far, and I eventually got my high score...but I think one of the counters went further than it should've. So, now, when I try to turn on the game, it says that the save data is corrupt, yet cannot be removed upon trying.

During that time period, I also used AR to mess around with Pearl. I did the "Walk through Walls" cheat so that way I could walk through forests that have "?????" as the location. Then, I also bypassed the town boarder buildings to discover that they are secret loading screens for the larger towns. I almost went to the point in searching for Missingno. However, I have emulated Yellow (Yes, I own Yellow, as well as Silver) in order to find out how the Missingno. in that game works.

I only find AR interesting when it comes to research, such as finding Glitch Pokemon or stuff like that. However, to use it in a game, such as trying to get event Pokemon or getting 99 Master Balls and Rare Candies, that is where it gets boring. If you try to use AR for personal gain, then I feel sorry for you, for you don't know how challenging the game is supposed to be.

It's not legit to use action replay on pokemon games. using the 999x master balls / rare candies code just makes the game easier and less fun. I use it sometimes for fun, but I don't enter my pokemon in tournaments or anything. I know event pokemon are a pain to get, but it's something to look forward to if they announce one.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't agree with using cheats on games at all. I did it once, but I realised that it was the easy way out, so I dont' do it anymore (plus, it glitched up my game slightly). With Pokémon, I think that you should just train them normally, otherwise, it's not fair - even if you give them stats that they could normally have - simply because you didn't go through the training, etc. Cheating is not legit especially if it gives you a gain in the game. But that's just my two cents.

Personally, I only use AR now to gain stats on a pokemon that I will never get because it's inpossible to train since it's legendary and I caught it (like I needed a Scarf Heatran), other than that I EV train because I've decided it's rather fast and quite fun to do once the pokemon have been aquired for training. I hate using AR's other than that though, they really annoy me because all it does it take the actual fun out of the game and makes it boring, it's stupid to do that so my AR just sits around and gathers dust until I want an EV trained Legendary.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ever since Gen IV rolled around about a Generation after I stopped using the Monster Brain (an old Pokemon cheating device for Gen I and II Pokemon games which I got because a friend recommended it to me) I started developing some strong feelings against cheating.

I don't see why people don't want to train the old fashioned way by pwning noob NPCs and wild Pokemon, but I guess I don't feel too strongly about it.

What I do feel strongly about with cheating in Pokemon is attaining Pokemon illegitimately. I can understand not liking how Nintendo makes it so you have to use events if you want to beat the game 100% (in fact I hate it too) but is it worth risking your game? I kid you not, I traded for some rare Pokemon in Platinum once and guess what happened? They were hacked. Not only that, they completely ruined that copy, so I had to go out and buy a new one!!! And right after I saved up thirty five bucks for it too!! Seriously, is it really worth risking your game to get rare Pokemon? No, it isn't. Is it worth risking other people's games so they can get rare Pokemon? Heck no!

hsb39

Why so logical?
I say no, you can use Shoddy if you want to battle like that. Otherwise it's unfair to all of those who put the effort in. I spend a large amount of time IV breeding to get good IVs, some guy with an AR spends a couple minutes getting the codes for a Latias with HP Fire Power 70. I don't have too much of an issue if you tell the other guy and they're OK with it. Those are agreed conditions, I'm pretty much always alright with agreed conditions. But having an advantage over someone else I don't consider OK.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, to be honest I wouldn't use it for a few reasons. All the rules and stuff, it's against some etc you know what I mean, people have already said it. And personally for me, I enjoy the pokemon games and I think Action Replay just takes the fun out of it, it's just too easy and nobody wants to battle you because you are too good, so it would bore me too much. Despite this, I still think that if you want to you can so have fun either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom